Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doom Eternal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Azza wrote: »
    do you actually know what Crysis and Doom 2016 look like when run on the minimum requirements or are you picturing max Crysis and max Doom 2016 settings in your head. Do you remember what frame rate and resolution Crysis 1 targeted at release versus the targeted resolution and frame rate of Doom 2016. I can tell you for sure that Crysis at release was realistically only targeting a 30FPS and a max resolution of 1280x1024 and that was at the 2nd highest graphics settings not the highest, the game highest settings where designed with GPU's that where yet to be released. Even with the highest end GPU released a few months after Crysis release you could not consistently achieve 30FPS, and instead have to depend on motion blur to keep things looking smooth in the 24-30+fps range

Fully aware of what they look like and the issues around Crysis. I use crysis as example purely based on the fact that its minimum requirements in comparison to its looks/gameplay vs minimum requirements for modern titles is so very different. It might run meh but it runs. For modern titles the requirements are exponential but the graphical and gameplay advances are not. For doom specifically, comparing the sequels to the original, this is a huge regression from such a good start.
    It is possible to hit that with Doom 2016 and its a better looking game

Also fully aware of this. Supreme Commander suffers from this and it's a shame. Crysis isn't a perfect game, again the only example I was using was its minimum requirements. However, it's not hard to make a better looking game when you've got decades on them, which is huge amounts of time in technology.
    I don't know if you could say Doom 2016 looks 1000% better than Crysis, but then again I don't know how you could actually rate that and say a game looks 10x better than another, its all subjective. I'm also not sure if 2016 computer hardware is 10x better than 2007 hardware. Perhaps Doom 2016 is twice as good looking and runs 3 times faster?

There's probably many places where we could measure it objectively (like texture resolution/mapping) but overall if it looks GOOD is indeed subjective. I would say a good screenshot of Crysis and other games that pushed the limits still impresses people today. While many big games from AAA publishers (bethesda's Falllout, Bioware's Mass Effect) can have screenshots that look very bad and like something out of an emulated upscaled N64 game at the worst of times.

Main point is that game graphics and ambitions have been much slower than their requirements. They don't look as better than older games as their requirements have from older games. That make sense? Hard to describe it I think. Oh well.
    Doom 2016 does not take it self seriously.

If you say so. I was only responding to the claim that levels in Doom don't make sense... when I don't think they have to make sense.
    LAN removal and DRM are the result of piracy.

In the current day they're actually the result of 2 things.

1. Unethical companies who sell DRM and therefore market it with lies and misinformation about piracy (Denuvo arresting some lone hobby hacker in belgium recently)

2. Publishers wanting to control everything about their game to an insane degree. To the point of cheats in single player games practically becoming illegal due to DLC replacing them, save scumming being removed and basic operations being offloaded to the cloud for the sole purpose of data collection and experience tailoring (Hitman :mad:). Any company not run by complete fools knows piracy isn't an issue for them but they may use it as an excuse to regress on features anyway.
    So I could understand (and still lament) why these features are gone.

That's not the only reason. There's just good ole laziness. For example modern FPS multiplayer games have some seriously low player limits for servers. Apparently despite decades since LAN FPS technology we just can't get past 6v6 on a server, we don't have the technology. Rediculous, right? Here's a video explaining this malarkey in more detail https://youtu.be/tS9vvF1V1Dc
    I actually don't know what you mean by PIP.

Picture in picture. As seen in things like Swat 4, Supreme Commander which also had it in mutli monitor map overview tech which was awesome... or straight up just any game with split screen. But apparently Halo can't do that anymore because they just can't do it according to the head of xbox. Never mind hundreds of millions of euros they can play with and have the networking links to hire practically anyone they want for anything, nevermind the technology advantage over things like the nintendo 64 which could do 4 player split screen... they just can't get split screen in Halo on modern hardware because it's too fecking hard for them. Boo hoo am I right? There's always an excuse with these modern FPS games, one reason or another to regress further and further. You can accept their excuses or not. I don't.
    Limited platforms?. That's just PC gaming elitism talk, if a game doesn't use 100% of all 4/ 8/16/32 CPU cores or all of 8/16/32GB of DDR4 or scale 100% across SLI/Crossfire X3 its not pushing the boundaries and should be criticized for such an offense

Maybe you misunderstood or I didn't explain precisely what I meant, because I've got no idea what you're talking about with CPU cores n' such.

I'm talking about platforms like Windows and Playstation. Doom runs on practically anything you'd want it to run on and the original released with support for Linux, Mac, Windows and DOS (with even Android now I believe) Has tons of console versions too. How's Doom 2016's platform ambitions? Just standard ass cut and dry Windows 7-10(10 never ending now), PS4, XBO. "Who cares about the other ones?" That's the new attitude the corpse of ID has about these things.
    Oh wait that's right the PC platform on its own can't support AAA game development

Well getting slightly off topic, but I will call absolute BS on this. GOG said the same thing with witcher and then spent an insane amount of its budget (I think higher than its development budget) on marketing which was primarily for console. Games can target one system and be profitable, just name any successful console exclusive. There are AAA games that come out for single platforms and are successful, it can be done. It's all about how much they have to spend on development and how much money they can make back. Would Witcher 3 look different if 90% of its marketing budget was rerouted into a single platform only release? Definitely. Would it be better? Who can say for sure. But I'd wager a PC only release probably would've been a better designed experience, at least for my taste.

... or if they just released the damn modding tools they back-pedalled on.
    The original Doom game engine is not actually truly 3D but uses binary space partitions to simulate 3D.

You quoted yourself and are replying to yourself I think? Was that just a correction?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For example modern FPS multiplayer games have some seriously low player limits for servers. Apparently despite decades since LAN FPS technology we just can't get past 6v6 on a server, we don't have the technology. Rediculous, right?

Except currently the trend is to in fact get large amounts of players on the same server... the two biggest hitters boast 100 player counts as standard, and most of the big-name multiplayer titles are rushing to hop on that bandwagon. Even if you don't like the Battle Royale games, it's clear technology isn't holding them back from bigger-scale multiplayer titles.

Let's also not forget the fact that many games are purposely balanced for small player numbers... Not some technical limitation (although surely the case in some examples), merely the fact the designers have carefully, well, designed the game mechanics to work within specific player limits. Plenty of multiplayer games which are hellish messes when you put loads of players in there, and are typically much more enjoyable when the scope is limited by design.
    I'm talking about platforms like Windows and Playstation. Doom runs on practically anything you'd want it to run on and the original released with support for Linux, Mac, Windows and DOS (with even Android now I believe) Has tons of console versions too. How's Doom 2016's platform ambitions? Just standard ass cut and dry Windows 7-10(10 never ending now), PS4, XBO. "Who cares about the other ones?" That's the new attitude the corpse of ID has about these things.

I mean, to a very large degree... yes? The game is available on all three major consoles (the Switch being an unlikely candidate to host a full-featured version of the game, incidentally, and a bit of a technical marvel in its own modest, 30 FPS way) and the largest *by far* PC market - the vast, vast majority of people interested in the game are able to play it, and very likely have a choice of hardware to play it on. These four biggest platforms (four is not exactly a small amount!) are the obvious focuses for any developer - big or small - to get their game into as many hands as possible, and all boast the infrastructure to fully support it.

I'm all for developers supporting Mac and Linux, let me stress, but it's no surprise whatsoever for all manner of reasons (technical, commercial) that they're relatively under-served gaming wise.

Incidentally, you could get Bioshock on a phone less than a decade after it was released. I'm sure Doom 2016 could well show up on Android and iOS (or their future equivalents) in the not so distant future too :)

As an aside, I was so-so about Doom 2016. I thought its mechanics were magnificent and immensely satisfying, basically becoming the FPS equivalent of DMC / Bayonetta at its best. Even purer in arcade mode. But sadly the game's level design let it down and it ran out of ideas well before the end though. Those basic mechanics though *chef's kiss*

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Fully aware of what they look like and the issues around Crysis. I use crysis as example purely based on the fact that its minimum requirements in comparison to its looks/gameplay vs minimum requirements for modern titles is so very different. It might run meh but it runs. For modern titles the requirements are exponential but the graphical and gameplay advances are not. For doom specifically, comparing the sequels to the original, this is a huge regression from such a good start.

Be honest, are you really fully aware of what both games look and run like on minimum spec requirements. What resolution and frame rate did the developers have in mind when the said minimum spec?

Also is a 2016 PC 1000% more powerful than a a 2007 PC.
    Also fully aware of this. Supreme Commander suffers from this and it's a shame. Crysis isn't a perfect game, again the only example I was using was its minimum requirements. However, it's not hard to make a better looking game when you've got decades on them, which is huge amounts of time in technology.

Odd you go to another game with severe performance issues after criticizing Doom 2016 for being un-optimized. You aware of the memory leak/bug that caused the game to continue calculate A.I pathing of destroyed units which effectively crippled performance over time when playing against the A.I in skirmish mode and was never fixed. Could never have a proper comp stomp in that game...tragic. You also complained about narrow FOV in Doom, well I'll take the liberty of bashing SupCom for cropping the vertical axis when in widescreen :)
    There's probably many places where we could measure it objectively (like texture resolution/mapping) but overall if it looks GOOD is indeed subjective. I would say a good screenshot of Crysis and other games that pushed the limits still impresses people today. While many big games from AAA publishers (bethesda's Falllout, Bioware's Mass Effect) can have screenshots that look very bad and like something out of an emulated upscaled N64 game at the worst of times.

Texture mapping in Crysis?, Go back to Crysis, its textures are now somewhat hit and miss. Its why when the game was released on PS3/Xbox 360 they went back and improved a lot of the textures. As for other games what are you referring too? And as creaky as Fallout 4 and ME are looking, no one who isn't taking cocaine would compare them to N64 games. Also screenshots don't capture frame rate!
    Main point is that game graphics and ambitions have been much slower than their requirements. They don't look as better than older games as their requirements have from older games. That make sense? Hard to describe it I think. Oh well.

Before I could categorically say your wrong I would need to do some research but my gut feeling tells me your being overall biased towards older games.
    If you say so. I was only responding to the claim that levels in Doom don't make sense... when I don't think they have to make sense.

They don't have to make sense sure but it helps if they do. Doom gameplay would be still be in good in completely blank corridor's but it doesn't hurt to have some variety in the scenery. Take Wolfenstein 2 or F.E.A.R good game play, but bland level design. Can we have both please?
    In the current day they're actually the result of 2 things.

1. Unethical companies who sell DRM and therefore market it with lies and misinformation about piracy (Denuvo arresting some lone hobby hacker in belgium recently)

Ah the DRM debate. A complex topic that I don't want to get into here as it would completely derail the thread, but from what I've read on gaming forum and websites many gamers are more than happy to lie and spread misinformation about it. Same thing happened with Starforce back in the day.
    2. Publishers wanting to control everything about their game to an insane degree. To the point of cheats in single player games practically becoming illegal due to DLC replacing them, save scumming being removed and basic operations being offloaded to the cloud for the sole purpose of data collection and experience tailoring (Hitman :mad:). Any company not run by complete fools knows piracy isn't an issue for them but they may use it as an excuse to regress on features anyway.

I agree cheats should not be restricted and charging money for DLC to offer the same features as what previously offered as a bonus should not be condoned.

I don't care if save scumming is being removed, learn to live with consequences ala "Thats X-Com Baby!"

Hitman was one of my favorite games recently. Its online component did cause me some minor inconveniences when I couldn't connect for an hour or so. Wasn't a huge thing but I'd rather saves where not located online. Data collecting (of in game activity and nothing else)for experience tailoring doesn't bother me though sounds like a way to improve the game. I rolled my eyes when the game was blinded criticized for being episodic when it actually really suited the game very well. That and the "OMG I don't have the ability to wield Duel Silver Ballers" or "where is my weapons briefcase" therefore this is the worst Hitman ever! "Ah guys a weapons hiding briefcase would render alot of the gameplay mechanics redundant"...."bah it doesn't matter no briefcase= this is not a true hitman game!"

Sorry rant over....gamers really get on my nerve sometime. I should stop reading game forums!

As for piracy not having any affect. I can honestly say I have no idea if it does or not but I have no idea how you can say it doesn't unless you have access to evidence I don't. I do recall seeing 3.5 million downloads of Crysis on bittorrent back in the day and similar numbers for Call of Duty games. I don't have evidence but I have a hard time imagining that none of those downloads are a lost sale.
    That's not the only reason. There's just good ole laziness. For example modern FPS multiplayer games have some seriously low player limits for servers. Apparently despite decades since LAN FPS technology we just can't get past 6v6 on a server, we don't have the technology. Rediculous, right? Here's a video explaining this malarkey in more detail https://youtu.be/tS9vvF1V1Dc

No comment for now I'll watch later.
    Picture in picture. As seen in things like Swat 4, Supreme Commander which also had it in mutli monitor map overview tech which was awesome... or straight up just any game with split screen. But apparently Halo can't do that anymore because they just can't do it according to the head of xbox. Never mind hundreds of millions of euros they can play with and have the networking links to hire practically anyone they want for anything, nevermind the technology advantage over things like the nintendo 64 which could do 4 player split screen... they just can't get split screen in Halo on modern hardware because it's too fecking hard for them. Boo hoo am I right? There's always an excuse with these modern FPS games, one reason or another to regress further and further. You can accept their excuses or not. I don't.

I remember PIP in Swat 4 now. Cool game. SupCom was multi monitor not PIP. The question is do those modes work in all games or are needed.
    As for Halo I have no comment because I don't know anything about Halo. Don't play the games.
    Maybe you misunderstood or I didn't explain precisely what I meant, because I've got no idea what you're talking about with CPU cores n' such.

Sorry I thought you where criticizing consoles for holding back video game development and where referring to them as limited platforms. My mistake.

That's great they got support for all those platforms. I have nothing against MAC, Linux or Android (but I'd never want to play Doom on a mobile device...ughh). But at the end of the day games development a business out to make money and I don't begrudge them that. With Doom 2016 have covered off probably 96+% of the market (you forgot the switch version). What is the Lunix gaming market, less than 1% is it? Its a cost vs profit calculation. Also not being on Android or Linux or Mac doesn't make the gameplay any worse anyway. Infact if its anything like X-Com 2 which I tried recently on Linux your better off on Windows and not losing a third of your frame rate.
    Well getting slightly off topic, but I will call absolute BS on this. GOG said the same thing with witcher and then spent an insane amount of its budget (I think higher than its development budget) on marketing which was primarily for console. Games can target one system and be profitable, just name any successful console exclusive. There are AAA games that come out for single platforms and are successful, it can be done. It's all about how much they have to spend on development and how much money they can make back. Would Witcher 3 look different if 90% of its marketing budget was rerouted into a single platform only release? Definitely. Would it be better? Who can say for sure. But I'd wager a PC only release probably would've been a better designed experience, at least for my taste.

... or if they just released the damn modding tools they back-pedalled on.

Would you mind linking to evidence that indicate CDPR spent more on marketing than on game development.

Secondly do you believe marketing has no effect on sales. If they spent nothing on marketing and pumped into all into game development would the sales have been better, the same or worse?

This is what I don't get. Game developers/publishers have an aversion to losing money. You constantly hear from gamers how developers are throwing money hands over fist away on useless things like marketing or DRM or are being hoodwinked by shaddy publishers/DRM developers. Of course its extremely rare that anyone can ever backs up these claims or accusations with evidence. But maybe just maybe, they publishers/developers have access to information/sales figures the general gaming public does not!
    You quoted yourself and are replying to yourself I think? Was that just a correction?

The original Doom and Doom 2 engines are not true 3D games was the point I was making

Anyway sorry for wall of text gone way off topic.

Doom 1 Great
    Doom 2 Great
    Doom 3 A technical marvel for its time and I understand it went for horror over shooting gameplay which I was fine with but its the weakest game in the series.
    Doom 2016 a good modern take on a classic formula that's so under used it feels fresh.
    Doom Eternal, looks great, really capture classic Doom spirit IMO. Looking forward to it.

Would you mind linking to evidence that indicate CDPR spent more on marketing than on game development.

http://next.gazeta.pl/pieniadz/1,136158,18087407,_Wiedzmin_3__z_rekordem_sprzedazy__4_mln_sztuk___Trzyletnie.html
    SupCom was multi monitor not PIP

It had both. Split screen, mini map PIP and secondary monitor. Not sure if you could have minimap in split screen so if not that leaves 3 full renders at any one time at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ProvableGrub

Is it even fair to compare Doom (Original) and Doom 2016? The two games feel, play and look (obviously) completely different. I havent played much of the original Doom, but the 2016 version was fantastic so I’ definitely escited for this. I just hope that the multiplayer is better than the previous one however.

This lad hits the nail on the head. Applies to quite a lot of outrage these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'd never even heard of any 'outrage' about this game. Farcical to say the least, but a good video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Billy86 wrote: »
    I'd never even heard of any 'outrage' about this game. Farcical to say the least, but a good video.

I don't think I've ever even heard the term "SJW" in real life. You just hear it used by two tiny but annoyingly loud pockets of the internet.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever even heard the term "SJW" in real life. You just hear it used by two tiny but annoyingly loud pockets of the internet.

The term isn't used much outside of the internet because the kind of people it refers to have the biggest influence on the internet and when talking in person, resonable people usually focus on the topic/points rather than labels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you ever tried to say "Ess-Jay-Double-U"?

Just mouthing the term makes you realise you're a plonker! :pac: (admittedly, I was a plonker for a while too)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to say "Ess-Jay-Double-U"?

Just mouthing the term makes you realise you're a plonker! :pac: (admittedly, I was a plonker for a while too)

"Blue hairs" is easier :D

"Blue hairs" is easier :D

I think I prefer "hipster journalists" or "beardies" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• The Hype is real

giphy.gif

But at what cost...

Unless they're keeping all their announcements for QuakeConDOOMCON next month, Quake / Quake Champions is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Funny that at the end of both trailers Google Stadia wasnt on the list fo platforms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cool, so we might get to shoot Jesus with a BFG?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope it goes full on shin megami tensei

482820.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This is going to be amazing. Played through Doom 2016 a few times. Just brilliant fun.

