Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best fry in Dublin (Saturday)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Just found out that the Coffee House in Rathgar (down the back of the 108) is open again! YAY!

It's run by three mental Italian guys, and the fry is fantastic.

the Jumbo is e10.90 - 2 rashers, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, mushrooms, one black, one white pudding (and big puddings too, about as big around as a can of beer) beans (Heinz), hash brown, fried tomato, with big mug of proper coffee, toast (and loads of butter) and OJ.
    Additions are e1 each

If you're lucky, they'll give you a Sardinian donut, which is like a real donut, but with lemon zest in it....... or something, it's deep fried and covered in sugar - do you really care what's in it?

Still miss the mammies that ran the Coffee shop before, but the Italian guys
    are funny and definetly brighten up a hungover morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Thanks for the Matt The Rashers recommendations! Went there on sunday morning, got the famous breakfast, 9/10.
    For €8.50 you get 3 rashers, 3 sausages, decent pile of beans, decent pile of mushrooms, 2 perfectly cooked eggs (not crusty, i hate those crusty fried eggs) half a tomato, hash brown, liver, toast and tea. It's one of those big oval plates just full of food. Would have got 10/10, but the tea tasted a bit weird. But the food was all done perfectly, great quality sausages and rashers. Even the waitresses were good looking!
    Place was jammed at 12:30pm, and millions of people coming in and getting breakfast rolls to take away which is a good sign. Great service even though it was mad busy, they're used to loads of customers which is a good sign.

Cafe Java (few around town, Blackrock, Leeson Street etc) do a great breakfast too. Not the traditional one, but their breakfast special is great. It's (from the bottom up)3 slices of McCambridge's brown bread toasted, ballymaloe, crispy streaky rashers, 2 poached eggs with caramelised onions on top. Simple, but great. Nice tea too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 andymad

BunnyKelly -

Will you send that in as a review to me at www.rashersAndEggs.com ?

Looks great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 andymad

Quint wrote:
    Cafe Java (few around town, Blackrock, Leeson Street etc) do a great breakfast too. Not the traditional one, but their breakfast special is great. It's (from the bottom up)3 slices of McCambridge's brown bread toasted, ballymaloe, crispy streaky rashers, 2 poached eggs with caramelised onions on top. Simple, but great. Nice tea too.

I did a review of cafe java. It was good, but not great. best one so far in Blackrock was the overpriced one upstairs in the superquinn centre. Worth every overprices cent. yummsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dublin2galway

andymad wrote: »
    I did a review of cafe java. It was good, but not great. best one so far in Blackrock was the overpriced one upstairs in the superquinn centre. Worth every overprices cent. yummsies!

Update on that one upstairs in superquinn - it no longer does the all day breakfast. Nor does the Goat pub, or the otrher cafe downstairs in superquinn centre in balckrock

(Yes, I spent my Saturday travelling all round Dublin looking for a review for rashersandeggs.com and ended up eating a burger :mad: )

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

I used to hit Matt the Rasher a fair bit until Pickles opened across the road beside the puncture repair place

Breakfast on a saturday is savage - full irish or eggs benedickt or eggs florentine waffles and pancakes are even available sometimes. A bit slower then Matt's as its cooked to order but well worth the wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

nads wrote: »
    there is no places anymore that do frys to the degree of decency...

every place have pre-cooked cr*p subsequentially re-heated in a microwave.

I was amazed in 'Woodstock' in Phibsboro a guy ordering fry components to then be stuck in the queue so long to pay that he, himself, said to the check-out girl to bung it in the microwave for a few seconds! He was some pro!

Sorry...

The nearest thing i got to a good fry was out in Maynooth, which is Kildare i suppose, forget the name of the place but it's near the Uni with a red facade.

Thats the Rye. I prefer the Twist in Maynooth for a fry though. You get more eggs. Hmmmm....... Sausages are nicer in the rye though and you get nice brown bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Theres a little tiny cafe near where I live on James Street, its a really greasy place but you get a lovely fry for 8 quid or so. Its called the Royal Kitchen which I think is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 gillybeans

I used to hit Matt the Rasher a fair bit

+1 for Matts!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Can anyone think of a dacent fry on baggot street, nassua street or thereabouts? Once a week i always wind up walking into town in between the time the pubs stop serving lunches and before they start doing dinners. And a fecking panini aint doing the job if ye get me:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Gerrys on montague St, (spell) just off harcourt st, does the best fryups full stop. Won a few awards also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It has to be Sheries on Middle Abbey Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Gerrys on montague St, (spell) just off harcourt st, does the best fryups full stop. Won a few awards also.

and i think the full brekkie €6.50 including tea and toast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thats right, great value and the guys are a friendly bunch. Have been going there for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Pickles in Sundrive for a tasty Parma ham on delicious brown toast. And a decent cuppa.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Spread wrote: »
    Pickles in Sundrive for a tasty Parma ham on delicious brown toast. And a decent cuppa.:)

:confused:

So many things wrong with that statement, for one I can't imagine Pickles been the name above the door of a place that does quality fries. Next parma ham :mad: ffs bacon might have saved this but parma ham, christ I have images of metro's in pink shirts eating their delicious parma ham on brown toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Suffice it to say that PICKLES appears in the bible twice ...... and now in boards.ie! The fact that it is also a deli may have something to do with it. I'll ask today and post. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'm dissappointed in this thread. Very very much so.

