Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbour has issue with boundary wall I built

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

OP a spoofer of the highest order.

Didn't get a surveyor but then did. Claimed he showed neighbour proof was entirely on his property but when challenged on this, doesn't mention the survey he supposedly had done but rather some photos of some metal poles. Neighbour is out hitting the wall with a hammer and holding the hammer up so the OP can catch it all on CCTV.

Utter nonsense.

The survey letter was being finalised and being sent Monday to the neighbour.

Neighbour has not noticed the CCTV can I don’t think if he did I think his actions would be different or be more careful.

Can you clarify spoofer please?

This. I would have thought this was a wind-up also but this actually seems genuine. People like the OP actually exist. There is a streak of a bully in these actions.

If I was the neighbour or a person closely related to the neighbour, I would be inclined to take matters into my own hands.

IMO the OP has a small window to resolve this. The only solution is to knock the wall. Ask forgiveness and agree a new wall with the neighbour before proceeding. Anything less will lead to decades of issues.

As for those who say "I don't need to be best friends with my neighbours". Good luck to you also. Part of life is community. The OP is obviously new to living here. These actions will spread and there is a chance he will have problems in the wider community depending on relationships etc.

IMO he deserves everything he gets from this point forward.

Okay say I knock the wall and then what happens? I rebuild it in the same place? Or have no wall now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

This. I would have thought this was a wind-up also but this actually seems genuine. People like the OP actually exist. There is a streak of a bully in these actions.

If I was the neighbour or a person closely related to the neighbour, I would be inclined to take matters into my own hands.

IMO the OP has a small window to resolve this. The only solution is to knock the wall. Ask forgiveness and agree a new wall with the neighbour before proceeding. Anything less will lead to decades of issues.

As for those who say "I don't need to be best friends with my neighbours". Good luck to you also. Part of life is community. The OP is obviously new to living here. These actions will spread and there is a chance he will have problems in the wider community depending on relationships etc.

IMO he deserves everything he gets from this point forward.

They come back to him and say they don't want a wall. What next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

So many Captain Hindsights on here its embarrassing.
    And too many people antagonising the OP.
    To what end?
    Just to upset him?

Dolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Burning bag of dudu on his doorstep then “ding dong”. Seriously though, if you turn up with an apple tart or a bottle of wine you might be able to break the ice and have a reasonable chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Pkiernan wrote: »
    So many Captain Hindsights on here its embarrassing.
    And too many people antagonising the OP.
    To what end?
    Just to upset him?

Dolts.

Why did he post if not for advice and opinions? To have his actions validated?

People are proposing he should’ve communicated better but that it’s not too late to start now. Hindsight is the result of experience. This isn’t an original or unique situation. What you call “hindsight” is actually really common knowledge in these kind of boundary disputes.

stevek93 wrote: »
    It was a makeshift wooden wall made from plywood probably for during the sale of the property.

Shortly after I moved in it blown down.

Presumably put up after discussion with the neighbour, did you take that fence away, or did you upright it and build inside it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

OP a spoofer of the highest order.

Didn't get a surveyor but then did. Claimed he showed neighbour proof was entirely on his property but when challenged on this, doesn't mention the survey he supposedly had done but rather some photos of some metal poles. Neighbour is out hitting the wall with a hammer and holding the hammer up so the OP can catch it all on CCTV.

Utter nonsense.

You beat me too it.

I am astonished he has been fed for so many pages, remarkably subtle.

I am taking notes.

Dav010 wrote: »
    Presumably put up after discussion with the neighbour, did you take that fence away, or did you upright it and build inside it?

The wooden plywood makeshift wall was erected by the previous owner of my property.

• Advertisement

I think at this point it’s time for me to wrap things up with this thread.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement