Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Takeaways Still Operating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

What we need is a drive through in Swords :)

Indeed, preferably nowhere near Airside! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Long time acoming, but after walking from Malahide to the end of Portmarnock beach yesterday, myself & herself treated ourselves to a "Griolladh". I had the "Chillo" ( I think that's what it's called ) & herself had the "Hambo". Served with real ham, real chicken, on sourdough bread, absolutley delicious, you'd nearly travel out from Swords for it. Will return too, no doubt about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, I've only had one sandwich from them but it was really worth it.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

New one popped up on Just Eat - Bun Bros, no ratings yets, any one tried them yet, any comments / recommendations?

I6LDY41.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

we had burgers from them last week.

The burgers were lovely but the chips were horrid, fat chips that were just not tasty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

In think it's hard to beat Ruby's burgers, though I haven't tried Wow Burgers, Bam Burgers or Bun Bros. We have a ridiculous amount of burger takeaways now in Swords.

I've had Griolladh, it's fab once you're not in a hurry.

In think it's hard to beat Ruby's burgers, though I haven't tried Wow Burgers, Bam Burgers or Bun Bros. We have a ridiculous amount of burger takeaways now in Swords.

I've had Griolladh, it's fab once you're not in a hurry.

Wow Burgers do a damn fine burger, the only thing is their cost on Just Eat etc. is excessive as sadly the likes of Just Eat and Deliveroo rob the restaurants blind. If you order on their own website and drive down to collect the price is more than reasonable and the food is very good.

The other excellent place that doesn't do delivery is the Grill House, also much cheaper if you use their own website, but in this case it's collection only.

Just Eat, Deliveroo and co are really thieving bastads, restaurants are low margin businesses and I would urge anyone ordering from any restaurant in swords, delivery or collection to use the restaurants own website, generally the prices are a fair bit better and more of the money goes into the local businesses pockets and not the Silicon Valley corporate coffers, just my 2c.

Also worth noting the vast majority of Swords delivery or collection restaurants do have their own sites for this exact reason. So do them all a favour and google their website, do Swords businesses a favour and save yourself a few quid at the same time.

Just Eat and co take 15-20% of the order price and tack on an admin fee of 50c or more per order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭The Davestator

https://www.twistedtoppingsswords.com/

Relatively new to Swords, but really good special offers on food and drink. Think its the same people as the Old Schoolhouse. We got a family meal for 27 and couldn't finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Relatively new to Swords, but really good special offers on food and drink. Think its the same people as the Old Schoolhouse. We got a family meal for 27 and couldn't finish it.

Might try these this weekend, serious selection on that menu.

Oh another one for the list would be Indie Spice - https://indiespicegrill.ie/order-online/#/where

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

https://shakerandvine.ie/

Very much still delivering.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Inquitus wrote: »
    Just Eat, Deliveroo and co are really thieving bastads, restaurants are low margin businesses and I would urge anyone ordering from any restaurant in swords, delivery or collection to use the restaurants own website, generally the prices are a fair bit better and more of the money goes into the local businesses pockets and not the Silicon Valley corporate coffers, just my 2c.

Neither of them are USA/Silicon Valley companies, but your point is still fair :)

Possibly the best takeaway right now in Fingal is La Cocina Cuevas, an amazing taco truck inexplicably in a farm near the Naul. Open at weekends and you need to order in advance. The food is amazing, and a good excuse for a nice cycle around the hillier countryside of North County Dublin.

https://lacocinacuevas.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Singer wrote: »
    Neither of them are USA/Silicon Valley companies, but your point is still fair :)

Possibly the best takeaway right now in Fingal is La Cocina Cuevas, an amazing taco truck inexplicably in a farm near the Naul. Open at weekends and you need to order in advance. The food is amazing, and a good excuse for a nice cycle around the hillier countryside of North County Dublin.

Where exactly in the Naul is this located? First I've heard of it.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Where exactly in the Naul is this located? First I've heard of it.

It's near the Naul, on the road between the Naul and Ballyboughal.

https://lacocinacuevas.com/the-trailer-%40-naul

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Rath+Great,+Co.+Dublin,+K32+K797

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Where the Mexican sign used to be near the crossroads before the hi?

Stheno wrote: »
    Where the Mexican sign used to be near the crossroads before the hi?

Yeh, there was a sign there before. Didn't see it the other week when I was there. I'm looking forward to May's menu being revealed soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Nice one thanks. I know exactly where that is.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Also worth noting the vast majority of Swords delivery or collection restaurants do have their own sites for this exact reason. So do them all a favour and google their website, do Swords businesses a favour and save yourself a few quid at the same time.

I'd be a lot more inclined to go direct if they used a named/known card processor/payment gateway. A lot of them have their own Apps these days and want you to store card details in them, but without a fair bit of digging you can't find out who it is you're actually storing your card details with. That's a no no for me anyway!

I'd be a lot more inclined to go direct if they had PayPal or Google/Apple Pay support on checkout.

dar83 wrote: »
    I'd be a lot more inclined to go direct if they used a named/known card processor/payment gateway. A lot of them have their own Apps these days and want you to store card details in them, but without a fair bit of digging you can't find out who it is you're actually storing your card details with. That's a no no for me anyway!

I'd be a lot more inclined to go direct if they had PayPal or Google/Apple Pay support on checkout.

Storing cards is an option, just say no.

It's great, I took the family back in the Autumn, you must ring up and order as they sell out super fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Storing cards is an option, just say no.

You still have to use them for delivery options... ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yeh, there was a sign there before. Didn't see it the other week when I was there. I'm looking forward to May's menu being revealed soon!

It's out now :)

180693283-2987801514784380-1345962474898127349-n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Shred

dar83 wrote: »

I use Revolut in these scenarios - I rarely hold money on the card and top up the amount I need each time which takes just a few seconds.

Nice one for the heads up on Twisted Toppings and especially La Cocino Cuevas folks; I’ve been craving some good Mexican grub!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Rave reviews for this -they have a facebook page if you want to follow them. A colleague recommended them well over a year ago to me, have only heard good things although I have yet to get around to trying it out.
    We are big fans of Haldi in Rush and 54 in Skerries.We rotate between a few different spots week on week, but they have come up trumps every time.The golf club in Rush also does a great 3 course Sunday dinner for takeaway ,worth investigating. :-)

We gave this a lash last night and it was very good - much like our order from Ruby's and The Old Schoolhouse (I mention these as it's the same owner - the transaction came through on my card as 'The Chalk Bar'); everything arrived promptly and was piping hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Must try this out..was aware of something there but wouldn't be in my radar as a normal driving route.

Was looking up Pomodorino there this evening for pizzas for 2 adults and 2 kids. Thought the prices were outrageous! 16.50 and 17.50 for the pizzas we wanted. Have eaten in before but takeaway donest travel as well. Decided not to in the end. Dough Box at at the Brook in Portrane is good for pizzas too and quite a difference in price for wood fired pizza.

Ruby's and Fabio's do really nice pizzas too and aren't as expensive. For Pomodorino's prices you'd want to be eating in and being served.

Ruby's and Fabio's do really nice pizzas too and aren't as expensive. For Pomodorino's prices you'd want to be eating in and being served.

Yep, pizzas from both Ruby's and Fabio's are very good alright.

Bun Bros, great burgers but awful delivery, I'll let them sort it out and try them again in the future, but it was nigh on 2.5 hours from order to delivery and well over an hour after their estimated delivery time, they also sent me the text to say my food was on the way about an hour before it arrived and after I rang them they said i was still second on the list. 4 Stars for the food, 1 Star for the customer service and delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Must try this out..was aware of something there but wouldn't be in my radar as a normal driving route.

Was looking up Pomodorino there this evening for pizzas for 2 adults and 2 kids. Thought the prices were outrageous! 16.50 and 17.50 for the pizzas we wanted. Have eaten in before but takeaway donest travel as well. Decided not to in the end. Dough Box at at the Brook in Portrane is good for pizzas too and quite a difference in price for wood fired pizza.

We got Pomordorino twice recently, not cheap but the pizzas were amazing.

Advertisement