Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today, mark 3 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If it's due to a design flaw - €0.00 to the owner. These things can be very tricky though. Unless it happened to enough of them I'd see it being hard to get BMW to cover costs.
    Nonsense. BMW don't like helping customers out.
    See Nikasil issue
    See N47 timing chain issue
    See E46 subframe issue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭elperello

They did make that Mustang in the hardtop.
    It's hard to say fro the pic if it is a Shelby but nice to see all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

See Nikasil issue
    See E46 subframe issue

Nonsense eh? So I guess that when BMW covered the cost of everything start to finish on my own car with regard the EGR cooler recall along with giving me a replacement car I imagined it all and I did in fact pay them? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

See Nikasil issue
    See E46 subframe issue

I had a catalytic converter get clogged on a 4 year old 318ci back in 2008. Car was just out of warranty and BMW covered the cost of the parts and 70% of the labor despite having no obligation to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Joe 90

el diablo wrote: »
    First time you've seen a Tesla? From where to Monte Carlo? Nice?
    First time I've seen one in use on the road around here. No shortage of up market machinery around, some of it tasty but the first Tesla.

From East London to Monte Carlo, recharging for free along the way, the only bills car ferry and hotels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There was a guy at terranure car show last year who drive to (I think) Marrakesh. He had a model X at the show, not sure if he used that to drive there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Nonsense eh? So I guess that when BMW covered the cost of everything start to finish on my own car with regard the EGR cooler recall along with giving me a replacement car I imagined it all and I did in fact pay them? :rolleyes:

To be fair BMW do have an awful reputation for head in the sand about their design issues. Your EGR cooler issue is different as its a safety issue and BMW are forced to act, as with an airbag problem or similar.

The timing chains, Nikasil etc were not considered safety issues.

rex-x wrote: »
    To be fair BMW do have an awful reputation for head in the sand about their design issues. Your EGR cooler issue is different as its a safety issue and BMW are forced to act, as with an airbag problem or similar.

The timing chains, Nikasil etc were not considered safety issues.

Agreed but the post to which I replied was a reply to my post where I was talking about the damage to that 6 series which someone asked if it was the EGR cooler hence my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Surely the risk of a snapping timing chain and losing all power on the road is dangerous and a safety issue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Surely the risk of a snapping timing chain and losing all power on the road is dangerous and a safety issue

It will stretch in most cases before it will break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

It will stretch in most cases before it will break.

Possibly a stupid question but when it stretches does that just mean its extra rattly and loud?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Possibly a stupid question but when it stretches does that just mean its extra rattly and loud?

Can do. The timing can go out so it could be down on performance and noisy so you would get a few tell tale signs the chain has stretched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

jozi wrote: »
    There was a guy at terranure car show last year who drive to (I think) Marrakesh. He had a model X at the show, not sure if he used that to drive there.

If it's the same person I'm thing of it was a Model S (151 Reg) and I think he went to Edinburgh and then from there all the way deep into the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.

jprboy wrote: »
    If it's the same person I'm thing of it was a Model S (151 Reg) and I think he went to Edinburgh and then from there all the way deep into the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.

It probably was, I don't recall what car he drove. He was at the show with a model X that's what I do remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

jozi wrote: »
    It probably was, I don't recall what car he drove. He was at the show with a model X that's what I do remember

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/customer-stories/ireland-to-morocco-with-our-model-s

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

BMW 3 Series Launch in Joe Duffy BMW:
    [IMG][/img]U1UJ643l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]xowY115l.jpg
    [IMG][/img]6UkQzEzl.jpg

BMW M2 Competition:
    [IMG][/img]jIyZDYBl.jpg
    [IMG][/img]Rbz8Y3El.jpg
    [IMG][/img]GZMdmSol.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

cullow123 wrote: »
    jIyZDYBl.jpg

What's the story with that panel gap :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Bonnet catches are on both sides, I'd imagine one has clicked and the other hasn't. Same things happens on our 1 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

Charger/battery pack plugged in I'd say. Same with an 8 series that they have in the showroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Bonnet catches are on both sides, I'd imagine one has clicked and the other hasn't. Same things happens on our 1 series.

Its on a charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw this recently don't know why it has a 250 badge!

That M2 Competition is class. It has a detuned M3/M4 engine as opposed to the N55 in the normal M2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

That M2 Competition is class. It has a detuned M3/M4 engine as opposed to the N55 in the normal M2.

Yes a class car except for one thing, which once I say it cannot be unsceen, the backbox hangs down soo low it looks like its got a full nappy. The press photos all strangely have that part in shadow all the time..who signed off on that, maybe its some emission thing ????

Jaysus that looks awful! Why not bring the diffuser down a bit more? I can see being a popular aftermarket option whereby someone will offer a diffuser to cover up the nappy.

Also I hope BMW go back to the dual exhaust setup on the 335d/435d as opposed to the twin exhausts. Fine on everything up to the *30d as before but I love the look of the dual exhausts.

And extended storage shouldn't be an option along with the split folding rear seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Slideways

Regularly see these 2 getting their charge on

471215.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Seen my first Kia Stinger GT a few days ago, very pretty car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Vicxas wrote: »
    Seen my first Kia Stinger GT a few days ago, very pretty car.

I often see one on the M50 in Dublin. They are really outstanding, in a sea of boring paddy spec cars.

bit audish at the back though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Saw one in Skerries the other week. Big fan

471237.jpg

• Advertisement

Aren't they sort of a competitor to the M3 and the like? But come with diesels also?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement