Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling News & Rumours Thread ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

Colour me sceptical when it comes to believing a 13 year old killed an adult drug dealer and was able to hide the body and never get caught.

It certainly doesn't tie in with the cowardly Marty Jannetty we see later on, like when he dove through that barber shop window to escape Shawn Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭ThePott

briany wrote: »
    It certainly doesn't tie in with the cowardly Marty Jannetty we see later on, like when he dove through that barber shop window to escape Shawn Michaels.
    ARE YOU BLIND?!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,362 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

WWE has hit another all time low for me now they have teamed up with a gambling company so fans to gamble on NXT results.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WWE has hit another all time low for me now they have teamed up with a gambling company so fans to gamble on NXT results.

While I dont think them teaming with a gambling company is right, how is this an all time low?

Saudi Murder Money? The cover up of sexual assault? The murder cover up?

They were always morally bankrupt. This is no surprise.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    While I dont think them teaming with a gambling company is right, how is this an all time low?

Saudi Murder Money? The cover up of sexual assault? The murder cover up?

They were always morally bankrupt. This is no surprise.

The whole of the wrestling business has been morally bankrupt, historically. It can't really be that much of a surprise, given it's a business that grew out of the carnival, traditionally based on a con. But certainly, the WWE being the leading practitioner of wrestling will naturally enough also be its leading practitioner of seediness and shadiness.

• Advertisement

Marty interviewed today/last night discussing everything he is clearly off his head, It's very sad to see hear him like this he needs treatment and help with mental health

Marty Jannetty is one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda guys in wrestling, who probably could have had a long career in the upper mid card if he'd kept it together. Loads of talent, fair charisma, good look etc. Just seemed to get a bit hung up on the drink and drugs. I remember being taken aback at how good he still was when he started working with WWE again in the mid to late 2000s.

Booker T on his podcast this week is basically insinuating Dixie Carter was shagging half the TNA roster when he was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,163 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I haven't even clicked but pretty scummy of any channel to be interviewing Jannetty in his current state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Booker T on his podcast this week is basically insinuating Dixie Carter was shagging half the TNA roster when he was there.

Sounds like Sharmel kept her eye on him and he’s jealous 😂

• Advertisement

I thought that was well-known around the wrestling world. Scott Hall was on one those Kayfabe commentaries things where he said he kicked himself when he found out, as he found Dixie very attractive and wouldn't have minded a go himself.

I thought that was well-known around the wrestling world. Scott Hall was on one those Kayfabe commentaries things where he said he kicked himself when he found out, as he found Dixie very attractive and wouldn't have minded a go himself.

To be honest I wouldn't believe a word out of Scott Hall's mouth even if he had a gun to his head it would still probably be a lie.

To be honest I wouldn't believe a word out of Scott Hall's mouth even if he had a gun to his head it would still probably be a lie.

Bit harsh. Sure, if he was lying he might as well say he did shag her.

Bit harsh. Sure, if he was lying he might as well say he did shag her.

True he would probably tell the truth for a free drink or some pills.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sounds like Sharmel kept her eye on him and he’s jealous 😂

You know who didn’t keep his eye on him....

Rey Mysterio. RIP Rey’s eye....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Funny hearing about what Booker said about Dixie Carter. Didn't her husband have a bit of a reputation with the women as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,854 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://twitter.com/The305MVP/status/1291910907442769920
    Tonight, I'm drinking "the good stuff". Yamazaki 18 from suntorywhisky is the spirit of choice. I have come to terms with @wwe
    on a multi year deal. MVP is in #thehurtbusiness for the foreseeable future! Kampai!

Like I've said before, fair play to him. I remember seeing him on The Wrestlers and he was having matches in front of really small crowds but he's made the most of his return. I know he's till in front of really small crowds, but still. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good to see wwe investing in Young upcoming talent.

Loughc wrote: »
    Good to see wwe investing in Young upcoming talent.

Hes there to get people over, I see no problem with him. He can speak natutally better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes I think MVP has been doing some great stuff on the mic. I never really thought of him as that good on the mic but he has been very good recently. Good for WWE to nail him down to a contract.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes there to get people over, I see no problem with him. He can speak natutally better than most.

Who’s he getting over? Shelton Benjamin?

Bobby Bland Lashley?

Two of the blandest wrestlers in WWE. Never of them can be taken seriously now after years and years of awful booking

What I will say is MVP is definitely good on the mic. And he is perfect as a mouth piece/manager. But he needs to stay away from the ring and they need to pair him up with better talent.

Bobby Bland Lashley?

Two of the blandest wrestlers in WWE. Never of them can be taken seriously now after years and years of awful booking n

Oh I forgot he’s getting Apollo “ The more I smile the more people will like me right” Crews over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

MVP & Bobby were a main event act in Impact. If they are not getting over in WWE it says more about there booking then there talent.

jface187 wrote: »
    MVP & Bobby were a main event act in Impact. If they are not getting over in WWE it says more about there booking then there talent.

Main event act in impact is like saying this guy was a manager in a lemonade stand.

I do agree with the booking for Bobby bland. They let him in midcard for too long to be taken seriously.

I think MVP would work well with a new star. Like the lad in underground who was 7ft. Pair him with MVP he can be a monster and MVP can be the mouth piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The chap came in as a one off rumble surprise, and through the no crowd era, has grabbed every opportunity that's been given and has been really entertaining. He should absolutely be rewarded just for making shelton Benjamin relative again. He's basically taz in AEW just with the ability to have matches. If he's getting paid for the work he put in during coronavirus, fair play to him.

Tyson Kid running the ropes with Natalya and looking in great shape after everything he went through it great to see him so healthy.

I hope he isn't thinking of returning to the ring.

https://twitter.com/MahaIicia/status/1291463756774404096?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tyson Kid running the ropes with Natalya and looking in great shape after everything he went through it great to see him so healthy.

Leader of retribution ?

Bobby Bland Lashley?

Hes the best things to happen to the very likeable and very talented Apollo Crews.

Main event act in impact is like saying this guy was a manager in a lemonade stand.

I do agree with the booking for Bobby bland. They let him in midcard for too long to be taken seriously.

I think MVP would work well with a new star. Like the lad in underground who was 7ft. Pair him with MVP he can be a monster and MVP can be the mouth piece.

While Impact is a lot lower on the top promition scale, it doesnt mean its a place of lower end talent.

McIntrye is a star and they gave him a platform to redeem himself.

Anyway, do I want to see MVP wrestle each week? No. But hes very capable of getting younger talent over, providing advice and being a watchable of air talent from a promo POV.

• Advertisement

If Edge and Daniel Bryan can, why cant he?

That said Vince wont be arsed about him wrestling now, sure he never was when he was young and healthy. Not worth the risk for Vince.

Advertisement