Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flyefit IFSC Dublin Opening?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

The changing rooms are tiny, i can only imagine when it ramps up during lunch time it will be a nightmare.

Small lockers and 3 showers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

rafatoni wrote:
    The changing rooms are tiny, i can only imagine when it ramps up during lunch time it will be a nightmare.

Small lockers and 3 showers..
    I had to wait, admittedly only a minute, for a cold shower yesterday.

I can't imagine the gridlock there'll be once the heat is on and people are more likely to linger in the shower. Barely room to dry yourself in the changing area too.

I think I might be done with FlyeFit. Macken Street is still a savage gym (despite the number of people there) and Georges Street is a good gym too, but neither are really convenient for me these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

What, still no hot water? fecksake
    D3V!L wrote: »
    I was there a second time today, a couple of things stuck out for me. The lighting is awful in some parts. I was using a declined bench and I could barely see the bar.
    On the plus side, that's bad lighting for those that like taking damned selfies in the gym :D

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I wanted to try it for a month to check how busy it takes in the morning (pre 8am). Does anybody know a promo code to skip the €25 joining fee? Happy to pay €29 for a trial month but €55 is a bit steep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Any word on the hot water issues ?

• Advertisement

I've started back and I'm in CHQ daily now. The changing rooms are tiny !! I feel like I should be buying the lads a pint before I get changed its that tight in there. How can they think it's acceptable ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Moochy Pugh

Thinking of transferring over from the Spencer & saving myself a few quid.Anybody been there from 9-10 in the morning or 2-3 afternoon how busy does it get?

This place has really started off on the wrong foot. They've now taken to closing off half the downstairs during lunch hours for classes. Leaving no places for warm ups, body weight exercises or stretching.

This place has really started off on the wrong foot. They've now taken to closing off half the downstairs during lunch hours for classes. Leaving no places for warm ups, body weight exercises or stretching.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Thinking of transferring over from the Spencer & saving myself a few quid.Anybody been there from 9-10 in the morning or 2-3 afternoon how busy does it get?

2pm onwards is very quiet, so probably one of the best times to go.
    D3V!L wrote: »

I saw this recently. What is the point of this when there are machines down the back which aren't even used for classes. It makes no sense, having to duck underneath it. The thing here is, the red and white banner across is a fixed mount. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? Unless I guess, speaking from a fitness point of view, limbo-ing underneath it would get you into a nice squat position.. And is it not a fire hazard? What if there is a fire and this slows down the exit for people? A split second could be the difference between escape and..well the worst..

My concern with this gym is the vents. I have been in the free weights section around lunch time and the smell of garlic blasting into the gym is...well just NOT needed when you're working out! I hope they resolve this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

So have these issues been resolved or are they still in full flow?
    I'm contemplating joining but tbh the feedback here really puts me off the idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

Hows the gym now? I'm thinking of joining on a roaming pass using CHQ and Georges Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I used this gym on a one-day pass recently. My only issues with it were that it's missing three pieces of equipment that I personally rely on: (1) regular lat pulldown machine (2) regular seated row machine (3) calf machine.

There were alternatives available for the regular lat pulldown machine and the seated row machine but they were different to what I'm used to so I found it awkward. Calf machine was easy to replace with free weights obviously. But I was just very surprised it didn't have a regular lat pd and seated row, so I'm just passing on the info. You can do a virtual tour on the website to see the equipment yourself, if interested.

I'm a regular user and find the changing rooms are an absolute joke.

They're tiny !!! And there are only 4 showers , 3 of which are so small you have to go out and turn around to wash your him :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭Deviso

I went today, and really enjoyed it. Changing rooms are a bit small, but that doesn't matter. Plenty of requirement, nice gym all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

flyefit are a strange beast.

they do have decent gyms but the secondary support services like changing rooms and customer service are brutal.

the defenders will counter with 30quid a month...but that doesn't really account for shoddy services and no parking. No to mention when an issue arises there was very little communication with customers...

You can pay 30quid a month in many gyms and get clean changing rooms , parking and customer service that will reply to your emails with non-PR speak rubbish.

Yes I voted with my feet/wallet and I did go elsewhere and some nonsense via email over an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Circuital

What's CHQ like now after a year? Is it crazy busy? Any reviews good or bad appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Circuital wrote: »
    What's CHQ like now after a year? Is it crazy busy? Any reviews good or bad appreciated. :)

It's super busy at lunch and after 5pm on workdays, relatively quiet at other times. I go in the morning before work and it's quite empty. When I go at lunch I shower back in the office... there must be 3-4 people waiting for a shower in the men's locker room at lunch time

Cheers.

I was thinking of going at 4pm after work or the occasional morning at 7am.

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    It's super busy at lunch and after 5pm on workdays, relatively quiet at other times. I go in the morning before work and it's quite empty. When I go at lunch I shower back in the office... there must be 3-4 people waiting for a shower in the men's locker room at lunch time

I go once or twice a week at about 6.30am till 8.15-8.30
    It's pretty busy and little different to the lunch times.
    Your definition of "quite empty" wildly differs from mine.
    I'm nearly always waiting on a rack.

and the changing rooms...don't get me started.:mad:

I went for a look initially at lunch and the girl told me it was a lot quieter in the morning.
    of course it wasn't. :)
    Cheers.

I was thinking of going at 4pm after work or the occasional morning at 7am.

it's busy at 7am. imo.

• Advertisement

Jeez waiting on a rack at 06:30. :(

Jeez waiting on a rack at 06:30. :(

well prob 6:45 when I'm there... it's not always...but frequently I am waiting a few mins.

also classes are solidly booked out quick enough when they available (72hours in advance) so gotta be quick.
    that said I've turned up at a few spin classes that are fully booked and there are always a few that don't show.

Cheers. I’ve bit the bullet. :) Will see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I hear their Liffey Valley one is opening this weekend

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

silverharp wrote: »
    I hear their Liffey Valley one is opening this weekend

Badly needed. Not a lot around west Dublin. Should be plenty of free parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

martyoo wrote: »
    Badly needed. Not a lot around west Dublin. Should be plenty of free parking too.

Be interesting if it takes some pressure off their city ones if people have or get roaming memberships?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

I'd say it might. The city ones are crazy busy these days. I think the parking will be a draw for some. Have ye heard the Ben Dunne ads going on about Flyefit? Cringeworthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

I had a look in Liffey valley and Sallynoggin over the last couple of weeks. What's the story with the squat racks facing each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Heiser wrote: »
    I had a look in Liffey valley and Sallynoggin over the last couple of weeks. What's the story with the squat racks facing each other?

I Noticed this in Sallynoggin too, they've doubled up on the racks so you might be squatting and using the mirror to monitor your form and some lad comes in to use the other rack, facing you and starts doing bicep curls.
    Not the smartest setup.

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    I Noticed this in Sallynoggin too, they've doubled up on the racks so you might be squatting and using the mirror to monitor your form and some lad comes in to use the other rack, facing you and starts doing bicep curls.
    Not the smartest setup.

They are like this in the Cork gym as well. Weird at first but you just get on with it.

Advertisement