Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gap between press doors

Options
  • 08-11-2018 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi,
    I’m hoping someone can advise me please.
    I have a 3.7m wall. I want to put 6 no. 600mm width presses along it. This means I’ll have only 100mm to spare. Is that enough space?
    If I have each set of 2 doors closing flush with each other, I estimate that I could have a gap of 25mm at the start and between each set of 2 presses? Is that sufficient?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

It depends on whether the doors are overlaid or insert. If they are overlaid you must deduct the overlay length ( usually 10 - 15 mm) across the width. If insert they will be flush to the face frame but allow about a 2 mm gap between the opening edges. When you have everything to hand to take measurements and draw it all out on graph paper to get it exactly right.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

recipio wrote: »
    It depends on whether the doors are overlaid or insert. If they are overlaid you must deduct the overlay length ( usually 10 - 15 mm) across the width. If insert they will be flush to the face frame but allow about a 2 mm gap between the opening edges. When you have everything to hand to take measurements and draw it all out on graph paper to get it exactly right.
    Thanks a million

Advertisement