Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Checked my email there so lego replied in regards to getting the refund for 2nd set, so they have received same so mentionedthe money will be credited to my account and then issued to my bank for it to be refunded will take a few days they said. So I reckon end of wk or following wk. Least being sorted. Silly mistake on my behalf won't do that again by ordering 2 by accident but I really think lego should show straight away in your order history any order you make straight away and not a few hours later. Would save a lot of contact with them and stop people like myself contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I wonder would it be anything to do with the difference between paying direct on the Lego site, or using Paypal?

I used paypal for an order last night and the only email I have is "You submitted an order in the amount of xxxEUR to lego.com". Nothing from lego themselves and nothing showing up in my purchase history. Whereas when I have paid directly with Lego in the past I get the "Thank you for your LEGO® Order xxxxxxxxx" email.

Not sure at all. Paid with credit card, got the email about 9 hrs later. But on any other site I have purchased on if I have an account with them it would be there right away in your order history, fair enough the email but they should have it set up you make a purchase it's in your order history right away.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Not sure at all. Paid with credit card, got the email about 9 hrs later. But on any other site I have purchased on if I have an account with them it would be there right away in your order history, fair enough the email but they should have it set up you make a purchase it's in your order history right away.

It seems to me that they validate the orders, before acknowledging them, hence the delay in the "Your order is confirmed" email.

Spocker wrote: »
    It seems to me that they validate the orders, before acknowledging them, hence the delay in the "Your order is confirmed" email.

Bit mad that but probably the case, still should show in order history straight away as even pending and if it needs validation then changes to order confirmation then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

533935.jpegOrdered mine at 1 min past midnight and all still in wArehouse. On the other hand I received this in the post today.....a surprise gift from a colleague as a get well soon present

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

polydactyl wrote: »
    533935.jpegOrdered mine at 1 min past midnight and all still in wArehouse. On the other hand I received this in the post today.....a surprise gift from a colleague as a get well soon present

Im in the same boat. Ive emailed them. Hopefully they assign the freebies with the order so we dont miss out

madalig12 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat. Ive emailed them. Hopefully they assign the freebies with the order so we dont miss out

That’s what I’m worried about. This happened to me before and I didn’t get it. I got a Lego bag instead.....not impressed

I was in the same boat. Paid with PayPal just after midnight and no confirmation email. Rang them yesterday and support said it would be fine, that they has a bit of a backlog but everything would be shipped and double points applied.

Never got an order confirmation email in the end but got an order shipped email last night. So hopefully everyone will get sorted

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I paid by PayPal around 11:30 that night I think (first time I've paid with PayPal) and got my confirmation straight away. I must have gotten in before the rush slowed things down.

All the GWP's and a small purchase shipped yesterday, Ecto-1 still on backorder.

• Advertisement

Just wondering why folks are paying with PayPal? I've always used my card on Lego.com. My extra add ons and GWP for my Ecto-1 order have already been shipped

Just wondering why folks are paying with PayPal? I've always used my card on Lego.com. My extra add ons and GWP for my Ecto-1 order have already been shipped

I usually pay with my card but that night it was still in my trouser pocket across the bedroom, everyone was asleep so I paid by PayPal to keep things that way. Quietly quietly.

Rhyme wrote: »
    I usually pay with my card but that night it was still in my trouser pocket across the bedroom, everyone was asleep so I paid by PayPal to keep things that way. Quietly quietly.

Ah, I see, a sneaky 'add-to-basket' :D

Ah, I see, a sneaky 'add-to-basket' :D

I had the basket full earlier in the evening, just turned on the phone, refreshed the page to make sure the GWP's were added and off I went :)

I did own up though, once I thought of a good excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I use paypal mainly for the reason if anything goes wrong that involves refund/return etc, paypal gives an extra layer of protection (dispute center etc). for lego there is no need for paypal but i use it anyway due to habit ha.

I regret that i didnt get the 2 chinese new year sets and they are out of stock (to qualify for the 150 GWP :< was hesitated whether i should get it last weekend or this black friday weekend.:o

Mine still in warehouse, all in stock, so wondering why it hasn’t shipped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Seems odd.
    I ordered just after midnight Fri/Sat, it shipped at 8pm on Sat, and I got it today.

DPD even managed to do it first try, which is a minor miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jnk883

Mine still in warehouse as well and I ordered just after offer went live. Ordered the NES. My last order only took 2 days to ship and another 3 or 4 days to arrive. But its my xmas present anyway so I guess I can't open it until then anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

jnk883 wrote: »
    Mine still in warehouse as well and I ordered just after offer went live. Ordered the NES. My last order only took 2 days to ship and another 3 or 4 days to arrive. But its my xmas present anyway so I guess I can't open it until then anyway :D

I ordered the NES a few mins after midnight too along with the mini gingerbread house. All still in warehouse too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I was after one set in particular that has been bouncing between in stock and out of stock for the last few weeks. Anytime that I've set up the notify me when it is in stock, it has gone back out of stock by the time I read the email and click the link to go to the Lego website.

On Sunday I had the item page open in a background tab and was just refreshing it every now and then. As it happens on one refresh it was orderable, so I went into the wishlist, add to bag (set A), add to bag (Set b, for the free shipping), went to the cart and figured it would be quicker to click on the paypal button and enter my password than run around the house like a madman getting my card and entering all the details :o

• Advertisement

Just seen there that the ideas treehouse is on back order until Feb. I don't think I've ever seen a set on back order that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Billydoc

Billydoc wrote: »

I ordered the NES a few mins after midnight too along with the mini gingerbread house. All still in warehouse too.

I see my NES order has shipped now!!!

Just seen there that the ideas treehouse is on back order until Feb. I don't think I've ever seen a set on back order that long.

That’s what I bought.....I wonder is that the delay in my order being shipped....,

That’s what I bought.....I wonder is that the delay in my order being shipped....,

If it says in warehouse you should be ok.

Billydoc wrote: »
    I see my NES order has shipped now!!!

Mine too!! Cannie wait

Aha mine just switched to shipped now too.....I probably won’t get around to building the treehouse till 2021 as still have winter village to set up but I wanted the Dickens set in time!

Aha mine just switched to shipped now too.....I probably won’t get around to building the treehouse till 2021 as still have winter village to set up but I wanted the Dickens set in time!

Pics when ur done!

Seen these earlier. I like the look of that x-wing. It's not as detailed as the latest version but for €50 it looks really good

https://9to5toys.com/2020/11/23/lego-star-wars-2021/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Seen these earlier. I like the look of that x-wing. It's not as detailed as the latest version but for €50 it looks really good

https://9to5toys.com/2020/11/23/lego-star-wars-2021/

aye i actually like the both affordable version X-wing and TIE. I did a quick comparison to the previous same x-wing (which is notoriously expensive), the small differences didnt bother me at all, good job lego on this new one.

Love Mandalorian show and they should release more set...i might pick up Razor Crest lets see what do Lego have in store for this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Batwing arrives today. Won't start it until after Xmas but already excited! Baby Yoga will be done before though :D

Advertisement