Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Icke, is he for real or trolling people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 TheSpooner

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Uuuhh..

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/David_Icke

He also claimed he was the son of god, that the country would be destroyed by tidal waves and earthquakes, reality is a hologram, he's literally every lunatic conspiracy theorist rolled into one (that or he's a genius and making serious bank off other mentally ill people who buy into his stuff)

I think the scientific term is "fruitcake"

Maybe, but then I think you are assuming that he buys this stuff. Take a look at Alex Jones, he doesn't buy a word he comes out with. When he identified himself in court, it was as an entertainer.

Claims aside, there is no evidence to backup the claim of mental illness. If you know anything of schizophrenia, or psychosis, that can be ruled out instantly. A few minutes of watching him give a presentation sorts that one out.

If you still believe he is mentally ill, can you tell us the specific illness?

Actually having a high intellect and being mentally disturbed is not mutually exclusive.

Ted Kazcinskyi went to Harvard at 16, had a genius IQ, and still went on to become a mass murderer.

I think you need to pin it down to an actual diagnosis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

TheSpooner wrote: »
    Maybe, but then I think you are assuming that he buys this stuff. Take a look at Alex Jones, he doesn't buy a word he comes out with. When he identified himself in court, it was as an entertainer.

He stood by it in his depositio, whether he was trying to dilute it is hard to tell

He's either an excellent actor, or he has just followed on from his rage and anger issues that were around since he was a child

It seems to be a mixture of both. Like many conspiracy theorists he seems to know it's all bull****, but he's just making a ton of money from it
    If you still believe he is mentally ill, can you tell us the specific illness?

Nope, when someone genuinely believes they are e.g. the son of god, it doesn't mean they are incapacitated mentally or suffer a specific condition e.g. schizophrenia, it just means they have some sort of mental delusion or extreme susceptibility to suggestion

I've met very intelligent articulate people who have no discernible "mental illness", but have been described as mentally ill (without definition) by psychologists and psychiatrists.

I've met very intelligent articulate people who have no discernible "mental illness", but have been described as mentally ill (without definition) by psychologists and psychiatrists.

It doesn't work like that. Mental illness is not some loose classification that can just be thrown about. There are highly specific illnesses and very specific diagnostic criteria. Ultimately, its a form of brain injury, temporary or otherwise and the sources of that injury are varied. Everything from genetics, to poisoning.

For example, while Schizophrenia is widely known, it is also a very rare disease. It effects about 20 million people world wide, or about 0.2% of the global population.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/mental-disorders

There are about twice as many living with HIV. So, to put that in perspective, you are twice as likely to meet someone with HIV as to meet someone with Schizophrenia.

In the context of Ireland, with about 5 million people, you would expect about 700 people to have Schizophrenia.

It doesn't work like that. Mental illness is not some loose classification that can just be thrown about.

Actually it is. Psychologists and primarily psychiatrists can diagnose someone as mentally ill without specifying a known condition. I have direct experience of this, I know several people who are receiving disability because of unspecified mental conditions and illnesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

It doesn't work like that. Mental illness is not some loose classification that can just be thrown about. .

Hi, you are again dodging some points I made.
    It's very hypocritical for you to say then when you have yet to substantiate your claims about AI controlled microwave weapons.

Could you be more specific?
    What microwave weapon was used on Icke? When? Whose?

Actually it is. Psychologists and primarily psychiatrists can diagnose someone as mentally ill without specifying a known condition. I have direct experience of this, I know several people who are receiving disability because of unspecified mental conditions and illnesses.

You're not privy to their medical notes. They will have a defined diagnosis. There is a legal meaning to 'mental illness' in Ireland:

"“... a state of mind of a person which affects the person’s thinking, perceiving, emotion or judgement and which seriously impairs the mental function of the person to the extent that he or she requires care or medical treatment in his or her own interest or in the interest of other persons.”"

The typical guidance makes references to ICD-10 and DSM-IV-TR.

King Mob wrote: »
    What microwave weapon was used on Icke? When? Whose?

I can only go by what the guy said. Sometime around 1990 he describes a range of events which are consistent with the claimed capabilities of microwave weapons. So accurate is this description, its unlikely to be anything else.

As for who, that's a short list and its a bit like a whodunnit...they all have motives.

I can only go by what the guy said.
    But why can't he be specific?
    Why is it that "mental illness" is not specific enough for you?
    That's a bit self contradictory there.
    Sometime around 1990 he describes a range of events which are consistent with the claimed capabilities of microwave weapons. So accurate is this description, its unlikely to be anything else.
    You keep claiming this, yet you have not shown that these are the capabilities or microwave weapons. (Nevermind the existence of said weapons.)

Icke's claims and actions are also consistent with people having mental illness.
    We know that mental illnesses exist.

So why should we discount that explanation?
    As for who, that's a short list and its a bit like a whodunnit...they all have motives.
    Motives such as...?

• Advertisement

But why can't he be specific?

I don't think he knows. If he did, then obviously he has a gun to his head.

Why is it that "mental illness" is not specific enough for you?

I'm well aware of what mental illness is, he demonstrates none of the other symptoms.

You keep claiming this, yet you have not shown that these are the capabilities or microwave weapons. (Nevermind the existence of said weapons.)

Once you get over your reading disability (whatever that's about), I'm sure you will find all you need at those links I shared in the other thread.

Icke's claims and actions are also consistent with people having mental illness.
    We know that mental illnesses exist.

True, but we also know that he demonstrates no symptoms associated with any known mental illness.

So why should we discount that explanation?

Its the more absurd of the two if you know what you are talking about.

Motives such as...?

Political power, economics, operational testing, geo-political power plays, foreign control, etc.

I don't think he knows. If he did, then obviously he has a gun to his head.
    What do you mean by "Gun to his head"? Why is it obvious?

Can we disregard his claims as they are not specific?
    Once you get over your reading disability (whatever that's about), I'm sure you will find all you need at those links I shared in the other thread.
    You really haven't at all.
    You made the claim them posted a random blog. You have not provided anything like scientific papers that show that the weapons even exist, nevermind their effects.

Again, not sure why you are resorting to insults.
    I'm well aware of what mental illness is, he demonstrates none of the other symptoms.

True, but we also know that he demonstrates no symptoms associated with any known mental illness.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions
    Grandiose delusions (GD), delusions of grandeur, expansive delusions[1] are a subtype of delusion that occur in patients suffering from a wide range of psychiatric diseases, including two-thirds of patients in manic state of bipolar disorder, half of those with schizophrenia, patients with the grandiose subtype of delusional disorder, and a substantial portion of those with substance abuse disorders.[2][3] GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic and typically have a religious, science fictional, or supernatural theme.
    David Icke has claimed that he is the son of God and later that he is "the Godhead".
    He currently claims that he is leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens from the centre of the Earth.
    Other common grandiose delusions in schizophrenia include religious delusions such as the belief that one is Jesus Christ.[10]

Political power, economics, operational testing, geo-political power plays, foreign control, etc.
    Ok. And how does making some random ex-football player act weird aid these goals?
    We know that it can't be "operational testing" as you failed to explain how that would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Boredstiff666

[PHP][/PHP]
    Okay, got any literature on specific microwave weapons that cause people to start believing in conspiracy theories?

There's a bit of a leap going on there that isn't being explained

That question is hilarious.

From my memory microwave weapons long ago were designer to kill or disable you. I remember one kind by the USA and Russia was a heat weapon so you can imagine the results.

As regards what weapons the superpowers have developed which may be 'secret'. I imagine they may be just that 'secret'.

Who knows what those people in DARPA and the equivalent elsewhere get up to. It would be really naive to think that they only play with things made of metal and that go bang.

A few years back you wouldn't have believed a missile that has a few blades on the front would penetrate steel and turn people into mincemeat.......but they have and used it a few times.

I remember a method of brainwashing people using the the tele which was played with over 40 years ago and banned because advertisers wanted to use it.

So who knows what they have developed? But it's best not to have a closed mind.

There's a difference between having an open mind and just believing everything you read on the internet.
    There is no more reason to believe that the government have developed mind control rays as there is to believe they have developed teleportation devices.

There's a difference between having an open mind and just believing everything you read on the internet.
    There is no more reason to believe that the government have developed mind control rays as there is to believe they have developed teleportation devices.

