Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semple Woods. Donabate

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

Thanks that’s really helpful! Debating between here and Beresford so will go out have a look this weekend
    cloneslad wrote: »
    from Maxol to the M1 would be about 5 minutes or less on a regular day.

Traffic on the M1 is a lottery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

sparkle109 wrote: »
    Thanks that’s really helpful! Debating between here and Beresford so will go out have a look this weekend
    Can I ask what the prices are in Beresford?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sparkle109

They’re similar to Semple woods from memory, I think 3 bed is 390k and 4bed 440k but prices should be in hora constructions website!
    Can I ask what the prices are in Beresford?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

Hi, I was planning to book one of the houses in semple woods, donabate. I really loved the houses and surroundings nearby. It seems its really a nice place to live by.
    But i checked their site plan and found railway track in near the new development houses, does anyone know if the sounds are really bad or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Paphos

jalikhata wrote: »
    Hi, I was planning to book one of the houses in semple woods, donabate. I really loved the houses and surroundings nearby. It seems its really a nice place to live by.
    But i checked their site plan and found railway track in near the new development houses, does anyone know if the sounds are really bad or something?

Hi Jalikhata,

I was near that edge of the estate and did find the train quite load. I live in another part of the estate though and don’t hear it at all, so I guess it depends on where your house would be. It would probably be a good idea to visit the estate, take a look at the new construction and where your house would be and wait for a passing train just so that you know for sure.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jalikhata

Paphos wrote: »
    Hi Jalikhata,

I was near that edge of the estate and did find the train quite load. I live in another part of the estate though and don’t hear it at all, so I guess it depends on where your house would be. It would probably be a good idea to visit the estate, take a look at the new construction and where your house would be and wait for a passing train just so that you know for sure.

Best of luck.

Hi, thanks for reply. I was there today at the evening. I stayed outside for few minutes and it was too loud. Wondering what it sounds like from inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 seb102

Hi, thanks for reply. I was there today at the evening. I stayed outside for few minutes and it was too loud. Wondering what it sounds like from inside?

We moved here a couple of months ago and live close to the railway (not right next to it, about 50 metres away) and the noise is fine. You hear the trains, but it's not too loud, doesn't bother us at all.

The area is great, really looking forward to the greenway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Surely a house that insulated for heat will also insulate for sound

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭reactadabtc

Does anyone know the prices of the 3 beds in here? I'm interested in buying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement