Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of beauty (quote pics sparingly) - see Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

468043.jpgMy latest addition to the family - Cube Attain GTC SL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Filth absolute filth... the good kind ;)

Maybe not an image of beauty (at least I wouldn't normally post something like this) but this is the latest addition to the stable.

470670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Humble bragging much?!

That's gorgeous.

• Advertisement

fat bloke wrote: »
    Humble bragging much?!

That's gorgeous.

I'm not really a fan of aero bikes, looks-wise.

Raam wrote: »

I'm with you there but That's an expensive bike to buy if you don't fancy the looks! :)

Is it the S5 then that hugs the back wheel more & (imo) looks chunkier as a result? Also a full on side profile doesn't flatter the seatpost.

But yeah, I think what makes that look so good (apart from wheels and colour scheme, which I like) is that it doesn't actually look "that" aero.

Is that the new 2019 S3? - Wheredja pick it up?

Oh and is it a 54 or 56? When you get up to 58+ in cervelos they start to look awfully gangly in the head tube. 54 is the aesthetic sweet spot

I'd like to see what it's like with the lighter coloured tan wall tyres, like the ones on the felt above it. Might look better but thats just my taste. A lovely bike all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Maybe not an image of beauty...

G'wan ourra dat!
    It's luvverly, sure you brought the stand with you, didn't ya?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

very nice raam. Did you build it up yourself?

quick question - what is that in the background - i cant quite see over the wall.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Maybe not an image of beauty (at least I wouldn't normally post something like this) but this is the latest addition to the stable.

Wait a minute, do you carry a bike stand around to photograph your bikes??

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

The fact that it has hi vic decals, I assume this is your new commuter hack? :P

Bike shop took the photo! :) I'm not THAT bad!
    It's a 58cm frame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no prizes for guessing which bike shop so. to be fair, they probably don't have much competition in terms of readily available backdrops.

It's a 58cm frame.

Cool. Surprised at that. Looks great anyway. Definitely an image of beauty.

It's what I imagine an orgasm looks like... well jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Lovely shot/colour scheme. Looks like a big aul HT on it compared to my own 58, I'd probably need a -17!

Plastik wrote: »
    Lovely shot/colour scheme. Looks like a big aul HT on it compared to my own 58, I'd probably need a -17!

It's 20cm, which means I have to run it almost slammed (ok, not quite!) to get the same position as an older race bike (19.5 HT). Smallest HT I have is 17.3. The headset on my S3 has a 7 or 8mm bearing cap so I can go a little lower before resorting to -17!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

This is my machine and I love it.

It a beauty to me anyway and certainly the nicest bike (by a long shot) I've ever owned. Pictures never seem to do it justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭secman

The only other colour I'd go for besides black , although I do have a navy that I wish was black.

• Advertisement

I do love that colour scheme. If I could find that frame at a reasonable price I'd be on it

WMP wrote: »

It a beauty to me anyway and certainly the nicest bike (by a long shot) I've ever owned. Pictures never seem to do it justice.

Beautiful frame. Only reason I didn't get one is cos the missus already has an XR3 and half the club have either the 3 or 4.
    Edit: wait a minute... maybe you are in the same club!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Sweet ride and it has to be that colour or the inverse black/celeste. The bottle cages would have to go though the red isn't doin it for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

iwillhtfu wrote: »

Sweet ride and it has to be that colour or the inverse black/celeste. The bottle cages would have to go though the red isn't doin it for me :D

I used to think the Celeste frames were OTT but seen a few recently and they stand out. Definitely come around on them.
    Very nice looking bike!

I’ve a black/celeste Infinito frame that will build up for summer (same wheels too). Really looking forward to better weather for it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,470 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i saw a pink one (XR3 maybe) a few months back in humphries. wouldn't have expected to like it, but it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Beautiful frame. Only reason I didn't get one is cos the missus already has an XR3 and half the club have either the 3 or 4.
    Edit: wait a minute... maybe you are in the same club!

We're thinking of changing the club name to BianchiCC! :)

Watching highlights of Tour Down Under on Eurosport and liked these, 2019 Ridley Noah Fast Lotto Soudal are on are nice. Not sure about the bar tape tape though.

lotto-soudal-2019-team-bikes1.jpg?itok=nmlDPeKQ

https://road.cc/content/news/254599-pro-bikes-lotto-soudals-ridley-noah-fast-campagnolo-super-record-eps-12-speed

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

Thanks lads!

I used to think the same about the colour but it really grew on me and I wouldn't buy a Bianchi in any other colour now.

Regarding the red bottle cage comment, you aren't the first to say that. I like them but think a lighter shade of red would be better. There is a little bit of red in the frame and wheels so I thought I'd get away with them. I have them from an older bike and wanted to use them. I have a nice set of celeste cages from my last bike (black XR2) but think that's over doing it (and two sets of carbon cages lying unused doesn't seem right). What colour would you suggest? Black is safe but boring I think.

Raam, I'm not in that club but sounds like there is a lot of nice bikes in it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Watching highlights of Tour Down Under on Eurosport and liked these, 2019 Ridley Noah Fast Lotto Soudal are on are nice. Not sure about the bar tape tape though.

lotto-soudal-2019-team-bikes1.jpg?itok=nmlDPeKQ

https://road.cc/content/news/254599-pro-bikes-lotto-soudals-ridley-noah-fast-campagnolo-super-record-eps-12-speed

I see they are on 12 speed EPS groupsets this season.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see what it's like with the lighter coloured tan wall tyres, like the ones on the felt above it. Might look better but thats just my taste. A lovely bike all the same.

Not the best pic ever, but there it is with the good shoes on.

470980.jpg

Advertisement