Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online 9/11 sites are been quarantined and taken offline

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

King Mob wrote: »
    But you've avoided the questions again.

Why quarantine it and not remove it?

Why go after some rando conspiracy theorist?

Why allow Alex Jones to keep his website?

Why not go after folks like the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Toof?

And I know you don't like Alex Jones. But you're not much different from him or the people who get suckered in by him. It's just a question of what bull**** you buy.

Maybe they can't go that far for some reason I don't know who manages the Reddit site? Quarantining that site is enough maybe you think it ok to do that i don't.

Kendoc 9/11 was very popular 9/11 site. You would not know that because you are not up to date on the conspiracy stuff. In fact you don't know much about the official 9/11 story either :D

Architects and Engineers for 9/11. Maybe they are hosting the information on their own server? Google would have to remove it? And maybe they will try eventually?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Maybe they can't go that far for some reason I don't know who manages the Reddit site? Quarantining that site is enough maybe you think it ok to do that i don't.
    So the answer is: you don't know.

Your conspiracy doesn't make sense. If they can get reddit to quarantine the sub reddit, there is not sensible reason for why they couldn't get them to remove it entirely.
    Suggesting that they wouldn't do this is silly and childish and shows that you haven't thought your conspiracy theory through at all.
    Kendoc 9/11 was very popular 9/11 site. You would not know that because you are not up to date on the conspiracy stuff. In fact you don't know much about the official 9/11 story either :D
    You have not explained why they targeted him. Again the answer is that you don't know and your theory is nonsense.
    Architects and Engineers for 9/11. Maybe they are hosting the information on their own server? Google would have to remove it? And maybe they will try eventually?
    And again, you don't know. You conspiracy theory doesn't make sense here either.
    If they can make Google move it in the rankings, they can remove the site easily. If they can have some rando's site taken off line, they can do it to others.
    There's no reason why they wouldn't.

You have also dodged my question about why they allow Alex Jones to keep his website.

It's bizarre because you keep changing how the government works and what superpowers you think they have. You argue that they can control google entirely, but then also they can't make google do anything. They can make reddit do whatever they want, except remove a Subreddit, which is something reddit can totally do.
    And this all just begs the question of why they are doing it in the first place.
    Why not just lock up or erase the major conspiracy nuts? Why not just deny them access to the internet?

Cause if you are going to argue that they can't do that, and the worst they can do is what you originally claimed, it's a wonder they ever pulled off the conspiracy..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

For backing up stuff for protection?

Yip, backup any of those 9/11 sites you think are going to disappear

• Registered Users Posts: 45 akeady

The Wayback Engine is your conspiratorial friend - 26th July seems to be the last time it was snapshotted with any content:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/kendoc911.wordpress.com

Conspire away :D

ATB,
    A.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Actually ever since the main platforms booted Alex Jones off, I read that traffic to his Infowars site has decreased, massively

So yeah, it does work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Actually ever since the main platforms booted Alex Jones off, I read that traffic to his Infowars site has decreased, massively

So yeah, it does work

Traffic was initially up out of curiosity, people then realised he was a moron and ignored him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The Nal wrote: »
    Traffic was initially up out of curiosity, people then realised he was a moron and ignored him.

Yup

I am referring to the last few years, his average traffic is much lower now that he's been taken off the main platforms

Some were arguing that this would send him "underground" and thus make him more popular, apparently not

Advertisement