Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Australia 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I normally skip Katy at the start, but I was curious to see if Ben was still there. He isn't (he was there last week).
    Looks like MCAU is really trying to put some distance between Ben and the show.

Good elimination yesterday, that dessert was mouthwatering (and bloody tough).
    1h45 was a nuts time limit, though. 2 hours would have made a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Mr E wrote: »
    I normally skip Katy at the start, but I was curious to see if Ben was still there. He isn't (he was there last week).

Lol noticed that last night too! It was a hard round but glad the result went the way it did and not the other way around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Good elimination yesterday, that dessert was mouthwatering (and bloody tough).
    1h45 was a nuts time limit, though. 2 hours would have made a big difference.

That was the bets dessert/pressure test on the season for me.
    Would be keen to try that

Half way there now...

Some bad days in the kitchen during the elimination. I think the right person went home.

The promo for this week looks great. :)

Half way there now...

Some bad days in the kitchen during the elimination. I think the right person went home.

The promo for this week looks great. :)

Yep me too. There are few of them, they were one, that aren't getting a lot of air time in relation to the some of the others!

• Advertisement

Ooooh... first episode in the age of Corona. Gloves, social distancing... the second half of the season is going to be interesting.

I guess this was filmed in March. I don't think there will be any more outdoor/public challenges this season.

Just about to watch it , we had to watch the elimination first and the right person went but it so easily could have been Emilia who I have a soft spot for and had in season 6 too.

At this point I'd love Laura or Brendan to win or anyone not Reese, Poh or Reynold.

EDIT: We were talking tonight and both agreed while understanding why they aren't a thing this year that the cook offs against the pro chefs for immunity were a much better watch and our favorite bit in past series.

I guess this was filmed in March. I don't think there will be any more outdoor/public challenges this season.
    Yeah, start of march when Australia went into a higher stage of lock down.
    The exit of a certain person helps pinpoint that too.
    EDIT: We were talking tonight and both agreed while understanding why they aren't a thing this year that the cook offs against the pro chefs for immunity were a much better watch and our favorite bit in past series.

In other seasons, that was a professional vrs an amateur. The professional typically won even with the handicap. So they look good, gets the brand out there.
    But all the guest this year are all essentially professionals themselves, who are familiar with the kitchen/format. They'd have a huge advantage vrs random chefs. Less inviting opportunity for showcase a brand.

Interesting to see how they are trying to implement the distancing etc. You could see people forgetting and standing close to each other and then the next shot they had moved apart. They are still making one dish and taking in to the judges (no gloves) and then 1 judge dishing it out for the others - again no gloves. Wonder will that change as the weeks go on.

They are still making one dish and taking in to the judges (no gloves) and then 1 judge dishing it out for the others - again no gloves.
    I don't think gloves would make a huge difference there tbh.
    They don't prevent you passing it to other people or to your airway while you are wearing them. The benefit comes when you take them off and throw them away.

But at this point in the show cases from probably still pretty low. <50 in the state

• Advertisement

Reynold's rabbit hole dessert... wow.

Really warmed to the judges at this stage, not missing the 3 lads at all now. Only just watched the mystery box some great stuff there.

Reynold's rabbit hole dessert... wow.

Love him. Thought he should have gone further in his own season so hope he does here

Really warmed to the judges at this stage, not missing the 3 lads at all now. Only just watched the mystery box some great stuff there.

They really have taken to it like ducks to water. They are brilliant, all 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Agreed on the judges, they're doing a great job. They gel and bounce off each other well.

That rabbit hole, wow, just wow.

Very weird with the social distancing!

Gutted over that one but 100% the right one to walk based on the challenge. Still think they were in the top 5 of those left if not higher.

This week is going to be great if today was anything to go by, I got a laugh at the end when Mel said X should continue to cook like that to the other judges as the contestants left and then picked up the bowl and kept eating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

can I just 2nd and 3rd the comments about the judges.
    I honestly didn't know what it was going to be like without the boys, but it's fantastic.
    Like someone else said, they really bounce off each other well . Andy is fab . He just likes everything.
    They are all very likeable and I'm enjoying this season so much.

As for contestants - I love Khahn so much. Also really like Simon, then again I was their biggest fan in their own seasons too.
    Poh is getting on my nerves and Reynold is way too serious for me.

This week is going to be great if today was anything to go by, I got a laugh at the end when Mel said X should continue to cook like that to the other judges as the contestants left and then picked up the bowl and kept eating :D

I don't know where she puts the food - the size of her! She just seems to shovel it in :)

Last week was a nice twist on the format. Sorry to see that person go home.

As for last night, the last dish by the person who lost was not great... They are all heavy hitters now, so it'll be hard to see people leave.

• Advertisement

As for last night, the last dish by the person who lost was not great... They are all heavy hitters now, so it'll be hard to see people leave.

Yeah, you slip up even slightly in an elimination and you're gone at this point.

Last week was a nice twist on the format. Sorry to see that person go home.

Yep I think their time was up. Hard to pick a winner now!

Hard one today. Very tough to do a curry
    without a recipe

Loved the chef's trolling when there was 10 minutes to go. It got such a great reaction from everyone.

Big casualty today - very sorry to see them go. One of my favourites. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

without a recipe

Loved the chef's trolling when there was 10 minutes to go. It got such a great reaction from everyone.

I thought they were the most annoying contestant ever, way too cocky.

without a recipe

That curry looked amazing. I was only talking about jungle curry the other day.
    I think I'm going have to sample it before I try make my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Just caught up on this week before tomorrow's elimination.
    Reese
    having a blast of a week, delighted to see someone not in the usual suspects excel!

Lots of tears from everyone yesterday. Totes emosh. :o

I think everyone wants it now. The finish line is in sight.

Only 3 challenges a week now. Covid obviously hitting the schedule - on outside challenges, or crowd etc
    What shall we watch when its over!! Even the Block has been pushed out

The performance in the 1" cube was pretty impressive. Got the the 58th cube

• Advertisement

Yeah that was crazy. Only 2 cubes left.

Advertisement