Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

"Polish stew" "the generosity of the Irish people"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Peculiar.

"The Hug Bank"

"... that would make me le peculiar, which I'm not"

"Santa likes babies, weirdly".

Strange man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He's definitely on something. Has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

There’s something weird and unsettling about Tubridy, in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Ryan reminds us of his being the first to get tested.... I actually wouldn't mind the TV demo to be honest.... but in "real life" he was (among) very first to be tested.

Any clarification in how it affected him? Weve heard it ranged from very mild and not even noticable to being in a bad way. Which is it?

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    He's definitely on something. Has to be.

Let's not suggest anything like that here, but he is forcing himself to be something or other and it comes across very strange. Does he ever actually listen to himself? I do t think he does.

Just switched on. After the weirdness, I note he got more free cards.

Any other freebies?

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Any clarification in how it affected him? Weve heard it ranged from very mild and not even noticable to being in a bad way. Which is it?

"I suffered badly, audience, but I didn't want to worry you at the time"

"I suffered badly, audience, but I didn't want to worry you at the time"

Did he actually say that???!!

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    The Platitude King. I like it.

Should be renamed

"The Morning Fakeness Platitude Show"

Did he actually say that???!!

I'm paraphrasing here... but several weeks or months back he did say something very like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Just caught a snippet there in the car.

Bonkers - check
    Listen, I'm not talking to someone else, YOU need to do this (call an elderly relative) - okay
    Our friends at ALONE - check
    Our friends at the fire brigade - check
    Shoutout to anyone in uniform - homoerotic check
    Free white vinyl of choir hymns - nice for him
    Free book with personal card from author - alright
    It's ok to cry - check
    Go on, cry - ugh
    Heralding his love for Frank Sinatra, notorious misogynist - check
    Plays a snippet of an annoying song and turns it off - check
    Reads a text from a woman who allegedly says "the house is a mess but we're all safe" - wtf
    Soliciting texts about a crap old tv show - check
    Peacocking about watching a historical show in another language - does it never end.

I just think maybe it's radio for people I've never met because if I just don't think anyone is as earnest as the spacers who supposedly text in. Also the fakeness. I nearly gawked. The above was in less than fifteen minutes.

A nurse who came in on her day off. I have an in-jaw relative who has come into her hospital on her day off during certain situations, it's not that unusual at all.

Ryan can't understand how anybody would do any additional work beyond what they are paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

A nurse who came in on her day off. I have an in-jaw relative who has come into her hospital on her day off during certain situations, it's not that unusual at all.
    Putting all the ones who didn't come in on their day off, but actually took the day off, to shame (I'd imagine).

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ffs it’s a weekly occurrence at the moment, and isn’t unusual at all even in normal times.

Straight from the horse’s mouth: December 23rd marks the end of the working year.

Wish I had a job like that.

Ryan can't understand how anybody would do any additional work beyond what they are paid for.

From the fella who takes home more in a month (approx 20hours in his case) than a nurse does in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Christ on a bike. This song is ****ing brutal. They way tubsbot built it up. I was expecting something epic. The Ode to joy, immigrant song, Hallelujah.

Not some ****e from Wings I've never heard before

• Advertisement

Straight from the horse’s mouth: December 23rd marks the end of the year.

Wish I had a job like that.

Joe Duffy is here all summer too don’t forget! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"The Hug Bank"

"... that would make me peculiar, which I'm not"

"Santa likes babies, weirdly".

Strange man

w**nk bank has been around for years so it's funny if DLB has a hug bank

• Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭plodder

Christ on a bike. This song is ****ing brutal. They way tubsbot built it up. I was expecting something epic. The Ode to joy, immigrant song, Hallelujah.

Not some ****e from Wings I've never heard before
    Not too fond of it either. Though, it's an oldie from "Freiheit".

Tubs is very fond of it, which means at least we won't have to suffer it again for 2020.

From the fella who takes home more in a month (approx 20hours in his case) than a nurse does in a year.

If you think about this, a nurse works almost twice as long IN A WEEK as Tubs does IN A MONTH.

For the record, nursing weekly shifts are typically 3 x 12 hour days (36 hours total per week) with 4 days per week off. That’s typical, but not universal.

plodder wrote: »
    Not too fond of it either. Though, it's an oldie from "Freiheit".

Tubs is very fond of it, which means at least we won't have to suffer it again for 2020.

My mistake sorry.

I have never heard it before and hope I never hear it.

It is awful. I hope I never hear it again

• Registered Users Posts: 71,877 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Funny how that Freiheit song has now become associated with Christmas, despite neither the lyrics or video alluding to the festive season at all.

And it’s not just because Ryan keeps playing it (it’s also currently being used in the BBC ad).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Couldn't do it this morning after hearing him excitedly anticipating his Christmas holidays yesterday.

"I'm looking forward to an extended break because it's been such a long and tough year".

He had a week off last month before the Toy Show, which is what most people get for Christmas itself (if they're lucky). He has had a few days off since then, too.

With no LLS during the summer, the only work he did was 5 hours per week of badly prepared ("on the hoof") radio with loads of time off throughout. And he took plenty of leave early in the year too.

He is an incredibly ignorant individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

plodder wrote: »
    Not too fond of it either. Though, it's an oldie from "Freiheit". Tubs is very fond of it, which means at least we won't have to suffer it again for 2020.

Surprised that song would be so offensive to everybody - it's a very nice song. The most McCartney like song ever that was never written by McCartney.

With no LLS during the summer, the only work he did was 5 hours per week of badly prepared ("on the hoof") radio with loads of time off throughout.

WHAT!!
    Are you for real? Do you think classic skits like "I want KP nuts", just write themselves. And the hours Tubs spends reading the obits looking for show segments. Or researching rare diseases. You would need have the year off aswell.

Staggeringly bonkers that someone could under estimate the amount of work ging into the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

WHAT!!
    Are you for real? Do you think classic skits like "I want KP nuts", just write themselves. And the hours Tubs spends reading the obits looking for show segments. Or researching rare diseases. You would need have the year off aswell.

Staggeringly bonkers that someone could under estimate the amount of work ging into the show.

You're right! I take it back :D

And I totally forgot about all the time he has to spend practicing his self-indulgent impressions of Jimmy Stewart ("do you want the moon, Mary?") and Donald Trump.

Oh and he had to learn not one but TWO songs for the Toy Show.

An absolute Trojan, he is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement