Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

paulie21 wrote: »
    See there's a blizzard across the states though don't think it'll hit Denver

No. It will he the south and east.

Temp in Denver is supposed to be in the 40sF, so pretty decent for January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Spent some of my time off making the below :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Great video Ja.

Off topic - For any Making a Murderer fans here, if you pause the video at 13:08 your man looks exactly like Mike Halbach, Teresa's brother. I knew he was Director of Football Technology with the Green Bay Packers, had to check if he transferred to Seahawks after the video! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What tune is that in the video? Reminds me of Godspeed

What tune is that in the video? Reminds me of Godspeed

This Will Destroy You - Quiet

Cracking tune but I basically had to loop a portion of it to make the timing work on the Butler interception. It's not nearly as long as the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,934 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

eagle eye wrote: »
    LIMITED PARTICIPATION WR Danny Amendola (knee) TE Scott Chandler (knee) LB Jamie Collins (back) DB Nate Ebner (hand) WR Julian Edelman (foot) LB Darius Fleming (back/shin) LB Jonathan Freeny (hand) TE Rob Gronkowski (knee/back) LB Dont’a Hightower (knee) OL Tre’ Jackson (knee) DE Chandler Jones (abdomen/toe) DE Rob Ninkovich (shin) WR Matthew Slater (shin) OL Bryan Stork (ankle) OT Sebastian Vollmer (ankle) OT LaAdrian Waddle (shoulder)

FULL PARTICIPATION QB Tom Brady (ankle) SS Patrick Chung (foot) OL Josh Kline (shoulder) WR Brandon LaFell (foot) FS Devin McCourty (ankle)
    Probable: Brady, Chung, Kline, LaFell, McCourty

Questionable: Slater, Amendola, Chandler, Collins, Ebner, Edelman, Fleming, Freeney, Gronkowski, Hightower, Jones, Ninkovich, Stork, Vollmer

Out: Jackson, Waddle

I'm not liking how big that questionable list is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, Mayo to IR. He has a big cap hit next year, around $11.4m according to Reiss, and he already restructured, so it could be the end of him in Foxboro

In terms of playing production he has dropped down the pecking order, I believe he actually began the season 4th on the depth chart before moving up due to injury, but it is his presence and leadership that will be a bigger loss, though I agree that it may be the last we see of him in a Patriots jersey.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Gameday gentlemen! Going for a big feed in Dundrum to settle the nerves, so excited for this game. If anyone sees a goon in a Ninkovich jersey in the town centre, do say hello :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

After what they put Brady & the team through last year, the last thing the league office wants is us in Superbowl 50th. i can't see the Pats winning today and if it's not down to the performance, then it will come down to the officials.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

major nerves creeping in now

Patriots inactives: Tre Jackson OL, LaAdrian Waddle T, Ishmaa'ily Kitchen DL, Jonathan Bostic LB, Tavon Wilson S, Chris Harper WR, Geneo Grissom DL.

After all the questionables I'm over the moon at this inactive list. It appears we are healthier than we have been for some time. Go Patriot!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Patriots will win this comfortably enough IMO.

EDIT - wrong thread, sorry. I meant to post in the playoff thread.

Paully D wrote: »
    Patriots will win this comfortably enough IMO.

Why do you think that?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Why do you think that?

Tom Brady and his weapons. A healthy roster. A very good and underrated defense. The Broncos offense.

I'd be skeptical about how healthy some of those inclusions are, the O line is still a nightmare and the D has already shown it will give up the big plays. The Denver D is giving me heart attacks right now, the thought of Brady getting creased a lot is not a pleasant one and if they get the run game going I think its a very long night ahead.

I wish I had your confidence! I do have faith in 12 though so never count them out

• Advertisement

I'd be skeptical about how healthy some of those inclusions are, the O line is still a nightmare and the D has already shown it will give up the big plays. The Denver D is giving me heart attacks right now, the thought of Brady getting creased a lot is not a pleasant one and if they get the run game going I think its a very long night ahead.

I wish I had your confidence! I do have faith in 12 though so never count them out

Not a good start, gotta get on the board on this drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Same story as last week, can't get off the field on 3rd down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,147 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Offence back to playing same crap as end of regular season

You could stick me in that o line and I wouldn't do any worse :(

• Advertisement

I feel sick

Well ultimately this comes down to going 2-4 over the last 6 weeks of the season. The injuries are no excuse for those games. Sickening.

Will post my thoughts on some horrendous play calling yet again, but that's for another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

OL was a joke. Wasn't even a revolving door. Was more like a wide open door.

Blowing the number 1 seed towards the end of the season really came home to roost today. Pats probably win that at home.

OL was a joke. Wasn't even a revolving door. Was more like a wide open door.

Blowing the number 1 seed towards the end of the season really came home to roost today. Pats probably win that at home.

I hope we use every draft pick on a new o line. They have been horrendous all year

me89 wrote: »
    I hope we use every draft pick on a new o line. They have been horrendous all year
    It's such an obvious area of need that we won't pick up even one OL in the draft. Everybody is always wrong about the Patriots draft picks. Belichick is just unpredictable in the draft. :D

Feck off OL all of ye. The GOAT QB and GOAT TE can't do anything about that crap assembled OL

Cut the whole OL, ****ing disgrace. Cannon should be left behind in Denver. So angry watching that ****. Season gone down the drain because they can't give Brady 2 secs.

Who would have thought Ghost missing a kick would lose a game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

OL and not fighting for the No 1 seed cost us a bowl trip. I feel that would have been a completely different game in NE. Not having to contend with High altitude and a packed stadium full of Noisy Broncos fans and a Broncos team fired up by being at home for me makes all the difference. The small things can have a huge affect on the game.

Our Oline is shocking at best and so many were confident with it saying oh well Brady will get quick balls out to JE11 and Gronk but not figuring the front 7 of the Broncos have won games for them. We were outclassed by their defense really. Add that to the above and it becomes a fight.

Hell of a season, all things considered a missed opportunity really but its very hard to fault the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Not good enough, no running game, no OL - what can you expect! It would be a tougher pill to swallow losing in the Super Bowel TBH. Hard to admit but we don't deserve to be in the big game, can't have any arguments really!

• Advertisement

Brady was really poor for most of that game, beyond the pressure, he made some really bad throws. He didn't seem to have confidence at all.

Called it pretty well, got the D wrong though, they stepped up very well tonight, can't fault them for the effort though the Bronco's offence is septic really.

Denver D showed up big time and as expected the O-line played to its usual standard, Brady deserves better then that.

Brady was really poor for most of that game, beyond the pressure, he made some really bad throws. He didn't seem to have confidence at all.

Hit 20 times tonight. A record for the entire NFL season. Don't know any QB that could thrive in those circumstances. Missed some throws sure but running for his life all game. You're going to be off balance making throws.

play calling today was ****ing shocking. No one on offense besides Gronk showed up at all. They should have kicked on 4th, definitely not call whatever the **** play that was.

Hit 20 times tonight. A record for the entire NFL season. Don't know any QB that could thrive in those circumstances. Missed some throws sure but running for his life all game. You're going to be off balance making throws.

Not ignoring that by any means, OL cost us the game, flat out. Brady was seeing ghosts most of the game, making really poor throws at times. Expected in that situation.

I think all of us would of bit a hand off if you were offered Broncos scoring only 20 points. Just so disappointed with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I think it was an outstanding achievement to make it to the AFC championship game with that O line. It's credit to the D and Brady for that!

Don't think Brady was that bad, he just had no time. A 38 year old qb getting hit 20 times is just ridiculous. Plus the fact we had no running game at all.

A half decent OL and we win that game, period.

Why they didn't kick on 4th is baffling. The D was stopping Denver at will, in the end we could have kicked 3 times to win the game ffs. Terrible play calling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I was actually impressed with how well Brady hung in there last night.
    While he was hit 20 times, the other stat you're missing is the other 25 odd pressures he received as well.