None of you have been to Violets? Noone?

On Dorset Street, towards the Drumcondra end. I save it for my "mother of god" hangovers, it's a divine experience. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Truth be told though, I've never been able to order the big big fry up... From what I remember, it's a burger with bun, pork chops, sausages, beans, mushrooms, rashers, puddings, chips and toast. Oh, and tea or coffee. Though with a meal like that, it has to be tea.

Don't go near the place if there's a match in Croke park though...

I was in there a few years back, generous helpings but a bit too generous with the ould grease too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'm dissappointed in this thread. Very very much so.

None of you have been to Violets? Noone?

On Dorset Street, towards the Drumcondra end. I save it for my "mother of god" hangovers, it's a divine experience. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Truth be told though, I've never been able to order the big big fry up... From what I remember, it's a burger with bun, pork chops, sausages, beans, mushrooms, rashers, puddings, chips and toast. Oh, and tea or coffee. Though with a meal like that, it has to be tea.

Don't go near the place if there's a match in Croke park though...

Whereabouts is that place?I think i've seen it...

i think its down beside what used to be the gas showhouse place (apartments now) beside the NCR intersection. its a purpley colour place i think

Yep, that's it, before the Big Tree if you're coming out of town.

Well worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Mulligans Bar In SandyMount - Just next to tesco!!!

Went there with a friend to watch the Ireland v Italy game and the fry was soo good

Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Kealys of cloughran, Great Fry and Bar and Bookies next door....

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

Gerry's off Harcourt Street (Montogue Lane I think:p)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Me MAs

that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Cafe Sofia on Wexford Street. It does cracking food including a proper fry with chips for about €7. It's my Sunday ritual haunt with a hangover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

LilyM1980 wrote: »
    Gerry's off Harcourt Street (Montogue Lane I think:p)

MONTAGUE STREET

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

My first time posting here though I don't want to join as a Brother

Brams in Marino Mart,D3 is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

The Hungry Monkey in Mulhuddart.

Savage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Indeed brahms in marino is good and clean. But matt the rasher near kcr i think does liver and chops too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Down in me nannies gaff every morning before I go to college. Aren't Grandmothers just the best at cooking? She uses proper fat to make it mmmmm. The toast with it too is immense. Nice cup of cha too. Gonna have one tomorrow, I don't care what it does to me insides cos they're delicious. Then off to the pub at about 11 o clock for 2 scoops. mmmmmm.

Anyways, can anyone recommend me a place in Dun Laoghaire that do good fry ups?

Feckin starvin now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the gigs place at portobello bridge has improved immensely, their breakfast is very good. they only open at 12 am to around 7 am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

ahh the gigs place - grand food there after a heap of pints!

Sausages - can someone tell me if anywhere in Dublin serves brekkies that have sausages that aren't those generic ones that seem to crop up in every bloody breakfast I have - ya know the ones that are perfectly oval and nearly squirt grease when you cut them - or is it that they are all just deep fried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Gents, is there anywhere near Santry? Drumcondra, Swords, or anywhere that direction to get a great fry-up? Although not a brother, I require your wisdom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

I forgot about this thread.

Right, James St, The Royal Pantry.

8 quid, for your fryup, and the food is hanging off the (large) plate... The place proper old school, and tiny... Gets rid of any hangover though.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I'll cook you a fry-up..
    The Full Heart Attack..
    I'll even include a free go on the de-fib afterwards (bro a papmedic can borrow one for an hour)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wes099

1, Kingfisher Parnell Street,D1
    2, Lets Eat North Strand,D1
    3, Brams Clontarf,D3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wes099

Clarkes on Cabra Rd used to be nice now they throw up a load of muck I think there using really cheap sausages too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

You get a damn good fry up in Bewleys...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

wes099 wrote: »
    1, Kingfisher Parnell Street,D1

yes Yes YES

What about the worst fry? Cafe Kylemore was always horrible in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There's a tiny little café on O'Connel St beside the cinema that does a lovely fry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sure sure

12th Lock Bar , Dublin 15. 11 quid, but well worth it ..... good pints too!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Bean Scene on Haddington Row have an amazing Power Breakfast.

2 egg, 2 sausage, 2 rasher, beans, mushrooms, tomato, hash brown, a fair chunk of black and white pudding, 4 toast.

All top quality non generic ingredients perfect hangover material. The only place I eat a fry in Dublin.

Mini breakfast available for smaller eaters, great coffee too.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Gents, is there anywhere near Santry? Drumcondra, Swords, or anywhere that direction to get a great fry-up? Although not a brother, I require your wisdom :D

Adams Apple cafe in Applewood village in Swords. Great fry up open 7 days

There's a tiny little café on O'Connel St beside the cinema that does a lovely fry.

what is this tiny place of which you speak for I have never noticed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kidloco

Just passing thru, Doing a delivery into FOLEYS bar just at the back of the Dail last week, after doing my drop the guy told us there was 2 breakfast down stairs for us, low and behold possibly the best fry up i've had in a while, good spot and you can have a bevvie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

funny_pictures_kitten_is_excited_about_bacon_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Bit of a bump here but any places in the city that opens early (6am'ish) that serves up a good breakfast.

Advertisement