Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take the money or report the crime!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Money please.

Odds are the courts only going to give them a suspended sentence anyway.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

MOR316 wrote: »
    Jackson? Apart from his odd behaviour and addiction to painkilling drugs, there's literally not one shread of evidence he done anything, pure speculation. Until I see anything credible against him, I'll reserve any judgement in relation to him on that matter.

The rest = Wouldn't even wipe my arse with them*

*Nice to see someone call that odious creature by his real name and not his stage name!

He did have a fairground in his back garden.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Please, stop believing in the bull being fed to you. I don’t believe a single word from any source claiming he did a single thing wrong to any child. Yet another box ticked in the list of outlandish views you have.

It’s actually disgraceful the way MJ is treated by the plebs believing what is said about him.

Nonsense. He slept with small boys and paid them off. Common knowledge.

John_Rambo wrote: »

It’s common knowledge that it’s bull and lies to tarnish his name and/or extract money from him by sh1tty individuals.

Also define slept with? Innocent sleepovers are not a crime, unusual but you have to look at MJ as a child in a mans body. If you mean had sexual relations then you are talking out your arse like many on the subject.

Skateboarding is a kids activity, you partake in it don’t you.....??

It’s common knowledge that it’s bull and lies to tarnish his name and/or extract money from him by sh1tty individuals.

Victims.
    Also define slept with? Innocent sleepovers are not a crime, unusual but you have to look at MJ as a child in a mans body. If you mean had sexual relations then you are talking out your arse like many on the subject.

If the man was still alive would you let your children sleep with him?

Nonsense! Who told you that? Skateboarding was developed by surfers for when the waves were flat, it's developed in to a mainstream sport now and is a good, healthy form of commuting along with scooting (which would be considered for children only by the clueless).

Plus, as an adult, skateboarding is much more acceptable than sleeping with children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭MOR316

Michael Jackson is a perfect example of what the OP is about. Payouts of £130 million plus to children he slept with.

When he was first accused in 1993, the father tried to get 20 million off him, Jackson told him to piss off.
    Then he asked for 1 million, he told him to piss off.
    500,000...Same answer.

He ended up settling the civil case for 18 million because, despite appealing twice, the civil case was before the criminal one.
    The criminal case still went ahead but, two grand juries didn't prosecute because they found absolutely no evidence of any wrong doing.

So yeah, I'd suggest toning down your lies.

He didn't pay them off.
    One civil case was settled. No one was paid off.

Common knowledge? From who exactly?

20Wheel wrote: »
    He did have a fairground in his back garden.

The fairground that Make a Wish foundation kids visited every single day?

What a horrible man!

By your logic so, I best keep away from Funderland

A sad story from abused to abuser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Take the money. Report it and drag it through the court. If you are asked about the money just say you don't recall receiving money.

• Advertisement

A sad story from abused to abuser.

Baaa Baaa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Don't even need to think about it, definitely take the money

Take the money. Report it and drag it through the court. If you are asked about the money just say you don't recall receiving money.

Jesus Christ...

No wonder the world is ****ed

Jesus Christ...

No wonder the world is ****ed

Agreed. That's exactly how Michael Jackson never went to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭victor8600

....So, would you take the money or report the crime?

Report. May settle for a compo in court.

For those who would take the money: If we are talking about serious money, how would you use the money without the Revenue noticing? Hide them and spend €50 a week so that nobody knows? Move to Colombia? Good luck with that.

Agreed. That's exactly how Michael Jackson never went to jail.

Game of trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Plus 100. I don’t believe a word of any of the bull sprouted about MJ. He has his problems due to his childhood but I don’t believe he did a thing wrong in relation to kids etc. Sick of reading people jumping on the bandwagon against him.

An absolute music legend.
    I understand people saying there's no evidence so it can't be said for certain that he abused boys, but how deluded and pigheaded does a person have to be to claim confidently that he definitely didn't, when he had sleepovers with young boys and when he was fixated with young boys, then lost interest as they got older, and moved on to the next young boys.

