Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Divisional Weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Is there a reason why the AFC games are on first or is it the TV station's choice? Iirc it was the same last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Christ, I feel so bad for that Colts defense.

They're putting in a heroic performance and the offense is doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Is there a reason why the AFC games are on first or is it the TV station's choice? Iirc it was the same last year too.

Ratings today anyway. Dallas is always going to get the prime time slot over these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

After such a great TD, another shocking missed kick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭franglan

What’s gone wrong with our Vin?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If the Colts D can get KC offense off the field quickly this could get really good.

Got a feeling this is Vinatieri's swansong.

Well that was some bollix penalty against the colts. Game over now.

That is an incredibly harsh penalty.

Not only did he get a block on the kick, but he didn't even really touch him. He went out of his way to avoid him.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Vinatiere and luck are both finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Vinatiere and luck are both finished.

Luck,seriously?

That running into the kicker penalty seemed so unfair. He avoided the kicker and the kicker landed on him. I don't see how that can be a penalty.
    It's cost the Colts any chance they might have had as the drive stayed alive and ended up with a TD.

Bit of a stupid question here that's been on my mind for the past few weeks but haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.
    For drop-kicking a ball, is there any rule prohibiting the kicker dropping the ball on its side and allowing it to bounce up about a foot before kicking it? It would surely be easier to execute in comparison to drop-kicks now given how pointed the ball is.

eagle eye wrote: »
    That running into the kicker penalty seemed so unfair. He avoided the kicker and the kicker landed on him. I don't see how that can be a penalty.
    It's cost the Colts any chance they might have had as the drive stayed alive and ended up with a TD.

Especially since he clearly got a finger to it.

Bit of a stupid question here that's been on my mind for the past few weeks but haven't been able to find an answer anywhere. For drop-kicking a ball, is there any rule prohibiting the kicker dropping the ball on its side and allowing it to bounce up about a foot before kicking it? It would surely be easier to execute in comparison to drop-kicks now given how pointed the ball is.
    No rule against it but the time factor means it would most likely be blocked if he even got as far as kicking it.

Deserved win for KC. Defense were vastly improved today but still think they will give up plenty points to better coached teams. The penalties on the colts were poor and cost them dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Deserved win for KC. Defense were vastly improved today but still think they will give up plenty points to better coached teams. The penalties on the colts were poor and cost them dearly.

Shocking penalties they gave away and a few that didn’t go their way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Coach doing a great job of covering over the Coors cans at his feet on Sky, defensive coverage?........looks a little glassy eyed. Raging Mahomes couldn't do 300yrds passing, cost me a wee bet the fecker. :(

I think it's unfair that the Rams get he Saturday night game and the saints play Sunday.
    No. 1 seed should get the advantage of the extra days rest.

• Advertisement

Erin Andrews still looks real good.

No rule against it but the time factor means it would most likely be blocked if he even got as far as kicking it.

Meant for kickoffs. Would likely give 50/50 chance of recovery (if it goes as well as in my head).

Meant for kickoffs. Would likely give 50/50 chance of recovery (if it goes as well as in my head).
    How would it? There is a fair catch rule so if it's a short kick there will most likely be no attempt to catch and return.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Erin Andrews still looks real good.

Not much of a hot take there EE. Erin is gorgeous.

TD Cowboys. Damn it.

How would it? There is a fair catch rule so if it's a short kick there will most likely be no attempt to catch and return.

Onside kick. Similar to rugby. Kick high without much distance obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

game over, pretty much

Well another stop and score should be enough for the Rams.

Yep and I can go to bed happy and rest up for a big day for Eagles fans. I'm not going to pretend that the Saints aren't a bloody good ball club. My point is the Saints win over the Eagles doesn't count in the Post season. it's a new game and the Saints didn't face nick Foles in the regular season.

• Advertisement

TD Dallas, one possession game after the two point conversion.

Advertisement