Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Give him the overdrive!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I think this was hacked:

P6PCFBe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ya. Was thinking that today, we will then get him chasing the title again and we all know the chase is the best part. They should drag it out alittle

I wonder can they drag out the current feud until WM 30, I would like to see D Bryan Vs. HHH at some stage with HHH putting him over cleanly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Threads merged. No point in having 2 threads going with the exact same title.

How ridiculously over is Bryan now? It has been a long time since we have seen a spectacle like we have at the end of a PPV and Raw. Sure, the "YES" thing is gimmicky, but he has made it fun. Give the "YES" gimmick to a lesser mortal and it wouldnt be half as popular.

The payoff to this angle had better be huge as they are certainly building it brilliantly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it not a bit tarnished that both of his WWE Title regins have been so embarrassingly short?

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it not a bit tarnished that both of his WWE Title regins have been so embarrassingly short?

To me, what is happening is wrestling 101. A guys popularity starts spiralling upwards, but is not quite ready to actually be the top man. So to keep him relevant THE MAN start screwing with him. The fans stay interested, the character keeps momentum, and leads up to a huge climax where the underdog finally permanently overcomes the odds.

My only issue is that they may have booked themselves into a corner as when he does win it again, will the fans believe he finally has it? Unless there is a "loser leaves town" style stipulation with HHH ultimatley getting the sack?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The only problem with the HHH Power Trip angle is it's being diluted with having Big Show & The Rhodes Family so heavily involved. Will some of Bryan's gained momentum be lost with the storyline spread over so many faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I like the way the story is going, but I wish they had kept the belt off him until Mania. That would have been amazing, here's hoping they go a route similar to Bryan being told he'll never have another title shot again as long as HHH is in charge, defying odd's, winning the rumble and finally getting the shot at Mania - the true underdog against the MAN's odds.

I was thinking it may get stale, as it is so far away - an Orton punt ordered by HHH, and then a return in the rumble would be awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Loughc wrote: »
    The only problem with the HHH Power Trip angle is it's being diluted with having Big Show & The Rhodes Family so heavily involved. Will some of Bryan's gained momentum be lost with the storyline spread over so many faces?

I don't think so, offshoots to the main angle are good and keeps things interesting plus it involves more characters who need to develop.

• Advertisement

WWE.com article about Daniel "Bryan Danielson" Bryan's stint on the indies:
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/history-of-daniel-bryan-part-one

DB2.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Very good article. The links to other stories and photographs are excellent too. Looking forward to Part 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The eye-patch is the best thing he's ever done.

A few nice memories in that small article.

I think watching him develop his career in ROH, PWG and Japan is one of the most satisfying feelings I have had since I have started watching wrestling.

The series with Morishima, Aries, McGuinness, KENTA, Samoa Joe to name but a few are all must see.

I had many disagreements here and elsewhere with people who felt that he was an indie darling who really didn't have much to offer. How wrong they were.

That being said, and I am repeating myself here, I never thought he would go as far as he has and will go (despite making a tongue in cheek prediction years ago he would headline WM30...against CM Punk).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

There has been a lot of talk within WWE about Daniel Bryan winning the 2014
    Royal Rumble match. WWE reportedly has plans in place through Survivor Series
    and some main event plans in mind for the Rumble.

Yes Yes Yes

Remember this post/story: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85273948&postcount=30

Meltzer in the Observer:
    Speaking of Cena, a few weeks back we reported you’d see his face back on TV this month with the Susan G. Komen stuff, and he immediately shot that down saying he wouldn’t be seen on TV until he’s ready to wrestle again. And this past week, when they kicked off their campaign, there his face was as the company spokesperson. Reminds me of the Shawn Michaels deal from four months ago where Michaels talked about how there was a guy who Vince didn’t see as being able to be a top guy, as in put in the main money drawing spot, and Michaels argued for the guy. Keep in mind this coincided with Bryan getting the Cena match that was at first to be at Money in the Bank, but then moved to SummerSlam, before Cena got hurt. I was told at the time he was referring to Bryan. He said that was wrong, that Vince has always loved Bryan, and that it was a 6-3, 240 pound guy he was telling Vince was going to be the next top guy and you’d see it very soon. This was months ago. Yep, they’d ask Michaels, who doesn’t follow the product, about a guy who isn’t the guy he got started, and Cesaro or Sandow have been moved to a top money drawing position on the PPV shows after that conversation.

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes

I highly doubt they know what they are doing in 4 weeks, let alone nearly 4 months.

Daniel Bryan is indeed out of the WWE title picture after the storyline “reset” at least Monday’s Raw. For now, there are no plans for Bryan to contend for the championship.
    There is at least some talk of putting some contention back on Bryan during WrestleMania season but he is in a program with CM Punk and The Wyatt Family for the next few months.
    In WWE’s mind, they made Bryan a star and showed the audience that he can hang with their other top Superstars. The storyline is that Bryan couldn’t overcome The Authority, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, so later on down the line this can be addressed again Source

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Out for the time being. I see Bryan wining the rumble and sending the audience home happy at Wrestlemania

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,006 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It would have been better for Bryan to never have got involved with Trips ala Punk, it did nothing for either bar stall momentum.

Probably been sent down the card as punishment for Summerslam not drawing well:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jester252 wrote: »
    Out for the time being. I see Bryan wining the rumble and sending the audience home happy at Wrestlemania

Then find a way to un-do it the next night on Raw.

Bryan's main event push is dead in the water and his reactions have been getting less over time. He was hot as fcuk at Summerslam before the pointless bait and switches. Now he's back to being a midcarder with Orton, Cena, Punk and even Big Show way ahead of him.

Best Bryan can hope for is something with Michaels. Lumping him with the no hopers that are the Wyatt's will only drag him further from the main event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gorm_0

It's only fair that they took Bryan back to the midcard, the story would have dragged on for far too long. A story with punk and the Wyatts will be good for them up until survivor series/royal rumble as the promos will be unbelievable! I'd say there's some entertaining stuff on the horizon from this group

It's only fair that they took Bryan back to the midcard, the story would have dragged on for far too long. A story with punk and the Wyatts will be good for them up until survivor series/royal rumble as the promos will be unbelievable! I'd say there's some entertaining stuff on the horizon from this group

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Jester252 wrote: »

WWE bring out the big sharks for Mania - Brock, Taker, Rock, Triple H etc so Bryan getting a chance for the spotlight is unlikely. I hope I'm wrong on that. I don't see why WWE won't/haven't pulled the trigger on Bryan as babyface champion on top. They could still have the same awful feud but at least they'd be helping cement a new main eventer.

Perhaps he's a victim of WWE's circular creative BS: Book him poorly so he doesn't get over. Doesn't get over? Book him poorly. They've done so well post-Mania with Bryan, and dropped the ball as soon as they included Triple H in the mix to get himself over circa SummerSlam.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    WWE bring out the big sharks for Mania - Brock, Taker, Rock, Triple H etc so Bryan getting a chance for the spotlight is unlikely. I hope I'm wrong on that. I don't see why WWE won't/haven't pulled the trigger on Bryan as babyface champion on top. They could still have the same awful feud but at least they'd be helping cement a new main eventer.

Perhaps he's a victim of WWE's circular creative BS: Book him poorly so he doesn't get over. Doesn't get over? Book him poorly. They've done so well post-Mania with Bryan, and dropped the ball as soon as they included Triple H in the mix to get himself over circa SummerSlam.

Would HHH ever put him over in a Mania match, I think HHH Vs. D Bryan at WM 30 with D Bryan getting the win clean would be great

Would HHH ever put him over in a Mania match, I think HHH Vs. D Bryan at WM 30 with D Bryan getting the win clean would be great

Can never see HHH putting D Bryan over himself at Wrestlemania 30, although if it did it would take some booking to work at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Then find a way to un-do it the next night on Raw.

Bryan's main event push is dead in the water and his reactions have been getting less over time. He was hot as fcuk at Summerslam before the pointless bait and switches. Now he's back to being a midcarder with Orton, Cena, Punk and even Big Show way ahead of him.

Best Bryan can hope for is something with Michaels. Lumping him with the no hopers that are the Wyatt's will only drag him further from the main event.

This past year Bryan was a tag champion, bet Cena clean, worked with the company highers up (Kane, Cena, Undertaker, Triple H, Vince etc.) and won his first WWE championship. The guy is in with the big boys. As for Summerslam most of the promotional material that I saw was for CM Punk vs. Brock. Bryan, at the time, was just another randomer to give Cena a match such as Henry and Ryback. This was Bryan first major PPV. I would be looking more into Bryan merch figures after the match.

Gorm_0 wrote: »
    Can never see HHH putting D Bryan over himself at Wrestlemania 30, although if it did it would take some booking to work at Mania.

I always thought HHH Vs. D Bryan was the end game of this authority feud

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I could actually see this happening, mostly because H could use it as his go-to "I put guys over, see??" for the next decade. Not enough people remember him 'putting over' Shelton Benjamin anymore :p

Advertisement