Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'd live in a house like this? Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

M5 wrote: »
    When I was lookingaa few years ago, one particular agent had 3 photos of the property.all from the same angle and all containing the mirror of his jeep. Didn't even bother leaving his vehicle.

I am dealing with Estate Agent that I never had to deal with before. I swear they are a law unto themselves. They are the singularly most rude, presumptuous, profession I have met. Now in all fairness my last letting agent was great and I have found one that has a sound receptionist and is on the ball to deal with. The rest are an awful shower. They seem to be worse in the rural areas as they think themselves as local heroes or Lords of the manor interacting with the peasantry. The delusions of grandeur are staggering.

In reality they are descended from third class gentry with level 5 night school qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Lockheed

SupaCat95 wrote: »
    I am dealing with Estate Agent that I never had to deal with before. I swear they are a law unto themselves. They are the singularly most rude, presumptuous, profession I have met. Now in all fairness my last letting agent was great and I have found one that has a sound receptionist and is on the ball to deal with. The rest are an awful shower. They seem to be worse in the rural areas as they think themselves as local heroes or Lords of the manor interacting with the peasantry. The delusions of grandeur are staggering.

In reality they are descended from third class gentry with level 5 night school qualifications.

Remember looking round a house and the estate agent tells us that it was a 'nice location' and that there are 'no renters' around as if that was a positive point, knowing full well that we were renting and it was a first time house purchase, why we didn't just walk out after that I don't know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lockheed wrote: »
    Remember looking round a house and the estate agent tells us that it was a 'nice location' and that there are 'no renters' around as if that was a positive point, knowing full well that we were renting and it was a first time house purchase, why we didn't just walk out after that I don't know.

Eh no renters is a positive point. When we were buying our first house two years ago we looked at estates with no/few renters. No idea how you took offence at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Because snobbery is offensive, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,205 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

flazio wrote: »

is it snobbery or wanting to live somewhere that is more stable? I wouldn't like to live next door to a house that might have different people at any stage. You call it snobbery but do you not understand why somebody might prefer it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

If you have no renters then you probably have settled folk sitting at home all day minding everyone's business and bothering you with petty resident's association shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If you have no renters then you probably have settled folk sitting at home all day minding everyone's business and bothering you with petty resident's association shyte
    A different (and equally offensive, and equally ridiculous) stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Yeah petty stuff like dog owners leaving dog shyte everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks to me like a reception area for gatherings/parties.

It has two Sean Scully paintings (and a third in the background) that are worth many thousands - I'm not necessarily a big fan of Scully's work (Rocha is), but if I could afford original artwork by by favourite artists, I'd dedicate a room to merely standing in front of them too. You can well imagine 15 or 20 people standing in there, drinks in hand, chatting. It might not resonate with everyone's lifestyle, but then we're not all John Rocha.

yeah I had thought they looked like Sean Scullys art work on the wall. Some of his work is good but Im always amazed how much it sells for. He has sold paintings at Sothebys for $500k and even small ones go for $50k upwards. All his paintings are just broad brush strokes in various colours, they are nice and everything if you like that type of abstract art but also hardly the most difficult thing to create. I watched that documentary he did and he bashes these paintings out in no time at all and he has hundreds of them stored in a warehouse which he drip feeds onto the market to maintain the high prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

flazio wrote: »

Yeah I don't care one bit about 'snobbery' when making the biggest purchase I'll ever make. A settled estate is far more desirable than one full of rental properties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't care one bit about 'snobbery' when making the biggest purchase I'll ever make. A settled estate is far more desirable than one full of rental properties.

I've lived in a few estates that were full of renters (as a renter myself). The real problem is when you have a lot of house shares which means lots of cars and can be a real bottleneck getting in and out at peak times. Regular parties can be a problem too. Families renting is a different story. I agree though, I'd prefer a settled estate when buying my own house and think the estate agents remark was perfectly reasonable. I actually think its a bit bizarre that anyone would take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

pgj2015 wrote: »

He should have included bright and airy in his description. And he forgot to mention the indoor garden that extends through many rooms.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I like the Moorish style inner courtyard.

Christy Moorish.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Saw this posted on an Irish interior decor Facebook group :D

I'd get hungry anytime I took a bath

FB-IMG-1620679111149.jpg
    photo url

FB-IMG-1620679111149.jpg
    photo url

I'd start craving wings plus franks red hot sauce every time I went for a wee.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭20/20

Is it Eddie Rocket's house.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I can imagine how nice an oreo malt and bacon cheese fries in the bath would be :rolleyes:

I can imagine how nice an oreo malt and bacon cheese fries in the bath would be :rolleyes:

Yeah it would be the best bath time ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Courtesy of Ugly Irish Houses.

https://www.propertypal.com/114-lower-dromore-road-warrenpoint-newry/691025

25583371.jpg

Some place this, parents must be swingers.
    Maximum effort & money went into master bedroom, bathroom & sauna room.
    **** all on kids rooms & attic.
    Bonus points for front window converted to french doors with patio in front garden...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Christ, that's ugly and tacky. A fecking bath and sink in the bedroom!

50 shades of grey again and one luminous green.

The patio in the front garden is cheap and hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Newry eh.

51172064610_09151e2155_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,862 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Id say you’d have some electrical bill using that a few hours a week....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Strumms wrote: »
    Id say you’d have some electrical bill using that a few hours a week....

You could hop back in after you get the bill to relax. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Oh, the humidity!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

FB-IMG-1620679111149.jpg
    photo url

Am you share the link to the group? I’d love to see more of this kind of “work”....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

-=al=- wrote: »
    Oh, the humidity!

My thoughts as well. You can see the condensation on the window in that photo. Couldn't be good for you having that in your bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭KevRossi

pgj2015 wrote: »

I know the estate agent, he's also a county councillor. I won't comment on him. Only thing about that house is that you could never complain about a smell in the jacks.

No idea why it isn't just advertised as a site with excellent potential to knock it and get planning for a larger house. You can get that site for €20,000 or possibly less FWIW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

My thoughts as well. You can see the condensation on the window in that photo. Couldn't be good for you having that in your bedroom.

That ones in the shed out the back, its the bath that's in the bedroom

Advertisement