I just told you of a method of brainwashing people using the tele which is over 40 years old. That idea is as far fetched as any other. But its true.

I agree you do not believe everything you read or hear about anywhere, but some things are true in part or totally.

I just told you of a method of brainwashing people using the tele which is over 40 years old. That idea is as far fetched as any other. But its true.
    But it's not true though.
    Where does this idea come from?
    I agree you do not believe everything you read or hear about anywhere, but some things are true in part or totally.
    So David Icke's theory that the governments are controlled by shapeshifting lizard people?
    Partly true?

• Advertisement

But it's not true though.
    Where does this idea come from?

Not sure about digital tv's but the old tv's used to pulse or flash so many times per second. not sure how many but lets say for arguments sake it is 50 times per second.

You can't see that. But you do, but you do not know you do. So what they did was insert one or more flash's as a different image.

So you are watching Eastenders and they keep flashing an image in those 50 flash's of Freddie Mercury or Boards.ie. You never knowingly see these images but they register in your brain. Then afterwards the viewer would always associate those two items with Eastenders.

It is not allowed as advertisers wanted to use it.

Also just think of how sinister this method can be used for. Voting for example?

So David Icke's theory that the governments are controlled by shapeshifting lizard people?
    Partly true?

It is true that the same families or dynasties have been controlling things for hundreds of years. That in itself is very strange.

Also as I said earlier........go back hundreds and thousands of years and there are statues and drawings of human type people with reptile heads.

What that is all about I have no idea but there must be something in it but if the likes of world leaders suddenly turned into lizards on our tv sets tomorrow morning I wouldn't be surprised. If they ever told the truth.....then I would.

[PHP][/PHP]

That question is hilarious.

From my memory microwave weapons long ago were designer to kill or disable you. I remember one kind by the USA and Russia was a heat weapon so you can imagine the results.

As regards what weapons the superpowers have developed which may be 'secret'. I imagine they may be just that 'secret'.

Who knows what those people in DARPA and the equivalent elsewhere get up to. It would be really naive to think that they only play with things made of metal and that go bang.

A few years back you wouldn't have believed a missile that has a few blades on the front would penetrate steel and turn people into mincemeat.......but they have and used it a few times.

I remember a method of brainwashing people using the the tele which was played with over 40 years ago and banned because advertisers wanted to use it.

Indeed, I can imagine or make up a whole bunch of stuff, use a bunch of appeal to motive fallacies. It doesn't mean anything. Without direct evidence in each case, it's just a flight of fancy.

Indeed, I can imagine or make up a whole bunch of stuff, use a bunch of appeal to motive fallacies. It doesn't mean anything. Without direct evidence in each case, it's just a flight of fancy.

We live in a 'non entity banana republic on the arsend of Europe'. Our people arent allowed to design, manufacture, store, trade etc dangerous pointy things that might harm people.

Our weapons are for defence only and in modern times our armed forces would last no more than 30 seconds without even going nuclear against us.

We know nowt regards what others secretly design. In other words we are far removed from reality when it comes to designing nasty pointy things that we arent allowed to play with.

But we have so many experts on the matter.

It's best to have an open mind than suffer from John Sedgwick syndrome.

• Advertisement

We know nowt regards what others secretly design.

Filling that perceived void with your own subjective inventions might be fun, but as mentioned doesn't mean anything

If someone is going to make the claim that David Icke was "mind controlled" by "secret microwave technology" in order to turn him into a conspiracy nut in order to discredit the Green party (jesus christ), they'll need some evidence for it

It's best to have an open mind than suffer from John Sedgwick syndrome.

In the world of conspiracy theories, "have an open mind" is a euphemism for "switch off your logic and entertain complete fantasy-stuff that has no credible basis or evidence"

Nobody can argue with what you say. Equally you have no idea what I may know or vise versa regards you. So we are equal only in the knowledge that we know sweet fanny adam about armaments which go bang or otherwise.

But I wouldn't dismiss them just because I have never seen evidence of them.

In the world of conspiracy theories, "have an open mind" is a euphemism for "switch off your logic and entertain complete fantasy-stuff that has no credible basis or evidence"

So everything is a conspiracy until when? At what point does what you perceive to be a fairy tale become reality?

I have no idea what David Icke knows. If he was going to make fantasy things up then perhaps he may want to make things up which could easily believed to be true and gain more credence, than make an unbelievable story up?

I would have thought that to be the most obvious thing to make up.

But I wouldn't dismiss them just because I have never seen evidence of them.

Well you are absolutely entitled to your own opinions, no issues with that. However I do like to quote Hitchens whenever I see the above (which is frequent on this forum)

what-can-be-asserted-without-evidence-can-be-dismissed-without-evidence-175770.jpg

Hey that's ok you quote who you want.

But I will quote another alleged conspiracy man....Alex Jones. You take a look at what he used to bang on about regards members of a certain family (non of it believed at the time). Then look towards recent news or the obituary column.

Hey that's ok you quote who you want.

But I will quote another alleged conspiracy man....Alex Jones.

Alex Jones is a manipulative lying piece of ****, a woo merchant, who makes up claims that relatives of slain children are actors, indirectly destroys their lives, doxxes them, then immediately admits it was all bull**** when confronted. He currently has multiple lawsuits against him.

Alex Jones is a manipulative lying piece of ****, a woo merchant, who makes up claims that relatives of slain children are actors, indirectly destroys their lives, doxxes them, then immediately admits it was all bull**** when confronted. He currently has multiple lawsuits against him.
    So...........does that mean he was wrong about everything he ever said?

What do you mean by "Gun to his head"? Why is it obvious?

A microwave interface is not just an interface. It can also burn, cut and interfere with important electrical signalling (i.e. the heart). So, if you have one of these interfaces applied and it is capable of tracking you where ever you go, then you have, at all times, a gun to your head.

More importantly, by extension, so does your entire family, friends and community.

Can we disregard his claims as they are not specific?

The claims may not be specific, but they are hard to place in any other context. Given that he knew nothing of the tech when he made them, I wonder how, other than direct experience, he was able to describe the sensations with such accuracy?

You really haven't at all.
    You made the claim them posted a random blog. You have not provided anything like scientific papers that show that the weapons even exist, nevermind their effects.

Again, not sure why you are resorting to insults.

Flogging a dead horse here. Get over your reading disability.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

David Icke has claimed that he is the son of God and later that he is "the Godhead".
    He currently claims that he is leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens from the centre of the Earth.

Cultural belief systems are typically excluded from mental illness diagnosis. For someone to say they are "the son of god" is perfectly acceptable in some scenarios. I think your response here is coloured by a Christian notion of a God and Jesus-like characters. I think this is a more new-age thing, where everything is energy and a person is a subset of that energy. You get this 'Godhead' and 'a son of god' relationship.

This is not grandiose. Eccentric, perhaps, but not necessarily grandiose.

As for 'leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens' technically, he is. Whether those same aliens are a clever marketing ploy is quite another thing.

Ok. And how does making some random ex-football player act weird aid these goals?
    We know that it can't be "operational testing" as you failed to explain how that would make sense.

No, you have just failed to agree that it could make sense. Quite different.

Not sure about digital tv's but the old tv's used to pulse or flash so many times per second. not sure how many but lets say for arguments sake it is 50 times per second.

You can't see that. But you do, but you do not know you do. So what they did was insert one or more flash's as a different image.

So you are watching Eastenders and they keep flashing an image in those 50 flash's of Freddie Mercury or Boards.ie. You never knowingly see these images but they register in your brain. Then afterwards the viewer would always associate those two items with Eastenders.

It is not allowed as advertisers wanted to use it.

Also just think of how sinister this method can be used for. Voting for example?
    But again, none of that is true.
    Where are you getting that idea?

• Advertisement

It is true that the same families or dynasties have been controlling things for hundreds of years. That in itself is very strange.

Also as I said earlier........go back hundreds and thousands of years and there are statues and drawings of human type people with reptile heads.

What that is all about I have no idea but there must be something in it but if the likes of world leaders suddenly turned into lizards on our tv sets tomorrow morning I wouldn't be surprised. If they ever told the truth.....then I would.

But there's no such thing as lizard people.
    If you believe that the idea of lizard people is plausible, then you are simply being ridiculous.

A microwave interface is not just an interface. It can also burn, cut and interfere with important electrical signalling (i.e. the heart). So, if you have one of these interfaces applied and it is capable of tracking you where ever you go, then you have, at all times, a gun to your head.

More importantly, by extension, so does your entire family, friends and community.
    Agin, you are making claims that aren't substantiated at all and don't make any sense.
    If they had access to such weapons, why have they not used them on the person exposing them?
    The claims may not be specific, but they are hard to place in any other context. Given that he knew nothing of the tech when he made them, I wonder how, other than direct experience, he was able to describe the sensations with such accuracy?
    But again, you have not established that these mircowave weapons exist or have the effects you claim.
    Flogging a dead horse here. Get over your reading disability.
    Again, you have not provided the scientific studies you claimed to have. No such studies exist.
    If this isn't the case, post them.
    Cultural belief systems are typically excluded from mental illness diagnosis. For someone to say they are "the son of god" is perfectly acceptable in some scenarios. I think your response here is coloured by a Christian notion of a God and Jesus-like characters. I think this is a more new-age thing, where everything is energy and a person is a subset of that energy. You get this 'Godhead' and 'a son of god' relationship.

This is not grandiose. Eccentric, perhaps, but not necessarily grandiose.

As for 'leading the fight against evil shapeshifting reptilian aliens' technically, he is. Whether those same aliens are a clever marketing ploy is quite another thing.
    That's very waffly and goal post moving.
    You claimed that he didn't exhibit any evidence of mental illness.
    However when presented said evidence you are now delcaring all mental health diagnoses invalid. (Based on no authority btw.)
    No, you have just failed to agree that it could make sense. Quite different.
    Well no, I asked you to explain and your response was "who know why they do anything."
    You have not provided anything that makes sense.
    I think this is because you have not thought critically about your conspiracy theory and have not though through such holes in the plot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I don't know about the whole reptilian race thing, but the knowledge he has om 9/11 is impressive, most of which can be backed up with facts. I just watched the podcast he did with True Geordie. Very interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Agin, you are making claims that aren't substantiated at all and don't make any sense.
    If they had access to such weapons, why have they not used them on the person exposing them?

the U.S. government though has microwave guns that don't control minds or kill but disperse crowds. I've had experience with microwave energy and I can assure you it's very painful on the skin.

the U.S. government though has microwave guns that don't control minds or kill but disperse crowds. I've had experience with microwave energy and I can assure you it's very painful on the skin.

The claim here however is that They have a space based microwave energy weapon that is controlled by and/or connects to a seecret AI. And that such a weapon is able to control people, give them delusions, make them turn into a conspiracy theorist but also erase minds and kill people.

These things are a bit different.

I think you have jumped to the conclusion that exposure is the primary concern. Is it not belief in that exposure?

If so, then your objective is not prevent exposure, but rather merely limit belief that exposure is real.

But again, you have not established that these mircowave weapons exist or have the effects you claim.

Again, you have not provided the scientific studies you claimed to have. No such studies exist.
    If this isn't the case, post them.

I don't think you will find them in army surplus. But, there are plenty of scientific papers detailing imaging, reading and writing techniques suitable for a BCI. What DeepThought brought to the table was the technological packaging to perform that from satellite.

Read his work. Overcome your disability.

That's very waffly and goal post moving.
    You claimed that he didn't exhibit any evidence of mental illness.
    However when presented said evidence you are now delcaring all mental health diagnoses invalid. (Based on no authority btw.)

Before jumping to the conclusion of mental illness, you need to rule out everything else. It is a diagnosis of last resort and, ultimately, clinically provable.

You didn't provide evidence, you just think you did. Here is a paper on Faith and how it is treated in the context of mental health:

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/docs/default-source/members/sigs/spirituality-spsig/is-faith-delusion-andrew-sims-editedx.pdf

As for his other claims, we don't know the basis of the reasoning. Without that, we are unable to make any conclusion in regards to his mental health.

Your problem is you have heard some of the basics about mental illness, but have no in-depth knowledge or training.

Well no, I asked you to explain and your response was "who know why they do anything."
    You have not provided anything that makes sense.
    I think this is because you have not thought critically about your conspiracy theory and have not though through such holes in the plot.

The reasons are well documented in DeepThought's works. But, your reading disability is standing in the way.

