Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lars did say a new album could be done if the lockdown continues. Would be great to see a few other songs done like this, put together and released for charity or something, this is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mushy wrote: »
    Lars did say a new album could be done if the lockdown continues. Would be great to see a few other songs done like this, put together and released for charity or something, this is really good

Another garage style album of covers would be great too

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mushy wrote: »

klose wrote: »
    Another garage style album of covers would be great too

Going off the making of videos for Hardwired To Self Destruct. They could probably get the bare bones of an album done at home, and knock out a covers album as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Took a few listens but that cover of Blackened has really grown on me.

(Is it a cover if it's the same band "covering" their original?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Degag wrote: »

A "re-imagining" I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Same as. I really didn't like on first listen but couple of replays and I'm liking it.

Anyone want to give a Top 25 songs list a crack for ****s and giggles? Or a top 10 or top 40... whatever. No real need to give reasons unless you want to.

Not the easiest. I could quite easily sort them very differently on a different day depending on how i'm feeling!

25. Damage Inc
    24. Spit out the Bone
    23. St Anger
    22. Moth into Flame
    21. Dyers Eve
    20. The Memory Remains
    19. For Whom the Bell Tolls
    18. Of Wolf and Man
    17. Disposable Heroes
    16. Blackened
    15. Nothing Else Matters
    14. The Frayed Ends of Sanity
    13. Sad but True
    12. ...And Justice for All
    11. Enter Sandman
    10. Battery
    9. Creeping Death
    8. The Thing that Should not Be
    7. The Unforgiven
    6. Ride the Lightning
    5. Fight Fire with Fire
    4. Fade to Black
    3. Wherever I May Roam
    2. Master of Puppets
    1. One

.... And lets take it one step more. Create your perfect setlist. I've gone with the approach the my perfect setlist must be my top 18 songs (seeing as a Metallica concert is usually 18 songs long) God i'm bored!:o

Blackened
    Disposable Heroes
    Of Wolf and Man
    ...And Justice for All
    The Unforgiven
    Ride the Lightning
    The Thing that Should not Be
    Wherever I May Roam
    Sad but True

Battery
    Fade to Black
    The Frayed Ends of Sanity

One
    Nothing Else Matters
    Master of Puppets

Fight Fire with Fire
    Creeping Death
    Enter Sandman

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hard to believe Slane last year was the first Irish show in 9/10 years (Marley Park 2009 & Odyssey Arena Belfast 2010)

For us southerners seems one reason we missed out was we dont have the indoor arena which suites Metallicas setup. Of course the Odyssey in Belfast hosted them in 2010 but they skipped it in 2017/2018 during the indoor leg of the worldwide tour

We missed out on a few good tours
    2010/11- The Big 4 tour
    2012- Black Album Tour
    2014- By Request Tour
    possibly Metallica asking for too much with the promotors here not giving in

The Big 4 in Dublin would of been epic :(:(

I think it's pretty safe to say we will never see an indoor Metallica concert in this country again. Lets hope they only play outdoors from now on then.:D

Aviva Stadium next summer would be nice even if it'd be unlikely with the Euros on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i like it too, i also like Kirks view! he has a lake!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just watched the Salt Lake City show from 97 they put up last night,brings back some great memories from their show here a few months before,setlist is almost identical too . That gig has a special place in my heart,they were on fire that night. That era tends to get rubbished cause of the Load album,haircuts and make up but they were a band firmly grasping the arena environment and firing on all cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just watched the Salt Lake City show from 97 they put up last night,brings back some great memories from their show here a few months before,setlist is almost identical too . That gig has a special place in my heart,they were on fire that night. That era tends to get rubbished cause of the Load album,haircuts and make up but they were a band firmly grasping the arena environment and firing on all cylinders.

Load is a cracking album imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

They could jam. That blues vibe on Load meant they played looser. Now everything is synched to overhead animation. The only "spontaneity" is some Hello Cleveland bull****. "No nay never no more...."

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I was at that Load gig in the Point. Brilliant gig, but I remember the pyro was way too f**king loud. My ears were screwed after it. Got one of Jason's pics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Long shot, does anyone have a picture of the Metallica top rocker patch's from the 80's?
    Usually it was with puppets or ride. It was the logo in 3d affect.
    Tried ebay etc but seems impossible to find.
    It would go on the top of a denim cut above a back patch.
    Cheers, www.sligowhiplash.com

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Granadino wrote: »
    I was at that Load gig in the Point. Brilliant gig, but I remember the pyro was way too f**king loud. My ears were screwed after it. Got one of Jason's pics too.

was actually my first ever big gig, great show, a large chunk of it is on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

D.Q wrote: »

i recall during a period of meathead backlash in the 90's, lars saying "i think in maybe 10 years time people will look back think load is a great album"

by the if ever you see chris jericho licking metallica's arse tell him to go f** himself because he was king meathead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

D.Q wrote: »

Released 24 years ago today. Jeez I'm old.

i was doing me feckin leaving when it was released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Granadino wrote: »

Crazy gig. Was my 3rd Metallica gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What hit me watching that gig yesterday was Hetfield wearing the long sleeve ninja star t shirt that has 15 years on the back,dating from 96, they're 39 years now!! I feel ancient!

What hit me watching that gig yesterday was Hetfield wearing the long sleeve ninja star t shirt that has 15 years on the back,dating from 96, they're 39 years now!! I feel ancient!

Yeah 40 years next year, some achievement. Think they'll go 50 years at least but with an ever rescinding schedule. Likely to only ever be stadium gigs from now on i would say too.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I kind of wish James etc would go and do his alt country album with Pepper Keenan or Jerry Cantrell. It could turn out to be a disaster, but I think there's another "genre" hiding inside James that might come out when he gets too old to rock out...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Every time I think Hetfield and country, this pops into my head

• Registered Users Posts: 11,486 ✭✭✭✭klose

1 year since slane, what a day. Wonder will we see them again in Ireland? If not I'm gonna have to try go to a concert out foreign to see em.

klose wrote:
    1 year since slane, what a day. Wonder will we see them again in Ireland? If not I'm gonna have to try go to a concert out foreign to see em.

Ah they ll be back alright, we could just be waiting a while

Surely it won't be another 9/10 years before they come back..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Surely it won't be another 9/10 years before they come back..

Very possible they don't ever come back :P

• Advertisement

Very possible they don't ever come back :P

Could happen. Probably go abroad on the next album tour to see them. But I'm slightly getting ahead of myself with next album tour talk.

Advertisement