Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Takeaways Still Operating

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Roosters are back open from the 17th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Just to note that Dash Container Cafe is setting up shop in Kinsealy just beside the Ploughman Bar & Grill. Nice little addition to the area and I'd say they will do great trade especially during the drop off and collection periods for the school across the road.

https://dashcontainercafe.com/menu/

Also to mention that the Ploughman themselves do collection for their food too which is really nice.

https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/176782297_2142935539179259_7276377367479374989_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=000AEiKukmUAX__TSJO&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=745487a765b5a7954c25acc5d0dfe551&oe=60B9739E
    https://scontent-dub4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/176845293_2142935535845926_8545573446664481079_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=z03l9jyrq9oAX8R2Ot6&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=82b99e59e296ef27331cc710a2da14f3&oe=60BA5114

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

shesty wrote: »
    Rave reviews for this -they have a facebook page if you want to follow them. A colleague recommended them well over a year ago to me, have only heard good things although I have yet to get around to trying it out.
    We are big fans of Haldi in Rush and 54 in Skerries.We rotate between a few different spots week on week, but they have come up trumps every time.The golf club in Rush also does a great 3 course Sunday dinner for takeaway ,worth investigating. :-)

So, we tried this place at the weekend, sent them the order by WhatApp, got an immediate acknowledgement, headed out from Swords. It's an easy place to miss, especially if travelling from Ballyboughal, as the road sign is geared up for anyone travelling from the Naul. It's basically a smallish food truck based in a farmyard. The order was ready in fairness, only thing was we stuck it in the warming drawer when we got home , so it was a little lukewarm. Tasty & filling, but a 30km round trip? The jury is still out I'm afraid......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Singer wrote: »
    Possibly the best takeaway right now in Fingal is La Cocina Cuevas, an amazing taco truck inexplicably in a farm near the Naul. Open at weekends and you need to order in advance. The food is amazing, and a good excuse for a nice cycle around the hillier countryside of North County Dublin.

https://lacocinacuevas.com/

Went to them for the 2nd time today, took the kids for a drive from Swords, food was good as usual, we took it home and ate it at home, after ordering in advance. It was very busy they seem to be making good money at least at the weekends anyways! I had the Short Rib Tacos and they were excellent, the missus enjoyed her Burrito, and the kids love the Papas Fritas!

Well worth indulging in from time to time even if it is a fair old drive from Swords!

The last couple of times we got J2 we were disappointed. The fish wasnt that fresh and i'm really sad about this :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭PCros

Telly wrote: »
    The last couple of times we got J2 we were disappointed. The fish wasnt that fresh and i'm really sad about this :(

That's a shame, best place in NCD for sushi!

PCros wrote: »
    That's a shame, best place in NCD for sushi!

I know, used to love their sushi. I'll give it one more shot. The closest place after them for sushi is town so a car journey away. Hopefully it was just a couple of bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Shred

Yes the last time we got Sushi from J2 it wasn't great unfortunately (the Salmon was very 'stringy').

We really enjoy the Oishii Sushi from the counter in Dunnes as an alternative, it seems to be freshly made but does have less options than J2 though; on the other hand we tried the same stuff from Supervalu in Boroimhe once and it most certainly wasn't fresh!

Their volume and turnover of stock has probably been hit hard by Covid, once things return to normal, I would imagine their freshness will be back to top notch as well! It's a shame currently but it must be hard to manage stock levels in a delivery only world with peaks at the weekends and lulls midweek.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I got sushi from J2 a while ago (mid March) and I though it was just as good as ever, so hopefully just a current blip.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Shred wrote: »
    Yes the last time we got Sushi from J2 it wasn't great unfortunately (the Salmon was very 'stringy').

We really enjoy the Oishii Sushi from the counter in Dunnes as an alternative, it seems to be freshly made but does have less options than J2 though; on the other hand we tried the same stuff from Supervalu in Boroimhe once and it most certainly wasn't fresh!

The Dunnes' sushi in Swords is decent enough alright. Not fancy-sushi-night-out standard, but an excellent quick lunch and very fresh.

Got J2 on Saturday and it was amazing, so fresh. They’re back in my good books :)

Nandos is back open for delivery for your Piri Piri Chicken fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Shred

I see The White Moose cafe have a mobile bus parked outside Dunnes at the Pavilions; has anyone tried it yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't, though it's always busy when I'm passing so it seems to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Shred wrote: »
    I see The White Moose cafe have a mobile bus parked outside Dunnes at the Pavilions; has anyone tried it yet?

Yeah, it's really nice in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 39 imPhilip

Not good news for J2 Sushi. they have been served a closure order by FSAI.

"J2 Sushi & Bento (Closed activities: Part of the activities of the business, its establishments, holdings or other premises be ceased namely the preparation and sale of sushi and sashimi), 75 Main Street, Swords, Co. Dublin"

list of reasons can be found FSAI site, can't post the link

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Looks like they have already lifted it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement