Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ok lookinf for some ideas, mate bought the Xiaomi robot vac gen 1. Same as mine. He dropped it and it is busted and he wants one to replace ASAP

He wants the same sort of features, maps out room. Any options apart from iRobot and Xiaomi? do the Eufy map the room?

Yes, some of the Eufy ones have mapping/navigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,690 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Bluefoam wrote: »

Which one has this the g10 hybrid version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I checked the website and none of it are listed

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I checked the website and none of it are listed

https://www.eufylife.com/uk/products/variant/robovac-g10-hybrid/T2150211

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Panrich

nialldinho wrote: »
    I can’t advise but just wanted to let you know that the Roborock S4 is currently €415 on amazon.de and there is currently a €40 voucher you can apply. Apparently it is as good as or better than the S5 max but just lacks the mop function.

I ordered this (S4) the other day. The mop seems a little bit gimmicky still so will probably wait for the next gen versions before buying one.

• Advertisement

Ordered the Eufy G10 Hybrid from Amazon and due for delivery next week

See how I get on with this as generally got good reviews. Ordered on Sunday but still not dispatched so hopefully I will get this order, not sure if it comes from China or sourced in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

S4 is down to 353 on Amazon.de
    I'd like to have a mop function, has anyone seen a decent price for the S5?

Also anyone with the S4 care to comment on it. I think I'll plump for it but not sure yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

I would go for S4 .
    It is new model , superior software features. As for the mop ,
    I own S5 and hardly ever used it for mopping.

alec76 wrote: »
    I would go for S4 .
    It is new model , superior software features. As for the mop ,
    I own S5 and hardly ever used it for mopping.
    I have wood flooring throughout my ground floor so whilst the mop is a bit gimmicky it might just help me out to keep it even cleaner than just a vac.

I guess its a question of get a really great vac for thr guts of 350 or a not so great combo vac

I can see the s5 max on euglobal for 370 euros.
    Shipping from a European warehouse so no customs. Option to pay by PayPal.

Anyone purchased from them

• Advertisement

seannash wrote: »

Also anyone with the S4 care to comment on it. I think I'll plump for it but not sure yet

I got the s4 a couple of weeks ago and it’s great. I got it to replace a eufy 11c and the difference is huge in efficiency.

It has not got stuck once yet and completes the whole downstairs 32m in about 30 minutes and that includes a few very tricky spots that always defeated Eufy.

Obviously it’s early days for reliability etc but I’ve no complaints so far.

Have the Eufy g10 hybrid

Have charger station in the middle of the kitchen. So when it starts it only cleans right part of the kitchen then return to the base. For it to clean all I seem to pick it up and place it wherever I want it to start so it cleans all the kitchen.

Otherwise i need to place charging unit at either end of the kitchen

Unless I'm missing something..

Panrich wrote: »
    I got the s4 a couple of weeks ago and it’s great. I got it to replace a eufy 11c and the difference is huge in efficiency.

It has not got stuck once yet and completes the whole downstairs 32m in about 30 minutes and that includes a few very tricky spots that always defeated Eufy.

Obviously it’s early days for reliability etc but I’ve no complaints so far.

Did you get it on amazon.de?
    Also did it come with the right plug?

Did you get it on amazon.de?
    Also did it come with the right plug?

Yes I got it on amazon.de

It came with a European plug but it is just a figure 8 power lead and I had one lying around so no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Have the Eufy g10 hybrid

Have charger station in the middle of the kitchen. So when it starts it only cleans right part of the kitchen then return to the base. For it to clean all I seem to pick it up and place it wherever I want it to start so it cleans all the kitchen.

Otherwise i need to place charging unit at either end of the kitchen

Unless I'm missing something..
    That's odd, we've a more basic eufy and don't have that issue at all. I would raise with support. It shouldn't go into the docking station unless it's looking for it specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

We had the Eufy 11s abd upgraded to the roborock s6 after unfortunately dropping an iron on the Eufy. The suction and features on the roborock are incomparable, would highly recommend spending a bit extra on it if you can as definitely value for money.

We had the Eufy 11s abd upgraded to the roborock s6 after unfortunately dropping an iron on the Eufy. The suction and features on the roborock are incomparable, would highly recommend spending a bit extra on it if you can as definitely value for money.

Not really comparable... you are comparing a budget Eufy against a high end Roborock... you could buy a Eufy 15C Max and still have a fist full of cash left over & the power would be at least equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

you could buy a Eufy 15C Max and still have a fist full of cash left over & the power would be at least equal.
    Or you could buy first generation Mi Robot Vacuum , still beat Eufy 15c Max in navigation and features for the same price. You can’t trust delivery from overseas though at the moment.

