Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tenet (Christopher Nolan) *spoilers from post 475*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Uh, first blush, that's a terrible trailer. Confusing and underwhelming at the same time, I'm not sure what to take from it at all. Discordant scenes mashed together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bacchus wrote: »
    Why did that guy reverse the trailer? That's not how it was shown, as evidenced by other links to the original video on Twitter... I'm just not sure what the point of reversing it was.

godamn i was getting excited by the backwards trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

peteeeed wrote: »
    godamn i was getting excited by the backwards trailer

Ha. I fell for it. I thought it was reversed. Hate when people do that on the internet. No its not funny its douchebagery! :pac:

Ha. I fell for it. I thought it was reversed. Hate when people do that on the internet. No its not funny its douchebagery! :pac:

100% ....unless chris nolan and his brother see it and think hold on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Guessing game time!

I say it's an robot/android! The language was didn't say he!
    Android investigator scoping out a scene where bullets have pierced glass. Touching the glass to android-tech-gather some samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Slydice wrote: »
    Guessing game time!

I say it's an robot/android! The language was didn't say he!
    Android investigator scoping out a scene where bullets have pierced glass. Touching the glass to android-tech-gather some samples.

He's wearing some sort of breathing apparatus in the final shot though, so probably not a robot/android.

I'm gonna go with some sort of multiple-universe shenanigans. Equally, this could be Nolan's take on a Lion King remake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Tenet is a palindrome. He could also have called the film Navan.

It's settled then

The film will be about an Android-Robots transition to full humanity whilst enduring the trials and tribulations of daily life in Navan in order to traverse to an alternate Universe where Navan is _in fact_ called Tenet!

Brilliant! *starts writing oscar nomination* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

In any case it's not a spy movie for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'll have to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

It's Chris Nolan! It's gonna be great. Toffee popcorn bought and ready to smuggle into cinema.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In any case it's not a spy movie for sure.

Not a conventional spy movie perhaps, the same way Inception wasn't a convention heist movie, but I don't think anyone was expecting anything less from Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eastenders and Yesterday actor Himesh Patel joins

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's worth noting also that there is a real person named George Tenet: the US Director of Central Intelligence from 1997-2004. From Wikipedia: "A 2005 Inspector General's report found that Tenet bears "ultimate responsibility" for the United States intelligence community's failure to develop a plan to control al Qaeda in the lead-up to 9/11."

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Hopefully this should be quality

https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tenet-explained-christopher-nolan-details-plot-release/

Quality Director and Cinematography support - tick
    Quality Cast - tick
    Big Budget ($225 million) to shoot the lights out with 7 locations ranging from the UK to Italy to Estonia to Indai - tick
    Who doesn't love an auld thriller - tick

With the copious amount of forgettable shyte cramming up the cinemas in the last 5 to 10 years, this is something to look forward to.

Thought that Dunkirk was an excellent cinema experience and this is shaping up to be another one.

edit - fixed link

That link isn't working, I think this is the one you wanted:
    https://www.indiewire.com/gallery/tenet-explained-christopher-nolan-details-plot-release/

It's likely gonna be
    Secret Agent Time-Travel/Manipulation
    SciFi from what I can tell

That link isn't working, I think this is the one you wanted:

It's likely gonna be
    Secret Agent Time-Travel/Manipulation
    SciFi from what I can tell

yeah posted it in the wrong place and link chopped when copied !

What?!? Again!?

• Advertisement

Still on Twitter.. probably gonna get taken down eventually if that's what they are at:
    https://twitter.com/batsenalesPOD/status/1192084507555454979

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe I didn't watch it properly, but isn't that the same as the original teaser trailer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't watch it properly, but isn't that the same as the original teaser trailer?

Think so but that was never officially released.

Found that too, they are the same: https://streamable.com/finxp

This new one seems to be missing the names that were included in the first

Think so but that was never officially released.

Oh, I'd honestly thought it was officially out; oh wait, it was cinema only or something, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Sources like this suggest we could see a trailer this Thursday, and possibly a prologue sequence to be screened before Star Wars on IMAX.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

WOW! There was a giant trailer for this before Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.
    It was like a whole scene followed by a trailer. That was mad.

The film looks classic Nolan and that it'll have some element of science fiction involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LGadd14

WOW! There was a giant trailer for this before Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker.
    It was like a whole scene followed by a trailer. That was mad.

The film looks classic Nolan and that it'll have some element of science fiction involved.

Did you see this in Cineworld Dublin's IMAX screen by any chance? I asked them yesterday on Twitter if they were showing the prologue ahead of Rise of Skywalker and they didn't confirm nor deny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

LGadd14 wrote: »
    Did you see this in Cineworld Dublin's IMAX screen by any chance? I asked them yesterday on Twitter if they were showing the prologue ahead of Rise of Skywalker and they didn't confirm nor deny.

Cineworld are sh!ts on social media. As they teased for Rise of Skywalker I asked them if they were setting up midnight screenings, since everywhere else was about to release tickets. They just said "you'll have to see". They released them the next day and it was hidden on the website initially, only obviously showing the Thursday day/evening screening times.

Just answer the question and when and what time you're releasing tickets!

I'm gutted to hear there was trailer/scene for this shown. Would have 100% thought the Light House would have had it.

• Advertisement

imax gets a 6 min prologue , everywhere else gets a 2 min trailer , that's a report from the states

Advertisement