But there's no such thing as lizard people.
    If you believe that the idea of lizard people is plausible, then you are simply being ridiculous.

I would totally agree but I would also want to know why ancient people and some quite recently described such 'things' so graphically even though they were thousands of miles apart.

Visitors from outer space???

Some people don't believe in that but then believe in a sky fairy and if they go to church each Sunday and sing or talk gibberish they will live forever in nicey land.

Each to their own.

But again, none of that is true.
    Where are you getting that idea?

Go look for it. it's out there. I am not here to provide you with anything about anything.

You obviously don't believe anything about anything or just a wind up merchant.

Do you believe in god?

So...........does that mean he was wrong about everything he ever said?

A broken clock is right twice a day. The issue is he's never correct by design, rather he makes a vague allusion to something, and if something vaguely connected happens, he supporters (who, sorry, are utter morons) believe he has predicted something, and therefore is the messiah.

It's "brute force prophecy", keep making vague predictions all day and eventually you'll be "right". That's how it works in the conspiracy industry.

• Advertisement

the knowledge he has om 9/11 is impressive, most of which can be backed up with facts

If you are speaking about Icke - it's the usual 911 conspiracy drivel, which is based on anything but facts

If you are speaking about Icke - it's the usual 911 conspiracy drivel, which is based on anything but facts

Jeez their is lots of 9/11 stuff and vid evidence by 'others' never mind David Icke.

Some of the actual vids and evidence is real eye opening stuff.

It's "brute force prophecy", keep making vague predictions all day and eventually you'll be "right". That's how it works in the conspiracy industry.

And a lot of other things as well. Some we take as 'gospel' and truthful.

I think you have jumped to the conclusion that exposure is the primary concern. Is it not belief in that exposure?

If so, then your objective is not prevent exposure, but rather merely limit belief that exposure is real.
    That makes no sense. Why wouldn't they prevent exposure?
    I don't think you will find them in army surplus. But, there are plenty of scientific papers detailing imaging, reading and writing techniques suitable for a BCI. What DeepThought brought to the table was the technological packaging to perform that from satellite.
    Again you claim this, but you can't point to any of these papers.
    Do any of these papers involve orbital microwave weapons or secret government AI?
    Read his work. Overcome your disability.
    That's pretty insulting.
    But regradless, I don't plan on reading a long rambling blog with nothing to support it.
    If you can post the scientific papers you claim to have, then maybe there is something to support it. But given how far you are going to avoid posting them, I don't believe these papers exist.
    Before jumping to the conclusion of mental illness, you need to rule out everything else. It is a diagnosis of last resort and, ultimately, clinically provable.
    Lol.
    So before we conclude some one's mentally ill, we have to prove for a fact that they aren't the vicitim of a massive government conspiracy involving space microwaves and secret AIs and we have to also rule that they are not in fact the son of God.
    I don't think that's the case.
    You didn't provide evidence, you just think you did. Here is a paper on Faith and how it is treated in the context of mental health:

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/docs/default-source/members/sigs/spirituality-spsig/is-faith-delusion-andrew-sims-editedx.pdf

As for his other claims, we don't know the basis of the reasoning. Without that, we are unable to make any conclusion in regards to his mental health.
    This is pretty pathetic goal post moving.
    You denied that Icke displayed any of the signs of mental illness.
    I posted descriptions of several illnesses that fit.
    His behaviour is consistent with being mentally ill.

The paper you posted simply isn't relevant to any of the illnesses mentioned. I think it's something you just googled some key words for and posted without reading.
    I think it's weird though that you can post this random non relevant article, yet still can't post the other scientific papers you claim to have.
    Your problem is you have heard some of the basics about mental illness, but have no in-depth knowledge or training.
    Remind us of your expertise in mental health, microwave physics and weapons and secret AI technology.
    Post grad in those perhaps?
    The reasons are well documented in DeepThought's works. But, your reading disability is standing in the way.
    No they aren't.
    If they were, then you could have answered the question directly and clearly.

Go look for it. it's out there. I am not here to provide you with anything about anything.
    I have looked. There's no such thing as a "method of brainwashing through the telly".

