Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Divisional Weekend

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Wentz looked happy enough lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

14 early points, then nothing. Not good enough against the Saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Off to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Gutted to lose in that fashion. But played the Saints close till the end. An average regular season, so a playoff win was beyond expectations mid season.

Hoping for Andy Reid and the Chiefs now to bring home the super bowl. Been following the Eagles since 2006 when I started getting into the NFL. So would love to see Reid get a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,362 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's not looking good for the Eagles, but I'll say this at least they weren't blown out like Foxtrol said earlier this evening who basically said it was a done deal. Foxtrol who is a Broncos fan as far as I know, and at least the Eagles franchise aren't a mess like the broncos are. I'm proud of the Eagles team even though they lost. At least it wasn't a forgone conclusion like some hear said it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I wanted to see Foles win another ring but if they were going to lose I'm happy it was due to Alshon f*cking up a simple enough catch.

As I suspected, the superdome really isn't a big factor. It's all everyone was going on about for weeks but against a decent D the Saints aren't great.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I wanted to see Foles win another ring but if they were going to lose I'm happy it was due to Alshon f*cking up a simple enough catch.

As I suspected, the superdome really isn't a big factor. It's all anyone goes on about but against a decent D the Saints aren't great.

Classy Oat23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

It wasnt on Foles and to the neural Nick Foles fan that's all that matters!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It's not looking good for the Eagles, but I'll say this at least they weren't blown out like Foxtrol said earlier this evening who basically said it was a done deal. Foxtrol who is a Broncos fan as far as I know, and at least the Eagles franchise aren't a mess like the broncos are. I'm proud of the Eagles team even though they lost. At least it wasn't a forgone conclusion like some hear said it was.

Not too sure why you're so annoyed over people's predictions, I know it was a tough loss but I'd be more happy they put up such a fight against a very complete team that you were hockeyed by earlier in the season. People just call it as they see it and I don't think anyone was trying to have a go at ye.

Not too sure why you're so annoyed over people's predictions, I know it was a tough loss but I'd be more happy they put up such a fight against a very complete team that you were hockeyed by earlier in the season. People just call it as they see it and I don't think anyone was trying to have a go at ye.

I'm annoyed because it wasn't just a prediction which we all do. It was the way it was phrased. I posted my reasons why I felt the Eagles could win, but if you read Foxtrols post, the Fox crew might as well have gone home and not bothered as it was apparently a cert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Classy Oat23.

I just meant if they were going to lose I'm happy it was Alshon's fault because of the way he was acting before/during/after our game last week. I still wanted the Eagles to win even though most of your fans were unbearable the last 2 weeks.

As I suspected, the superdome really isn't a big factor. It's all everyone was going on about for weeks but against a decent D the Saints aren't great.

I thought the superdome was huge to be honest in Philly we could well have won that game

I just meant if they were going to lose I'm happy it was Alshon's fault because of the way he was acting before/during/after our game last week. I still wanted the Eagles to win even though most of your fans were unbearable the last 2 weeks.

Fair enough Qat23. I'm sorry if reply to you came across as aggressive. As I'm sure you can appreciate I'm annoyed at this moment. I have no personal beef with you as is clear to any fair observer you are a decent skin and a good NFL person. Unbearable ? How exactly ? And you aren't including the Eagles fans on Boards.ie in that comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Who Dat! Absolutley buzzing I am, feels like 2009(actually 2010, but you know 'Mericans') all over again. A Brady vs Brees Super Bowl would be epic!

Just saw that after last night Tom Brady now has more playoff wins than any other QB has playoff appearances. One of the most impressive stats out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Just saw that after last night Tom Brady now has more playoff wins than any other QB has playoff appearances. One of the most impressive stats out there.

That's just ridiculous.

troyzer wrote: »
    That's just ridiculous.
    Even more here: https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/01/13/the-patriots-continue-to-rewrite-nfls-record-books/
    This one stood out.
    The 2010-19 Patriots have officially won more than the 2000-09 Patriots.
    MOST WINS IN A DECADE
    Patriots, 2010-19: 113-31 (.785)
    Patriots, 2000-09: 112-48 (.700)

No wonder people hate the Pats, in this era, they are doing what shouldn't be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

No wonder people hate the Pats, in this era, they are doing what shouldn't be done.

The fans too, tbf.

The fans too, tbf.
    There are some fans of teams without the success of the Pats that crow a hell of a lot more, and some that take shots at the Pats on a repeated basis.
    There are unbearable fans on every teams, the only thing I can say about the unbearable Pats fans is that at least their team has the success behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

There are some fans of teams without the success of the Pats that crow a hell of a lot more, and some that take shots at the Pats on a repeated basis.
    There are unbearable fans on every teams, the only thing I can say about the unbearable Pats fans is that at least their team has the success behind them.

I bet you would like to "test" those fans you knot like. :)

• Advertisement

I bet you would like to "test" those fans you knot like. :)
    Test them? I don't get it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

I mix you up with the PhuckHugh man.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

I mix you up with the PhuckHugh man.

That's a Phuckhugh to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

For a team that loves to lean into the underdog moniker it is weird to be so upset when someone calls them one in not a nice enough way for you. I’ll put it down to being sore after a loss but at least it is good to know that it isn’t just the Pats fans who feel I’m out to get their team. :D

I’ve included below the post you were referring to and I wasn’t really that far off. I flagged that one of the risks to the Saints was coming out cold and that is exactly what happened. In addition to that they went far too aggressive with their play calling and too passive in defense and within 11 minutes they were down 14 points. For the next 49 minutes the Eagles didn’t score a single point and I don’t think even got into field goal range (aside from the end when they needed more) and the overall time in possession was nearly 2:1 in favour of the Saints.

Even my other points were pretty accurate, Foles didn’t play that well (too many floating balls), the secondary wasn’t great (though held better than I thought), and the game last week clearly took its toll on the Eagles team, with them visibly tiring early enough and picking up a number of injuries.

This is a discussion board and I try to call games/issues like I see them. I don't sugarcoat things and sometimes I’m right while other times I couldn’t be more wrong. As a 49ers fan I would have killed to be in the position you guys have been the last two years. I’m sure you’ll lick you wounds and come back stronger next season.
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    I didn't see any team this weekend taking the beating the Chargers are but I think it will be relatively comfortable for the Saints in the last game.

On your positive points for the Eagles - though he's performed miracles in the playoffs I don't think Foles is that good and could come crashing down at any point, the secondary is still stuck together with guys who I think could also fall apart again if pressured like the Saints can, and though they've had injured players returning they also had a war last weekend that went down to the wire while the Saints were at home preparing the last 3 weeks.

Only chance I see is if the Saints come out cold, unlike the other 3 bye week teams, and/or fold under the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

This game got off to such a promising start, second half has been mind numbing.

I really don't understand posts like this. There was nothing mind numbing about the second half. There weren't touchdowns every other drive, but I found it highly entertaining. I was nervous, despite not having a dog in the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

D9Male wrote: »
    I really don't understand posts like this. There was nothing mind numbing about the second half. There weren't touchdowns every other drive, but I found it highly entertaining. I was nervous, despite not having a dog in the fight.

It was a really fascinating contest. The only one of the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I ell asleep at the start of the second half. Watched the highlights this morning. It was no where near "mindnumbing".

Advertisement