Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

He just won you a superbowl. There are more important things than draft picks IMO. I'll take him in Washington though, you can have all of our draft picks. We do f*** all with them anyway!

That's exactly the point I was making???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

we'll agree to agree then :)

Seriously though you want all our draft picks for him?

Nope if foles wants to stay he gets to stay if he wants to leave and you want him in division Jesus it'd be some overpay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Donnie Jones just announced his retirement, wonder will celek do the same or will he move to another team, I wonder if he went could we keep Burton or would he cost too much?

Hococop wrote: »
    Donnie Jones just announced his retirement, wonder will celek do the same or will he move to another team, I wonder if he went could we keep Burton or would he cost too much?

Burtons gone no hope we keep him I think he already said we did make an offer but it was laughable.

Any money freed will be used on Nigel bradham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

nerd69 wrote: »
    Burtons gone no hope we keep him I think he already said we did make an offer but it was laughable.

Any money freed will be used on Nigel bradham

They pretty much confirmed that they're unlikely to be able to keep Bradham either. He's gonna get paid.

Burton deserves a chance to start somewhere anyway. He can be a top 10 TE in this league for sure.

Hearing a lot of buzz that the Colts are looking to trade for Vinny Curry. He's a good player but he's not worth the 11m he's due this year. Doubt we'd get much but it would free up cap space. Still there's not a lot in Free Agency this year. Its a very weak class.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    They pretty much confirmed that they're unlikely to be able to keep Bradham either. He's gonna get paid.

Burton deserves a chance to start somewhere anyway. He can be a top 10 TE in this league for sure.

Hearing a lot of buzz that the Colts are looking to trade for Vinny Curry. He's a good player but he's not worth the 11m he's due this year. Doubt we'd get much but it would free up cap space. Still there's not a lot in Free Agency this year. Its a very weak class.

May be no harm we really need to add draft picks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

Michael Bennett, yea or nea?

Michael Bennett, yea or nea?

As long as he keeps his head down and work it's a good signing,

Ya I reckon we have a decent enough locker room to bring one or two character in and the guys still a monster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well training camp has started and the eagles enter as champions. And that's great obviously but is this season destined to be considered a failure if the eagles don't win it again ? We as a fan base went from never having won it all to now having won it all.

So few teams win two in a row that that's probably an unfair expectation but I'd hope they would be there or there abouts. Can't see anyone turning on them for a poor season though

So few teams win two in a row that that's probably an unfair expectation but I'd hope they would be there or there abouts. Can't see anyone turning on them for a poor season though

I know and I hope it doesn't happen but well Eagles fans can turn easily.

I think only six franchises in NFL history have ever won back to back super bowls. It's the packers in the 60's, the steelers in the 70's(twice), the 49ers in the 80's, the Cowboys in the 90's and the Broncos in the late 90's and the Pats in the 2000's. I think that's right.

You see those videos of nfl fans trashing TV's after a bad result, I now understand ha. I wanted to destroy something after that result, what the hell happened

I blame Jim and Doug for the collapse but really disappointed in wentz I was screaming throw it to the left (learned it was Smallwood that was open) on 3rd and 2

We have the jags next if the defense fall apart against them I want Schwartz fired and Mills cut, their offense is in the toilet at the moment no reason we can't stop them, not sure what way their defense is, it has looked Shakey, beat them and then beat the cowboys after the break and we might have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the rushing is the issue. they can't run the clock down in the 4th quarter.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the rushing is the issue. they can't run the clock down in the 4th quarter.

We lack that powerhouse/trucker rb, Blount is a big loss,

Defence suddenly playing off when we had shut them out for the game is a disaster also.

Schwartz seems to go to deep off coverage a bit and teams feast on us when we do bucs this year and giants last year rand out off the top of my head if your standing 10+ yards off an NFL team will take that all day seems like madness to me. When the defence stays aggressive it's top notch but they can't really play prevent

Issues last night.
    The Defense and more accurately the secondary just went to **** in the 4th quarter. That 4th and 10 where Torrey smith was wide open was terrible stuff.

The fact that Smallwood was open and wentz didn't go to him on the final drive and threw it to Jeffrey when he was double covered was a very strange move. I don't know why he did that honestly.

Jake Elliott is not a clutch kicker and missed a FG when the panthers kicker hit one from roughly the same distance in the same conditions last night.

Smallwood and clement aren't the answer at RB. They are good and will work but aren't a power running attack.

The fact that Jim Schwartz plays off the receivers at the strangest times. I mean fair enough I'm not against that thing but if you do it you need corners who can make up the ground and mills and Darby have not been good overall this season at doing that or just general play.

Good things(and there were good things)

Wentz looks good overall and Jeffrey and ertz were feeling it at times yesterday and that needs to be developed more. The Oline was okay and even Big V was fine for the series he came in for Jason peters(which is another issue) but JP is 36 years old and can't go on forever.

Tight win yesterday but they got the job done.
    Roll on to the cowboys game, I think we will beat them. Division will go down between Eagles and Redskins I think.

Underdogs are back tonight would be good fun if nick foles could pull a other one out of the bag

• Advertisement

Underdogs are back tonight would be good fun if nick foles could pull a other one out of the bag

Will be an interesting game, I think if out front 7 get to Mitch early we have a great chance

Hococop wrote: »
    Will be an interesting game, I think if out front 7 get to Mitch early we have a great chance

Fear is the bears front 7 could do the same to foles I actually hunk foles suits us this game more than wentz. Wentz try's to escape whereas foles fires the ball quick. Hopefully if we get it out quick enough we can negate the bears rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Fear is the bears front 7 could do the same to foles I actually hunk foles suits us this game more than wentz. Wentz try's to escape whereas foles fires the ball quick. Hopefully if we get it out quick enough we can negate the bears rush.

Tough game to call. Probably the toughtest of the weekend actually. Personally i think the bears will just shade it but should be a good game

What a game! Another big test this Sunday down south! Nice to see them finally use tate, need to target him more.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles could swap 1st rounders with the Jags at #7 for Foles?

I’m struggling to see where else he could land in a trade for what will be needed.

I can see it making sense him landing in Jacksonville with both teams happy with the swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Am I crazy for thinking the Eagles could swap 1st rounders with the Jags at #7 for Foles?

I’m struggling to see where else he could land in a trade for what will be needed.

I can see it making sense him landing in Jacksonville with both teams happy with the swap?

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/1085622610262675456?s=21

We should send him to Jags and take leonard fournette. he is only 24 and should have years left in the tank. Not sure what other picks we would get though

We should send him to Jags and take leonard fournette. he is only 24 and should have years left in the tank. Not sure what other picks we would get though

Fournette seems injury prone, I know ajayi will be back so maybe having both along with sproles to spread the ball would be good ( blount, ajayi and Clement)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Fournette will also want to get paid, not something we can really afford at the moment. We still have one of the best defenses in football and some of those will be snapped back up, meaning others on FA will leave or get traded. We are right up against the cap wall so it's more so about going to be rebuilding the youth stock this year.

• Advertisement

Foles will only be kept on franchise if we can even find the cap to do that any team that's trading for for him won't give up more than a 3rd or 2nd if we are lucky

Advertisement