I think you are referring to the idea of subliminal advertising. However this has never actually been shown to be effective and is not even close to "brainwashing". It's not able and has never been claimed to be able to make people believe in silly conspiracy theories and it uses quickly cut images, not microwaves.

I could be wrong, but you have to show that.
    Telling some one to "google it" is pretty much an admission of defeat.

I have looked. There's no such thing as a "method of brainwashing through the telly".

I think you are referring to the idea of subliminal advertising. However this has never actually been shown to be effective and is not even close to "brainwashing". It's not able and has never been claimed to be able to make people believe in silly conspiracy theories and it uses quickly cut images, not microwaves.

I could be wrong, but you have to show that.
    Telling some one to "google it" is pretty much an admission of defeat.

Jeez I was first shown this 30 - 40 years ago and advertisers were not allowed to use it because I imagine it was so effective.

No defeat....you carry on you are doing well yourself.

• Advertisement

Jeez I was first shown this 30 - 40 years ago and advertisers were not allowed to use it because I imagine it was so effective.
    But it's not effective.
    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4063
    Harcourt Assessment, which was known at the time as The Psychological Corporation, invited Vicary to repeat his experiment under controlled conditions. He did, but this time no increases in sales were shown at all. Pressed for an explanation, Vicary confessed that he had falsified the results from his original study. Indeed, five years later in a 1962 interview with Advertising Age, Vicary revealed that he had never even conducted the Fort Lee experiment at all. He had literally made up the entire thing. But of course, by then, it was too late. The headlines had run their course, and to this day it's a generally accepted fact that flashing brief messages onscreen produces a desired behavior, despite the fact it never happened.

https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037%2F0021-9010.79.6.866
    Subjects watched television commercials, monitoring them for a message (the words choose this) presented at different levels of contrast with the background. Following each commercial, subjects rated their intention to respond positively to it. In Experiment 1, neither detected nor undetected messages affected these ratings compared with a no-message control condition. In Experiment 2, incentives produced higher ratings with detected messages; with undetected messages the effect was statistically ambiguous and only one-tenth as large. Unexpectedly, in both experiments commercials containing undetected messages were subsequently less likely to be remembered than commercials with no messages. The tiny effects of subliminal (undetected) messages compared with the large effects of supraliminal (detected) ones are discussed in relation to the hazards and difficulties of placing them. (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)

Do you have something that shows sublimal advertising is effective, beyond vaguely remembering something you were told 30-40 years ago?

But it's not effective.
    https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4063

https://psycnet.apa.org/doiLanding?doi=10.1037%2F0021-9010.79.6.866

Do you have something that shows sublimal advertising is effective, beyond vaguely remembering something you were told 30-40 years ago?

It's old stuff. Stuff that was played around with so long ago it may not be even relevant today with digital tv. But it was never allowed to be used so that may tell you something.

So being as it is 'old technology' you wont be finding someone messing with it as the old style tv's are long gone.

Who knows??? Well maybe you do as the world according to King Mob is to disprove everything even though he knows????

Jeez their is lots of 9/11 stuff and vid evidence by 'others' never mind David Icke.

Some of the actual vids and evidence is real eye opening stuff.

There isn't, the vast majority of it is completely spurious and unfounded (and designed to bamboozle and impress the gullible). Feel free to post in the 911 forum, we've been dealing with it for years

There isn't, the vast majority of it is completely spurious and unfounded (and designed to bamboozle and impress the gullible). Feel free to post in the 911 forum, we've been dealing with it for years

I am no expert on such but even I fail to see how those buildings came down the way they did and have never heard David Icke on about it.

I do have some engineering knowledge and know a bit about steel construction. I also know it is impossible to melt steel with just diesel fuel or solid fuel if not in a controlled environment. So all that stops there and David Icke doesnt need to tell me this if he ever did.

It's old stuff.
    Old stuff that didn't work.
    This was contrary to your claims.
    Stuff that was played around with so long ago it may not be even relevant today with digital tv. But it was never allowed to be used so that may tell you something.
    Just because it was banned doesn't mean it is effective. I've shown you a study that actually tests the method.
    So being as it is 'old technology' you wont be finding someone messing with it as the old style tv's are long gone.
    Do you have any evidence that there is new technology that can brainwash people?

• Advertisement
Advertisement