Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Continuing the theme of reminding people that there is a world outside of Nike....the Asics Meta Racer Tokyo is a thing of beauty :eek:

There's what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Saucony Endorphin Pro sold out immediately....

Had them on pre order and was contacted to be informed by the shop that the order would be 20€ more than what i ordered. So cancelled order as could not justify the new price as original price was alot as it was.
    Might consider again when races are back, So now to look for a good Daily trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Finally got my Asics Novablast runners delivered. Good fit & really cushioned when I walked around in them. Looking forward to running in them tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Ordered a pair of hoka one one mach 2 on Monday, delivered by shop owner on Tuesday. First spin in them today bit tight on the heel but comfortable. A pair mainly for easy running days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

514495.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    514495.JPG

Review Expected!!!

Review Expected!!!

Early thoughts.
    Much more comfortable than the Next%.
    The upper and the ride are both seamless.
    Definitley get you on the mid/fore foot.

I don't think they are as fast as the Next% over shorter distances, but possibly a great choice over HM to FM.

I wore them on a 5k TT, didn't feel lightening, but then I'm also not back in shape, so maybe unfair.

Feel a lot lighter than their 232 grams.

Second wear this evening on a relatively easy 10 mile, again so comfortable, very nice roll and seem to be pretty durable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Early thoughts.

I don't think they are as fast as the Next% over shorter distances, but possibly a great choice over HM to FM.

I wore them on a 5k TT, didn't feel lightening, but then I'm also not back in shape, so maybe unfair.

Second wear this evening on a relatively easy 10 mile, again so comfortable, very nice roll and seem to be pretty durable.

Thanks for that. Is it only the Pro they have released so far and only in white?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

514495.JPG

I think I'd go to bed in them..savage looking and getting great reviews..Only wearing my first pair of Sauconys now (Kinvara11) and I love them..

Thanks for that. Is it only the Pro they have released so far and only in white?

There's an Endorphin Speed also, similar colourway, haven't seen any signs of a release over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Early thoughts.

Thanks for that - whats the expected mileage from these??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

There's an Endorphin Speed also, similar colourway, haven't seen any signs of a release over here.

Yeah there's to be the Pro, Speed and Shift. I think there is a Nylon plate in the speed instead of carbon and the Shift is more an everyday shoe. Durability is supposed to be really good. They showed 3 or 4 colours at the launch in December but only seem to have produced the white so far. They look fantastic in fairness.

Thanks for that - whats the expected mileage from these??

Finger in the air, I guess 200-250 if the purpose is racing, possibly 2x as a training shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Finger in the air, I guess 200-250 if the purpose is racing, possibly 2x as a training shoe.

Oh man, so tempting. Been waiting for the Adizero Pro for ages and after previously having a release data in April, then May, no sign at all now.

I think I saw you're a fan of Boston 8s? How do they size compared to them? Boston 8's are my daily trainers with Adios 4 for faster stuff, all in UK 9.5s, so thinking same size Endorphin Pros? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

On the subject of Boston 8 mine arrived there today. Snug for sure. Tighter than the same size in Nike. But I usually size up one size with Adidas. Feel like a tempo runner for sure which is great as I have enough session and racer shoes with recent, very welcome additions.
    Looking forward to taking them out on a test drive.

Oh man, so tempting. Been waiting for the Adizero Pro for ages and after previously having a release data in April, then May, no sign at all now.

I think I saw you're a fan of Boston 8s? How do they size compared to them? Boston 8's are my daily trainers with Adios 4 for faster stuff, all in UK 9.5s, so thinking same size Endorphin Pros? Cheers!

I'm a 10 in the Boston 8 and a 10 in the Endorphin, if anything the Endorphine size bigger, if I could get a customer made 9 3/4 that would be great :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

On the subject of Boston 8 mine arrived there today. Snug for sure. Tighter than the same size in Nike. But I usually size up one size with Adidas. Feel like a tempo runner for sure which is great as I have enough session and racer shoes with recent, very welcome additions.

Yeah, they're snug, the Adios are a little snugger still, I bought a couple of pairs of thinner socks, mad how much difference socks can make, was these ones..
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/hilly-super-saver-glide-socks-twin-pack/?sku=102440839
    I'm a 10 in the Boston 8 and a 10 in the Endorphin, if anything the Endorphine size bigger, if I could get a customer made 9 3/4 that would be great :pac:

Nice one, off to watch a few more you tube reviews..

Yeah I replaced my usual running socks with skinny socks and that helped. Won't really know til I test drive.

514495.JPG

Really wanted to get a pair of these, They seem to be getting great reviews.
    Decided to get a pair of Brooks Hyperion tempos when they appeared on the brooks site, but alot of sizes sold out already. Looking forward to trying them.

boydkev wrote: »
    Really wanted to get a pair of these, They seem to be getting great reviews.
    Decided to get a pair of Brooks Hyperion tempos when they appeared on the brooks site, but alot of sizes sold out already. Looking forward to trying them.

Have a pair on the way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve 50k on the Hyperion Pros now.
    First time they have came into their own for me was doing 10x400s the other day. Other than that they are a bit meh.
    I’d be pissed if I hadn’t gotten them 40% off

I’ll get the endorphins for sure once I can as I rub predominantly in Saucony.

Did get a pair on NB880 and enjoying them for the easier stuff

I got my Boston 8' yesterday...not a fan.I only ran 5km, so it will take a while to get a better feel.
    Found the lacing odd, not alot of cushioning, and loud (that is my running style)
    Having said that I did a sub 20 5km in the heat !

4Ad wrote:
    I got my Boston 8' yesterday...not a fan.I only ran 5km, so it will take a while to get a better feel. Found the lacing odd, not alot of cushioning, and loud (that is my running style) Having said that I did a sub 20 5km in the heat !

Have a mile TT tomorrow so won't risk new runners before that. Will test drive next week for sure.

got my Boston 8' yesterday...not a fan.I only ran 5km, so it will take a while to get a better feel.
    Found the lacing odd, not alot of cushioning, and loud (that is my running style)
    Having said that I did a sub 20 5km in the heat !

For sale....
    I did another 5km in the Boston 8, I really dont like them !!
    The look, the fit, the sound !
    Not for me..
    Back to Kinvara 11's, on deporvillage ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Alphaflys on sportshoes . com now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yeah, they're snug, the Adios are a little snugger still, I bought a couple of pairs of thinner socks, mad how much difference socks can make, was these ones..
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/hilly-super-saver-glide-socks-twin-pack/?sku=102440839

I know im a bit late with this, but as well as the hilly socks, I find the Speigen socks very similar to them! I have 5+ pairs of them at the moment and find them great

People may remember from the bargain around the time of DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

MY BAD wrote: »
    Alphaflys on sportshoes . com now

I managed to grab a pair last night they didn’t last long I checked back 15 mins later and most were sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Ordered a pair of Pegasus 37, released today. Got a nice discount on them.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I ordered them aswell (No discount though:mad:), Looking forward to trying them. Reviews are good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

How?

Advertisement