Just because of liking his music.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I understand people saying there's no evidence so it can't be said for certain that he abused boys, but how deluded and pigheaded does a person have to be to claim confidently that he definitely didn't, when he had sleepovers with young boys and when he was fixated with young boys, then lost interest as they got older, and moved on to the next young boys.

Quite a lot of girls have come forward and said they had sleepovers with him. They say nothing ever happened. But, that doesn't sell so the media wouldn't report it

The losing interest as he got older is a strange one...

There's pictures of him working with one of the accusers as an adult.
    One of the accusers, he allowed to record in Neverland, shoot a video in Neverland, have romantic getaways with his finance in Neverland, all as an adult. He even got him a job working with JT and Britney Spears but, the fool messed that up by having an affair with Britney and JT ended up writing Cry Me A River over it

Just so happens the two mentioned in the above paragraph are the two accusers in LN :rolleyes:

From people who knew him as kids, that still hung out with him as adults, is a long list so, I'm not really sure where this rubbish of "he lost interest in them" comes from to be honest with you

I also think it's a load of rubbish to just dismiss people who defend him by him saying, "all because you like the music"
    It's a highly ignorant retort, based on what the media tells you, because you're not arsed actually reading up on it.
    I like one of his albums, never had any interest in seeing him live, as I thought his tours were crap, I thought he was guilty but, changed my mind when reading all the available info.

So, with all that in mind, tell me how I'm defending him because I "like his music?"

Or, we can ignore that a company belonging to the accuser's went into debt for 24 million and decided to sue Jackson's estate for the exact figure, 2 days later, as he magically remembered he had sex with Jackson and that it was wrong, when he is approaching his 40s

Or, we can ignore that the other accuser begged the estate for a job, working on the MJ tribute show in LV, but decided to cry wolf when he was told no, and the fact a judge already told him, "no trier of fact could ever believe your story"

We can ignore the fact he gave 500 million quid of his own money to various charities, helped save children's lives by sending people around the world to look for matching organ doners, had Make A Wish kids visit NL every day of the year, threatened promoters with cancelling concerts unless they got proper facilities for patients in Children's hospitals, sent kids and adults in Kosovo and Sarajavo supplies when all that horror was going on

We can ignore all that and just blindly go with the current media narrative that MJ bad, fans are bad bull****
    LN has over 70 provable lies in it, to the point they even lied about a building that wasn't even built during the timeline of "abuse"
    They edited audio and clips, just to make it look incriminating. All the original clips are up on YT and online
    I find it absolutely laughable people lap it up as "the truth" and for what?
    The director made homophobic and racist remarks about him on Twitter...People laughed at it and yet, we're supposed to be moving away from all that crap?

As I said, no wonder the world is ****ed

Crikey I didn't even quote you.

Crikey I didn't even quote you.

I'm on lunch and I can't afford the Christmas party tonight so, venting my energy on here :D

• Advertisement

I'd pass my Christmas party invite to you if I could. :)

No I was only aiming my post at Nox, and I agree people can't be saying he definitely did it. But I believe equally there are no grounds for saying he definitely DIDN'T do it either. His behaviour was downright weird and skirting inappropriate. And while this doesn't mean he abused children for certain, there are grounds to believe he might have

Also, abuse survivors repress these things or have distorted memories or even feel guilty. So coming forward is not straightforward for them, and it makes sense that they'd lie in denial.

I'd pass my Christmas party invite to you if I could. :)

No I was only aiming my post at Nox, and I agree people can't be saying he definitely did it. But I believe equally there are no grounds for saying he definitely DIDN'T do it either. His behaviour was downright weird and skirting inappropriate. And while this doesn't mean he abused children for certain, there are grounds to believe he might have

Also, abuse survivors repress these things or have distorted memories or even feel guilty. So coming forward is not straightforward for them, and it makes sense that they'd lie in denial.

The last line, I don't buy it in regards the two accusers in LN

They testified on his behalf, twice in one of thier cases. One of them asked directly in court, repeatedly if anything even slightly sexual occured, he shot it down and said no, explaining he knows it's wrong and terrible but, Jackson never done anything to him. All this under oath. Footage of him on talk shows singing his praises etc

His own depositon from 2017, contradicts everything he and his mother said in LN. It's actually disgusting.