That means he only had around 10 throws without a defender in his face last night, even with a few 2-second releases in there.

Denver were able to get to him on 3 man rushes, leaving 8 guys covering 5 receivers downfield.
    There's never been a QB capable of winning a game with those conditions, the fact that he came so close is testament to how well he did at fighting against it.

Our O-Line is by far one of the worst units I've seen on a playoff team, and that's where I place all the blame for coming up short.

Gostkowski missed his first XP of 523 attempts and has won many games for us along the way.

We could have gone for field goals, but you're either 2 scores down if you go for a FG possibly 1 with a TD, late in the 4th against the best defense in the league that has hit your QB 20 times already, you take the shot you have because you know you may not get another.

With that O-Line, the playcalling becomes more difficult and your confidence to drive the field is lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Gostkowski missing that kick. Just wow. I think we all would have put our houses on it.

Didnt get to see all the game so will watch it tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Gostkowski missing that kick. Just wow. I think we all would have put our houses on it.

Didnt get to see all the game so will watch it tonight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Just back to reality after last night. Horrible game. It's all been said already, but my biggest issue is that this was being said all year. The O Line was muck, absolute muck. Canon and Fleming standing there watching the pass rushers just breeze past them. Chop thme, or slow them down or do something, but to not even lay a glove on them? Awful.

Brady was spooked I think, probably due to the hits, but his play wasnt as good as it has been during the season. Most evident on the play where he did have time and he just never set himself and overthrew an easy pass to Gronk.

As for Gostowski.:(

I posted this back in October
    However, this week I wanted to make the point on Gostkowski, and how criminally under rated he is in general. Yes every one raves about him, everyone acknowledges how good he is, but because he is so utterly consistent and reliable, he is generally overlooked as it is a given he performs at the top level week in, week out. And the thing is, there is no other kicker in the league as good. And to be honest, I dont think there has ever been anyone as good. He had a very tough introduction, taking over from what many consider to be a guaranteed hall of famer, and for a kicker, thats not the norm. But I genuinely think he is now better than Vinatieri. Vinatieri will always have those superbowl winners, and probably more impressively, the equalising kick against the Raiders, which was utterly phenomenal. I was slow to take to Gost, its hard when a legend like Vinatieri leaves, and then a few missed clutch kicks (eg Arizona at home) adds to that pressure.

But since then, and more so in the past couple of years, he has been exceptional. Delighted he got the consecutive record. He deserves the accolades he gets this week. Because to be honest, until he misses again, me and plenty of others and media, will continue to overlook his value and just consider it a given.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I always felt that Denver D gave them a chance, particularly against our OL, but I didn't think they would just open the floodgates and allow Brady to get smashed all night.

Credit to Denver as they were beasts in the trenches, but a 2pt loss after Brady suffered the worst OL protection seen in the NFL this year, showed that even a decent performance by the OL would have been enough.

The Gost miss was a factor at the end, but the OL (in terms of protection and the inability to help in the running game) is the glaring weakness that had to be addressed in the off season. When you see the cap hit Canon has, and the way he played, he may be a cut candidate.

It's pretty damning that Denver felt they could get away with only rushing 3 most of the time, and they were proved right in the end. It took every bit of Brady to get them down the field at the end for the score.

• Advertisement

Watching Cannon and Fleming trying to defend Miller was a car crash. They literally didn't lay a glove on him at times. They weren't even slowing him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I had this horrible dream....

Just watched Gronks highlights again from last night, what an absolute beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

First scapegoat is gone. Dave DeGuglielmo got sacked today good to see we are blaming the Oline coach for sub standard offensive linemen and injuries. Scarnecchia wouldn't have even been able to anything with the abilities of the guys we have and the injuries we had.

Scapegoat a little perhaps, but at the end of the day injuries or not, the Broncos were getting hits on Brady with a 3 man rush. That's just not acceptable at all and it's not the first time this season by any stretch.

Hoping that BB can be similarly ruthless in trying to address some of the teams other deficiencies, like having a decent rb or field stretching wr would be nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement