Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Erg trainer, any use?

Options
  • 18-01-2019 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭

It doesn’t seem to get much love even when every other machine is in use, is there a decent upper body element to it, more than say the elliptical?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

silverharp wrote: »
    It doesn’t seem to get much love even when every other machine is in use, is there a decent upper body element to it, more than say the elliptical?

Great bit of kit if you want to ruin your shoulders over time. Very popular in the crossfit world, crossfit being the king of ruined shoulders lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Direct answer to your question: it's a great piece of kit.

If you're finding it taxing your arms or shoulders excessively, you're using it wrong. It's a predominantly core / back driven piece of equipment when used correctly.

Basic technique primer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROVm7zZdV0

I train in a crossfit gym and a lot of people (including the coaches) use excessive shoulder rotation when using it. But they aren't using it correctly.

I'd suggest you start with relatively short interval pieces of work on it. Something like 10*100m w 30s rest between each. Gradually up your intensity and volume as you become more comfortable and consistent using the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Cheers, Ill give it a try

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It’s the next piece of equipment I want but my ceiling is too low for it :(

Dying to get a go of it.

Advertisement