Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

greenspurs wrote: »
    Have you heard the ****e Newsted has produced since he left !????

JAYSUS !!! …..

No worse than any of Metallica's stuff :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Jayesdiem

Have you heard the ****e Newsted has produced since he left !????

JAYSUS !!! …..

Who gives a sh1t. He’s so stinking rich through Metallica he can just do it for the sake of the art.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jayesdiem wrote: »
    Who gives a sh1t. He’s so stinking rich through Metallica he can just do it for the sake of the art.

Out of all the members of Metallica since Cliff's death Jason would be the one IMO who would be less money orientated and more doing it for his total love of music.

That was one of the reasons he quit, the rest of the band had families, his family was music and when the band had their down time he wanted to carry on tourng/playing/recording with other musicians, which Papa Het was against.

An all round top guy and my fav ever member of the band.

Still think they made a HUGE error when, during the recording of the monster doc someone reached out and asked the band if they'd entertain the idea of Jason rejoining. That really was the smart move, if they had all moved on and realised how **** they had treated him then they should have given him a second chance, he sure as fcuk deserved it

scudzilla wrote: »
    Out of all the members of Metallica since Cliff's death Jason would be the one IMO who would be less money orientated and more doing it for his total love of music.

That was one of the reasons he quit, the rest of the band had families, his family was music and when the band had their down time he wanted to carry on tourng/playing/recording with other musicians, which Papa Het was against.

An all round top guy and my fav ever member of the band.

Still think they made a HUGE error when, during the recording of the monster doc someone reached out and asked the band if they'd entertain the idea of Jason rejoining. That really was the smart move, if they had all moved on and realised how **** they had treated him then they should have given him a second chance, he sure as fcuk deserved it

He’s my favourite too. His head banging, his vocals, so intense! I assume the possibility of him returning came up before Trujillo appears in the doc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

He’s my favourite too. His head banging, his vocals, so intense! I assume the possibility of him returning came up before Trujillo appears in the doc?

yeah, before the auditions even

One of Jason's people approached Metallica management to sound them out about him returning, they put it to the band and their response is in the doc, something along the lines of "But he chose to fcukin leave". Pretty bad form from them alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Well, the way some are speaking about him on here , youd think he was Mozart.

He was a bass playing backing singer, and the ****e he made after Metallica showed it.
    Trujillo in fairness, is no better.

"What do you call someone that hangs around with a band?

A bass player"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 10,253 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

:confused:

Hes a great head banger ….. ?????
    I think that was in the conditions of joining.

James - "Hey man, whats up , Can you bang?"
    Jason - "Fcuk yeh man"

James - "Okay newbie , show me" *presses play on tape recorder, Mechanix by Megadeth plays loudly...

Newsted bounces around the room , swinging his 'up&under' like a lunatic.....

*Song ends.

James - "You got it man, welcome to the metallica family"
    Jason - "Do you wanna see me play man? Wanna hear me sing?

James - "**** no man, that **** don't matter" *punches Jason in the face, and breaks his bass..... "Welcome to metallica"

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Threw on Load last night and listening to Reload now. Would not have the urge to throw on any other album. Think I'll make a playlist combining what I like on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Threw on Load last night and listening to Reload now. Would not have the urge to throw on any other album. Think I'll make a playlist combining what I like on both.

I’ve said on here before that there’s about a single album’s worth of decent material across Load/ReLoad. The rest is filler.

:confused:

Hes a great head banger ….. ?????
    I think that was in the conditions of joining.

James - "Hey man, whats up , Can you bang?"
    Jason - "Fcuk yeh man"

James - "Okay newbie , show me" *presses play on tape recorder, Mechanix by Megadeth plays loudly...

Newsted bounces around the room , swinging his 'up&under' like a lunatic.....

*Song ends.

James - "You got it man, welcome to the metallica family"
    Jason - "Do you wanna see me play man? Wanna hear me sing?

James - "**** no man, that **** don't matter" *punches Jason in the face, and breaks his bass..... "Welcome to metallica"

Bored today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭klose

I’ve said on here before that there’s about a single album’s worth of decent material across Load/ReLoad. The rest is filler.

Definitely a popular opinion I've seen across many forums online and in person and I'd be an advocate of it too.

Anyone wanna have a bit of fun and try make up a playlist of both say 12 songs in total?

klose wrote: »
    Definitely a popular opinion I've seen across many forums online and in person and I'd be an advocate of it too.

Anyone wanna have a bit of fun and try make up a playlist of both say 12 songs in total?

Should keep it to 80 minutes as opposed to songs though as that's what CDs were limited to back then (I think, maybe someone can confirm?)

Right, here's mine (although I might re-jig the order a bit). This comes in at 1 hour 19.

1 Fuel
    2 The Memory Remains
    3 Ain't My Bitch
    4 The Unforgiven II
    5 2 x 4
    6 The House That Jack Built
    7 Hero Of The Day
    8 Bleeding Me
    9 Wasting My Hate
    10 Thorn Within
    11Low Man's Lyric
    12 Carpe Diem Baby
    13 The Outlaw Torn

Fixxer is a good song too and I like Mama Said too but with THII and LML on there already, I didn't want 3 ballady type songs on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I did go and make my playlist. I think the songs I chose are a good indicator of why I like these albums more than some.

King Nothing
    The Memory Remains
    Hero Of The Day
    Carpe Diem Baby
    Bleeding Me
    Devils Dance
    Mama Said
    Where The Wild Things Are
    The Outlaw Torn

Comes in at just under the hour mark. No need to stretch it any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I remember the 96 gig in The Point. I preferred it to the Black Album gig in 92, but bloody hell, I remember the fireworks/pyro was LOUD.
    I thought the Load stuff came off very well live and I got one of Jason's pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Load and Reload. Why can't everything be just like it was in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I'm loving Newsted's song Heroic Dose. It's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

This is my Load/Reload spotify playlist I created years ago, I guess it's valid still today:

Fuel
    Devil's Dance
    King Nothing
    Hero of the Day
    Mama Said
    Fixxxer
    Wasting My Hate
    Bleeding Me
    The Unforgiven II
    Until It Sleeps
    Ain't My Bitch
    The Outlaw Torn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel
    Fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Shane being streamed on YouTube at I think midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

psychozeb wrote: »
    Slane being streamed on YouTube at I think midnight.

Yeah, it's midnight alright i think. Will deffo tune into the first few songs anyway for a bit of nostalgia. Great gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭klose

psychozeb wrote: »
    Shane being streamed on YouTube at I think midnight.

And will be available till the following monday for anyone who wont catch the initial stream of it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Wonder are they going to stream S&M2 too. I thought it was supposed to be released in February, but given what's going on, I wonder if it's been delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

feylya wrote: »
    Wonder are they going to stream S&M2 too. I thought it was supposed to be released in February, but given what's going on, I wonder if it's been delayed.

I remember seeing before in an instagram post or comment by themselves that it was postponed to Spring/Summer or something like that, as vague as could be really

Delay probably down to James being in rehab and wanting to be a part of the finished product

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I remember seeing before in an instagram post or comment by themselves that it was postponed to Spring/Summer or something like that, as vague as could be really

Delay probably down to James being in rehab and wanting to be a part of the finished product

Yeah, maybe so. Wishful thinking here anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Some gig in fairness!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That version of The Wild Rover actually happened :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That version of The Wild Rover actually happened :o

Jesus its horrendous but awesome

Great day even if we got soaked at the start of Ghosts set. SLF was a bit of a disaster and the fatigue of the day we really caught up when they played

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Thought ghost were the better band on the day didn't really enjoy metallica at all, got the last of the big 4 ticked off though so cant complain too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Thought ghost were the better band on the day didn't really enjoy metallica at all, got the last of the big 4 ticked off though so cant complain too much.

Get the boat.

Advertisement