• Advertisement

Great find. Seems well priced no? I would love one aswell for my "games room"... oh wait, I lost that dream to the kids years ago... "not bitter at all" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Google Stadia just had their Gamescon Stadia Connect event and all it did was convince me to cancel my pre-order.

• Google Stadia just had their Gamescon Stadia Connect event and all it did was convince me to cancel my pre-order.

Not seen it, do explain!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not seen it, do explain!!

They announced that they're getting Cyberpunk and that's about it. Everything else was either Orcs Must Die 3 or games that were already announced and they had zero details on anything else - launch date, pro-subscription library games, cross play/save.

Farming Simulator and that Darksiders Diablo rip-off were in there as some of their showcase games and I just don't see any reason to care about the whole thing at all anymore.

Moving to March 20th 2020

The Nintendo Switch version is also no longer releasing day and date with other platforms, and will instead arrive at some point later. Rounding out today’s announcements is the fact Invasion Mode, which allows you to invade the campaign of other players, will not be part of the package at launch.

Invasion will now be added to Doom Eternal in a free update coming post launch. To make up for this trio of bad news, id Software has announced that Doom 64 is now a free pre-order bonus on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
    https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1181569967562612736?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Something to look forward to in March at least. But disappointed that it'll be delayed. Still...as long as they get it right! And I have some faith after the first outing and the trailers so far.

Maybe they're adding a goose!

🤪

Shame its delayed, was really looking forward to it BUT I am sure they are doing it for good reason and in order to get the game right.

• Advertisement

• Ffs nooo

When was it supposed to be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It was very quiet the last few months but there is even less games this winter that jump out now

• ERG89 wrote: »
    It was very quiet the last few months but there is even less games this winter that jump out now

Only thing left really is Luigis Mansion 3, maybe The Outer Worlds
    Maybe Respawns Jedi game
    I can't think of anything else to hype me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More than enough games the last month to last me well past March. I'd say it's a good thing but March/April next year looks similarly insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Dang man.. The Outer Worlds is my only hope for a good AAA game this year now. Well, unless Death Stranding somehow isn't as awful as it looks.

Thank f*ck for Nintendo because 2019 has been dreadful on other consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Something to look forward to in March at least. But disappointed that it'll be delayed. Still...as long as they get it right! And I have some faith after the first outing and the trailers so far.

Maybe they're adding a goose!

Goose Eternal.
    And similar to Untitled Goose game competing with Zelda, Doom has to contend with Animal Crossing. But unlike the other 2, it won't be on the same platform.
    Isabelle is the real Doomslayer.

At first I thought it meant Doom 64 would be released in the meantime, but it releases the same day.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Goose Eternal.
    And similar to Untitled Goose game competing with Zelda, Doom has to contend with Animal Crossing. But unlike the other 2, it won't be on the same platform.
    Isabelle is the real Doomslayer.

At first I thought it meant Doom 64 would be released in the meantime, but it releases the same day.

TBH if you want to play Doom 64, just play Doom64 EX: https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait to get my hands on this loved the last one

• Mick Gordon :D

Don't think I'll bother with this one. I had my fill of the last doom about half way through. Although it was brilliant before it got stale. I'd be interested in what they do with the story but I think I've had my fun with the combat mechanics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

This looks great, sigh.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    This looks great, sigh.

Why the sigh?

I loved Doom 2016. Finished it twice. Amazing action packed fun. This one looks to be following the same route. I cannot wait for it.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Why the sigh?

I loved Doom 2016. Finished it twice. Amazing action packed fun. This one looks to be following the same route. I cannot wait for it.

Day one purchase probably digital deluxe edition €99.99. The sigh is in realisation I have more money than sense. There's a lot coming out in the next few months I know I'm going to have to have. I may fool myself into thinking I'll await a price drop but
    it won't happen

Actually thinking of playing the 2016 version again from scratch and doing all the challenges etc.

• GOTY potential IMO again

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Actually thinking of playing the 2016 version again from scratch and doing all the challenges etc.

Do it! That was the reason for my second play through. Found all the collectables and completed all the challenges etc. Its a blast.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Do it! That was the reason for my second play through. Found all the collectables and completed all the challenges etc. Its a blast.

I found some of the challenges infuriating, I got them in the end but remember one with a rocket launcher that drove me demented for a time. It's like everything though I fired it up one day and did it first go. I got badly stuck on those Hell guards again same thing one day I killed all three of them no problem.

This one is looking like a big improvement on what was already a marvelous experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement