Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

thanks for the recommendations for Siro
    I am reluctant to change as I wfh a lot but that could be due to change soon so not as reliant on it and didnt fancy the disrupton of changing and then if it didnt work out, being left out on a limb

willing to give it a shot now?

anyone else with siro in the area with any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Using Siro the last 2 years. Been with digiweb and Vodafone. Getting minimum 500Mb.
    Get Siro in (if you can) see how it goes and then drop other provider if it's virgin or VDSL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,711 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah I'm with Vodafone SIRO, It's very fast but still only get around 400 meg down. It's not faultless though and it's been down for me twice in the last few months. Vodafone TV is basic enough but probably better that Virgin.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

Forgot to say I ditched virgin TV also and gone saorview, FTA satellite and Netflix etc

I've got Sky TV at moment and like to keep TV & Broadband separate in case of one provider going completely down

to date apart from the fiasco with the moratorium delay on the sports during lockdown, sky has been rock solid for 18yrs

I'll look into siro, young lad told me his friend has it living nearby and has no issues with it so should be able to get it where I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Eir contractors were laying cable on the Sallins road last week, looked like fibre but didn’t get to ask. Their sales person said it would be available within a couple of weeks this time last year.... same from Siro, it’s due imminently.... still stuck on ASDL from eir. Was going going to swap to virgin as contract is up, but this thread has put me off...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1sttimebuyer20

anewme wrote: »
    There was only one there last week.

Need to be moved pronto.

You need a fair few complaints registered with the council before the guards will lift a finger unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Any recommendations for someone to build a carport/pergola type construction at the side of a house? Located between Naas/Sallins

Thanks,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Any recommendations for someone to build a carport/pergola type construction at the side of a house? Located between Naas/Sallins

Thanks,

P.

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Any recommendations for a satellite installer who can also mount TVs to the wall?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Any recommendations for a satellite installer who can also mount TVs to the wall?

I can highly recommend a company called TV Solutions. They are based in Delgany in Wicklow and cover the Naas area. Their work is professionally done and they are reasonably priced. You can contact Roderick on either 01-5253589 or 085-1489611.

http://tvsolutions.ie/

cunnijo wrote: »
    I can highly recommend a company called TV Solutions. They are based in Delgany in Wicklow and cover the Naas area. Their work is professionally done and they are reasonably priced. You can contact Roderick on either 01-5253589 or 085-1489611.

http://tvsolutions.ie/

Do they also do home installations?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Do they also do home installations?

Yes they do.

cunnijo wrote: »
    Yes they do.

looks like you will have to wait 2 weeks if you want to use them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I know of a local fella who installs TVs. not sure if he does satellites but will check for you.

I see the travellers are still down at the roundabout and another caravan arrived in overnight. That's 4 now its like a halting site.

Seen a squad car passing and they didn't look sideways so obviously not too interested. Another illegal caravan at the back of Harvey Normals.

Instead of setting up checkpoints to see where everyone is going maybe they could actually police the town.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I see the travellers are still down at the roundabout and another caravan arrived in overnight. That's 4 now its like a halting site.

Seen a squad car passing and they didn't look sideways so obviously not too interested. Another illegal caravan at the back of Harvey Normals.

Instead of setting up checkpoints to see where everyone is going maybe they could actually police the town.

Not sure if we are talking about the same caravan, but I was up in B&Q a few weeks ago and that right turn into the retail park ( after the tradesman's entrance ) there was a caravan parked there then. Surely traders cannot be too happy about this, not a pleasant greeting on entering the complex.

Are we all staycationing in Kildare for the next 2 weeks then?

Yes unless you need to leave the county to go to work, or go to the shops, or go to the doctor or to visit family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Can't leave the county to go to shops.

So people in celbridge cannot go to Lucan, but no problem if they want to spin it Athy :D

Likewise if you are on the Carlow road Athy, you can't shop in Tesco Carlow, but you can go to the celbridge branch :)

• Advertisement

Not sure if we are talking about the same caravan, but I was up in B&Q a few weeks ago and that right turn into the retail park ( after the tradesman's entrance ) there was a caravan parked there then. Surely traders cannot be too happy about this, not a pleasant greeting on entering the complex.

Yes same.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Yes unless you need to leave the county to go to work, or go to the shops, or go to the doctor or to visit family.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhe2010

No. Will be travelling to our prepaid holiday accommodation on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

No. Will be travelling to our prepaid holiday accommodation on Monday

Don't forget your hand sanitiser and face masks :P

I've never heard Kildare called the Midlands before now.
    Has something changed?!

Has something changed?!

Yes. We are now classified as unclean.

Yes. We are now classified as unclean.

Kildare Lives Matter :p

Cancelled staycation :(

So, what are the top 10 glorious sites to behold in Co Kildare? I’ll settle for a top 3 if you think 10 is ambitious :D

Has something changed?!

I find this the most distressing, no way could Naas be considered a midlands town....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I find this the most distressing, no way could Naas be considered a midlands town....

Maynooth, Naas, Celbridge, Leixlip, Kilcock, Clane, Straffan, Kill, Sallins, Johnstown would never be considered midland towns.

Advertisement