Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Very well played to the two S(o)Bs who ran this show. You very generously included my cluster F*** of an attempt and even gave me a tied prize with KSU. Heady times indeed.

A few of us here are hoping to do a 5k and a 10k in June as a kind of informal/friends' race. CrazyFred, the fast Belgian, was inspired by the thread here and is rustling up a few Strava and work buddies as we speak.Whether we measure the distance or what, I don't know, although a hard reset of my FR620 seems to have sorted the crazy GPS problem somewhat.

Hopefully, all in Ireland will be able to run again in small groups soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Definitely agree with above. I like the idea of a team/relay type event (for whoever is considering taking up the mantle).

I love that idea! I really enjoyed the bantz in this thread and thought it really added to what was otherwise have been a plain old you against the clock event and adding your suggestion would up the ante again.
    Like following on from her Spotlight imagine a team of ReeReeG you SkyBlue46 and OONegative. A match made in sweaty heaven!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ByrneDCMbrian

skyblue46 wrote: »
    We could....but we won't :pac:

Ah no in fairness the ones we are missing either didn't do it or don't know we can't see their Strava because of their privacy settings.

So if jemsD, pansophelia, lulublue22, internet_user, sdevine89, ByrneDCMBrian, Kurt Godel or Snailsong could let us know if they did it by noon Sunday we will pop up the results after that.

Sorry lads I did it I'll sort my sets now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

skyblue46 wrote: »

A few have mentioned looking forward to the next TT and I'm sure that with the absence of racing the appetite is there. This is the A/R community and these few months are a chance to put some flesh on the bones of the word community. These TTs won't just happen by themselves. Each one will need someone (or 2) at the helm. Anyone with any ideas or willingness to give it a bash just step forward...it's not that difficult, pick a distance and a date and then keep an eye on the thread...easy peasy. Next volunteer please :D

How to kill a thread :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

skyblue46 wrote:
    How to kill a thread

It's like the old days in school when the teacher asked a question and you put your head down praying she wouldn't pick you. Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭healy1835

I suggest a 10 Mile TT on July 4th. This may or may not fit in with a certain posters training plans :) I'll volunteer to organise if there's enough interest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

healy1835 wrote: »
    I suggest a 10 Mile TT on July 4th. This may or may not fit in with a certain posters training plans :) I'll volunteer to organise if there's enough interest...

Do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I'll help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

I was gonna suggest an ekiden relay marathon but go with the 10 mile for now and can do that later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Well done everyone on your mile TT. Some brilliant times and performances posted up. Haven't really been on Boards much the past month or two. Raging I missed this one, I've never raced a mile before. Will try and keep an eye out for your next TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

I think the 5k and 1 mile were doable for most but I think 10 miles might be a bit much. People would be more inclined to sign up to a 4 or 5mile TT. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I think the 5k and 1 mile were doable for most but I think 10 miles might be a bit much. People would be more inclined to sign up to a 4 or 5mile TT. Just my opinion.

Plans are being hatched :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Before this thread wraps up I'd just like to say a belated thank you to the organisers and well done to all those who took part, particularly those who had never raced a mile before and hopefully enjoyed being taken outside their comfort zone. :D

Personally I find these TTs a real godsend to keep things going. I got really invested in the 5k one but this time, even though I have a soft spot for middle distance and had voted for the mile option in the poll, running motivation had been quite low during the previous fortnight and last week I seriously considered pulling the plug on the TT and just not bother. In the end, however, I couldn't let a race entry go to waste and went through with it. My time was disappointing but the enjoyment I got out of 'race day' seems to have re-ignited the flame and I'm hoping the running mojo will creep back in.

What's more, also as a direct result of the TT, I've decided to top up the base for the rest of June then get stuck into a middle-distance training block for the following 2 or 3 months and see how I get on. Something I've been wanting to do for a while and never seemed to find the right time for with all the other races on the calendar, but now there's plenty of time. Gulp ... no going back now that I've said it out loud. Fingers crossed I can stick with it. :)

Here's to the virtual community on here that makes these events what they are, and looking forward to the next one. Oh ... and donation made.

Advertisement