Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Forum Stats Updates

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The bad news is we were behind on May 2019 by 54 posts.

The good news, we are significantly ahead for the year in total, we destroyed May 2018 & 2017 and we have all survived the lockdown :)

I'm happy with the result I think giving what was happening and the lovely weather things were always going to be down.

But regards of stats we will always be here 365 days of the year! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

24/7 as our friends across the pond like to say :D

Not too surprised about been down slightly posts wise however all things considered is still dam good and we can catch that back up with one well place post about Die Hard or Christmas Shoes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Only down 54 posts is a much better total than I had expected, and still ahead for the year as a whole is great news, if we can get all this lockdown & restrictions business behind us we could end up having a cracker of a christmas build up yet!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just looking at some random stats this morning and it seems to no surprise that Monday is now the most popular day of the week for posts.

What is surprising is Thursday is now the second most popular day for posting!

For some reason i had it in my head Tuesday would have been next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thursday is random. I wouldn't have thought that. :/

Yea, Monday I get but Thursday is a bit random :confused:

I check in here Mon-Fri unless I'm out on site all day... can't say I notice much of a difference TBH, though sometimes Friday does seems quieter.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    I check in here Mon-Fri unless I'm out on site all day... can't say I notice much of a difference TBH, though sometimes Friday does seems quieter.

Saturday is the quietest day of our week, which makes sense for many people it's the first day to unwind and relax from it all.

Sundays to me always remind me of Christmas, I think that was from growing up in an era where places used to close on a Sunday similar to Christmas.

Saturday is the quietest day of our week, which makes sense for many people it's the first day to unwind and relax from it all.

Sundays to me always remind me of Christmas, I think that was from growing up in an era where places used to close on a Sunday similar to Christmas.

Makes sense, I know I only check in the odd time at weekends as usually am away from the pc & don't really like posting from the phone.

• Advertisement

Well I certainly don't add to the total over the weekend. Weekends are my online free time.

I have a vague recollection of a priest or minister giving off when supermarkets started opening on a Sunday up North. Seems strange to now to think that a lot of places wouldn't open on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sunday is the first day of the week for me so I see what's occured whilst I have been away. Thursday I am signing off for the week. I rarely look at the weekend.

So we ended up June 32 posts ahead of last year for the month and we are now 280 posts ahead of last year for the first 6 months of the year.

Good going everyone, no doubt the lack of Summer travel is contributing to the upturn for June :)

So we ended up June 32 posts ahead of last year for the month and we are now 280 posts ahead of last year for the first 6 months of the year.

Good going everyone, no doubt the lack of Summer travel is contributing to the upturn for June :)

Great to see we are back in the black as they say and that we erased half of the May deficit!

Definitely felt busier the last couple of weeks, especially at the start of the week.

How did July go boss??

TRS30 wrote: »
    How did July go boss??

We ended up the month 67 posts ahead of last year.

We are now 347 posts ahead of last year up to the end of July.

July was a fantastic month, again a lot of it was down to people being stuck here and not getting to go away on holidays.

July was a fantastic month, again a lot of it was down to people being stuck here and not getting to go away on holidays.

Great news. I'm jumping on any positive these days, no matter how small :)

Thats just shy of 50 extra posts a month on average, great stuff.
    Genuinely believe we'll have a bumper year on here as with all the misery out in the real world here is a great port to take refuge in...

Genuinely believe we'll have a bumper year on here as with all the misery out in the real world here is a great port to take refuge in...

I purposely didn't log in when I was away as I knew this morning would be horrible logging back to work and coming in here was something to really look forward to.

We have now passed 4,000 posts for the year, surpassing 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 totals for their respective years.

Monday is now the most popular day of the week for posts, with Thursday coming in 2nd and Wednesday a close 3rd.

Monday has pushed ahead by 62 posts. A surprising turnaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We have now passed 4,000 posts for the year, surpassing 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 totals for their respective years.

Monday is now the most popular day of the week for posts, with Thursday coming in 2nd and Wednesday a close 3rd.

Who posts the most? ( Asking for a friend)

Who posts the most? ( Asking for a friend)

That unfortunately Is one stat I don’t have access to.

Was wondering why we were getting a mid month update!

Great news and see you all on the busiest day :)

Have a great weekend guys.

So August is now in the books for another year and I can confirm....

We were ahead of last year's August by 222 posts. Absolutely smashed that. It was the busiest August ever on record for the Christmas forum by some margin. We are now 569 posts ahead of where we were this time last year.

August has steam-rolled into 2nd place for the busiest month so far this year.

A look at the year today, shows our upward trend since May.

NzaiRXj.jpg

So August is now in the books for another year and I can confirm....

We were ahead of last year's August by 222 posts. Absolutely smashed that. It was the busiest August ever on record for the Christmas forum by some margin. We are now 569 posts ahead of where we were this time last year.

August has steam-rolled into 2nd place for the busiest month so far this year.

A look at the year today, shows our upward trend since May.

Am not surprised to be honest. Just seemed to be much busier this summer then last. With the year that's in it i can understand people having more time to post and generally needing the Christmas cheers all year :D

Out of interest LoughC, how many posts are we at in total for 2020? Wondering are we on target to break the next biggest milestone in terms of total annual posts.

Out of interest LoughC, how many posts are we at in total for 2020? Wondering are we on target to break the next biggest milestone in terms of total annual posts.

Annually we are at 4,585.

I think it's fitting of it's own thread, the final peek behind the curtain for 2019.

And the ultimate reveal, the stats for 2019 in it's entirety. As you can see we ended up the year with a fantastic 10,610 posts.

5k7mM9D.jpg

Can we better it in 2020? How can we continue to grow the community? Is 11k our target for 2020 now :eek: :P :pac:

We are really going to have to get motoring in the last 4 months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Jude13

A lot done, more to do (too soon? when was that slogan 2007 and we're still feeling it).

QS vrs roses is worth a yearly 1k of posts.

• Advertisement

TRS30 wrote: »
    We are really going to have to get motoring in the last 4 months!!!

Yeah September 2019 took off like something else last year!

Advertisement