Alkers wrote: »
    That's odd, we've a more basic eufy and don't have that issue at all. I would raise with support. It shouldn't go into the docking station unless it's looking for it specifically

I did and they came back with the below

1.When our Robovac G10 starts to work, it will turn from the right side due to the design. Normally the Robovac is controlled by Gyro, so it will follow a Z-Zag cleaning pattern. If your room is very big, the Robovac may go to the base when the battery gets low, so could you please confirm your room size so we can check it for you?

2. As we said above, so it can clean the entire house, but it has a limit meter (15 meters) that can be used, so please also tell us the size of the house downstairs. Also, if your house is very big, our Robovac G10 can support the resume cleaning mode, so you can enable this mode via your phone app. When the battery reaches 80%, it will go to the same place to resume cleaning.

3. Compared to our previous Robovac models, the Robovac G10 comes with a gyroscope that can make your Robovac clean in a zigzag shape, so Robovac can cover more area in your house than our previous no-mapping Robovac, but the mapping produced by the gyroscope is not so accurate. To give our customers a better user experience, we hide the map in the mobile app.

alec76 wrote: »
    Or you could buy first generation Mi Robot Vacuum , still beat Eufy 15c Max in navigation and features for the same price. You can’t trust delivery from overseas though at the moment.

As far as I can see, the original Mi is €300, my Eufy 15c Max was €160. I can see no benefit (to me) in having navigation...

I do know people with kids who use advanced navigation routines to do certain rooms at different times, but that kind of feature set is only available in the most advanced and expensive models.

While you may like the navigation features, they don't actually benefit allot of users and should be recommended only where there is a specific need. Non navigation models also have the benefit of covering much of the space more than once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Recently got a Roomba 960 on Amazon.de for €380 new. Was going to take a gamble on the 600 series for €280 but after learning it has a randomised pattern and just crashes into everything along with the cheaper rollers getting full of hair I opted to get the 960. We have a cordless Dyson and the rollers require frequent cleaning due to hair so it isn't as convenient as we thought.

I hoovered the day before I got the Roomba and it still managed to pick up a ton of dust and dirt. The dust is never ending. It got stuck two or three times on things not cleared away but we have a fairly clutter free house so it can clean most of the floor without issue.

Now I want a robot mower...

DaveyDave wrote: »
    after learning it has a randomised pattern and just crashes into everything

Now that's either a disingenuous comment or lacking basic understanding.. I can understand you wanting to justify your purchase, but this kind of fake news is kinda Trumpian... Just coz you say it doesn't make it real...

DaveyDave wrote: »
    We have a cordless Dyson and the rollers require frequent cleaning due to hair so it isn't as convenient as we thought.

Just to say I also have one and they are beyond disappointing. How they ever hope to replace the plug in ones is beyond me. The thing is always getting clogged.
    I fell for the hype, wont be going back when it eventually breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Now that's either a disingenuous comment or lacking basic understanding.. I can understand you wanting to justify your purchase, but this kind of fake news is kinda Trumpian... Just coz you say it doesn't make it real...

I don't need to justify my purchase at all, the dust and dirt it picks up every day is justification enough. After using a cordless Dyson the bristle rollers on the 690 were a huge no no. Ok so it may not crash into everything but the 960 cleaning pattern is preferable to a random pattern that will go over the same spot several times, mine cleans daily so I set it to one pass. The 960 is also more powerful. It failed to pick up a few things so I wouldn't want something less powerful.

It's hardly 'fake news' that the 960 is better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any recommendations for an absolutely enormous house?

Not mine, but genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Just to say I also have one and they are beyond disappointing. How they ever hope to replace the plug in ones is beyond me. The thing is always getting clogged.
    I fell for the hype, wont be going back when it eventually breaks

We are looking at a Dyson V10 but reading your comment it might not be worth it . Which model did you havev?

We are looking at a Dyson V10 but reading your comment it might not be worth it . Which model did you havev?
    V10,
    It just clogs so easily and when it does it can be any number of issues (Clog in the head, the neck, the dust compartment or the filter needs cleaning) If you have a pet I'd avoid. It tends to blow debris in front of it too. I fond I have to go really slowly over some areas to make sure I allow for the scattering. Also the suction when the attachments with the soft brush on it are fairly useless.

I moved into a new house and it was one of the things I was excited about having in it. its been very underwhelming, so much so we thought it was broke until we consulted with friends and they confirmed theirs was the same.

s1ippy wrote: »
    Any recommendations for an absolutely enormous house?

Not mine, but genuine question.
    Doesnt really matter as most of the higher spec models have recharge and resume (If the battery is getting low it'll return to the base, charge up and then go back to where it left off)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

S4 is 333 on amazon.co.uk today. You’d get the proper plug that way

• Advertisement

nialldinho wrote: »
    S4 is 333 on amazon.co.uk today. You’d get the proper plug that way

Saw that, still cheaper on .de with the conversion. But a great deal whichever you choose

Advertisement