Nah, not for a second I'm buying it. Not from those two. A clear cash grab in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I can’t believe anyone stills comes out with this dreck. What’s this totally unique condition - MJ Syndrome? Oh noes, why him?

Edit: and it most certainty isn’t “common knowledge”. Many people believe the allegations. And, well, people are free to think what they like.

The weirdest thing is people speaking like them know him. Stuff like “Michael would never do that.” And he has literally admitted to sharing beds with unrelated children. That’s confirmed and it’s wildly inappropriate. Who would seek to defend that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I'd take the money and use that money to enact my own revenge upon the person responsible, there is no justice or law and order in Ireland, the Gardai and Judiciary are corrupt.

If someone murdered my loved-one or did some extreme form of crime (like Rape or Pedophilia) to them then I would have absolutely no problem or hesitation to kill who was responsible for that firstly because that is natural and proper justice and secondary because when there is no law I have nothing to fear. I might get a 10 year sentence and be out after 6-7 years of good behaviour a small price to pay for to end the life of the perpetrator when the state won't deliver justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

theguzman wrote: »
    I'd take the money and use that money to enact my own revenge upon the person responsible, there is no justice or law and order in Ireland, the Gardai and Judiciary are corrupt.

If someone murdered my loved-one or did some extreme form of crime (like Rape or Pedophilia) to them then I would have absolutely no problem or hesitation to kill who was responsible for that firstly because that is natural and proper justice and secondary because when there is no law I have nothing to fear. I might get a 10 year sentence and be out after 6-7 years of good behaviour a small price to pay for to end the life of the perpetrator when the state won't deliver justice.

maxresdefault.jpg

The weirdest thing is people speaking like them know him. Stuff like “Michael would never do that.” And he has literally admitted to sharing beds with unrelated children. That’s confirmed and it’s wildly inappropriate. Who would seek to defend that?

Last thing I'm saying on this.

You're right, it was very inappropriate. By his own words, that stopped in 1993 and didn't happen again after that. Regardless, still inappropriate and something he was rightfully pushed on, no matter how innocent either party said it was.

If people wish to defend it by saying nothing sexual happened, of course that's fine. But, you cannot defend the actions of putting themselves in that position. No matter how innocent, it raises questions and is inapproprioate. He probably thought it was fine as it was how he grew up, as pictures show but, not the way society thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

You're right, it was very inappropriate. By his own words, that stopped in 1993 and didn't happen again after that. Regardless, still inappropriate and something he was rightfully pushed on, no matter how innocent either party said it was.

If people wish to defend it by saying nothing sexual happened, of course that's fine. But, you cannot defend the actions of putting themselves in that position. No matter how innocent, it raises questions and is inapproprioate. He probably thought it was fine as it was how he grew up, as pictures show but, not the way society thinks

You were either implying he abused the kid sexually or communicated poorly.
    I don't think they slept in the same bed btw, the same room based on what macauley Culkin said and it was huge with 2 floors. They were on different floors.

It was hugely inappropriate. And I believe the LN guys. I had no strong feelings about the documentary. I just heard about the day it aired and only watched it because my husband wanted to. The clincher for me was them both describing something that happened to them. It took them both to finish their account of the thing they were talking about to make me realise that they were describing the same thing. The very same thing. But in different wording. There was a convincing and compelling granularity to their accounts. The fact that they weren’t in histrionics convinced me too (histrionics would read more fake to me).

You said the documentary made you angry. Well, to upset you further, there are over 22,000 votes on IMDb for LN and it holds a rating of 7.0 out of 10. That’s a considerable sample size. If you look at the breakdown of votes, predictably there are a lot of 1/10 and 10/10 votes. It wouldn’t surprise me if many of these opposite end votes were disregarded. If you remove the 10/10 and 1/10 ratings, the 7.0 rating holds.

This documentary has been well-received based off that. Maybe we’re all stupid or maybe, just maybe, they tell a compelling account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Show me the money.

Advertisement