Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I finally got some ranked matches yesterday. Today they do an update that removes the match list from ranking mode! So now it's fooking useless again.

Great job

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

batman_oh wrote: »
    I finally got some ranked matches yesterday. Today they do an update that removes the match list from ranking mode! So now it's fooking useless again.

Great job

Yeah removing match list was a terrible idea. And I haven't noticed personally any improvements in the netcode as I accepted matches from people today with supposedly 4 bar connections, only for it to turn out to be a 2 bar connection literally each time so I got demoted as I can't play properly under those conditions. I've quit Tekken 7 online for good, not worth the stress imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Update there on ps4, and finally got to play a few ranked matches. No lag and lots of fun.

Hopefully that's it sorted now and it'll be all solid here on in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Grand might take my Bryan out for a stroll some night this week. Tried a couple of days ago and dear good was that a truly awful implementation of net play.

Grand might take my Bryan out for a stroll some night this week. Tried a couple of days ago and dear good was that a truly awful implementation of net play.

I had a couple more games last night. Perfect first time connections. No lag. All good.

That said it was literally only a couple of games so maybe I was lucky.

Enjoying playing as Eliza. That said I've been hammered a few times online already. Need more practice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tournament Mode is the worst.

3/5 Rounds - Check
    60 Seconds - Check
    Can't Pause - Check
    Can't Skip Intros, or Win Poses - Check - WTF!!!!!

Can't pause... AT ALL. Enough games have done this properly, why are you reinventing the wheel. Hold pause for 2 seconds to make the game pause, it's as simple as that

EDIT: Also worth saying that I played for about an hour and a half yesterday and got game after game of perfect connections. PC, for the record.

A few bad connections this evening as I'm watching Microsofts E3 unveil of the new Xbox X. Yes that's what they called it. Good god.

Anyway yeah not ideal on the connection front. That's me just playing casual matches or whatever their called on this. Not ranked.

Seriously though. Xbox X. Did they not see what happened the Wii U?!

Plus what a **** line up of games so far. Nothing at all showing off the graphical power that in fairness it does have.

Anyway. Back to Tekken.

The PS4 version is a mess. Lagged crap mostly and ages waiting between games. And then spam! TTT2 and T6 put me off tekken - I think this will finish it!

The PS4 version is a mess. Lagged crap mostly and ages waiting between games. And then spam! TTT2 and T6 put me off tekken - I think this will finish it!

Just to give another view on that as I suspect it's pot luck right now being early days on servers etc..

I play on PS4 and so far pretty much all non ranked matches.

I played for about an hour and a half last night.

Not sure how many matches I played in that time but I only had one disconnect and it was the same game that was a laggy mess.

Other than that all other connections were spot on thankfully. Lots of people playing rematches as well which was good fun.

Karma will probably hit tonight and it'll be a lagfest for me but yeah it's been ok for me since it got that patch a few days back.

I assume you mean people button mashing when you talk about spam. I saw a few people repeating the same combo over and over last night but for me I think it's people either trying to learn the move or that's all they have in their arsenal. Either way easy enough to punish even for someone like me who'd be pretty **** at the game.

Might want to check your connection, I was playing last night and it was fine.

• Advertisement

Just to give another view on that as I suspect it's pot luck right now being early days on servers etc..

I play on PS4 and so far pretty much all non ranked matches.

I played for about an hour and a half last night.

Not sure how many matches I played in that time but I only had one disconnect and it was the same game that was a laggy mess.

Other than that all other connections were spot on thankfully. Lots of people playing rematches as well which was good fun.

Karma will probably hit tonight and it'll be a lagfest for me but yeah it's been ok for me since it got that patch a few days back.

I assume you mean people button mashing when you talk about spam. I saw a few people repeating the same combo over and over last night but for me I think it's people either trying to learn the move or that's all they have in their arsenal. Either way easy enough to punish even for someone like me who'd be pretty **** at the game.

Not mashing but more the way the game has gone in general. I've been playing since the first and was at a decent level in T3-T5DR. They were more tactical as you didn't just have a mountain of strings, flying and flipping characters, endless juggles etc. Much more simple with only a couple of launchers and you had to work for them and set things up more. It was based on movement and traps a lot more.
    To actually be competitive on this and to be able to compensate for the lag to read the endless strings with random launchers in the middle just takes a bit more time than I have these days!
    The game has completely changed. Lots prefer it now so just from my point of view!

Not mashing but more the way the game has gone in general. I've been playing since the first and was at a decent level in T3-T5DR. They were more tactical as you didn't just have a mountain of strings, flying and flipping characters, endless juggles etc. Much more simple with only a couple of launchers and you had to work for them and set things up more. It was based on movement and traps a lot more.
    To actually be competitive on this and to be able to compensate for the lag to read the endless strings with random launchers in the middle just takes a bit more time than I have these days!
    The game has completely changed. Lots prefer it now so just from my point of view!

If you're having problems you can ask for tips. I'll send Fergus your way, and I think he's pretty much considered top 3 in Europe these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say. I'm loving this!

I mean I'm still terrible at the game, but I'm really liking learning the game. When I lose I can usually figure out why and work to correct it.

Plus with the latest patch the online is pretty stable.

Have to say. I'm loving this!

I mean I'm still terrible at the game, but I'm really liking learning the game. When I lose I can usually figure out why and work to correct it.

Plus with the latest patch the online is pretty stable.

Same as. Well other than the knowing how to correct it. Lol.

Hi guys,

I really don't want to be clogging up the Tekken 7 chat here but I'm just wondering who's playing this and where's the best place to get your tag's/ID's for PlayStation 4.

Would be nice to play some ye if you're about some evenings. Specifically in Tekken 7.

Mine is murphyebass. Please feel free to add me and ask for a game if you see me online.

Mods please move this if it's out of place. I looked at the discord app thing but it didn't make a whole heap of sense to me. Couldn't see where to put my ID in etc. Maybe I'm thick.

Thanks!!

Online on ps4 is a **** show. 5 minutes wait between games. PC version is a million times a better. Waste of money!

Online on ps4 is a **** show. 5 minutes wait between games. PC version is a million times a better. Waste of money!

Yeah my experience with online has been less than stellar too. I don't really bother with it anymore. Besides, it's all about that offline competition at the end of the day. Are you coming to Celtic Throwdown?

Yeah my experience with online has been less than stellar too. I don't really bother with it anymore. Besides, it's all about that offline competition at the end of the day. Are you coming to Celtic Throwdown?

Not liking the game to be honest, just a messy memory test. Far too many characters were you can just string garbage non stop until a random thing launches

Not liking the game to be honest, just a messy memory test. Far too many characters were you can just string garbage non stop until a random thing launches

The online is complete filth, lag fest. Just had a few games online for the first time in nearly two weeks and it's still really bad. Are you still interested in offline play? Take a look at these Facebook groups and join up if you want:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishfgc/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/776119089139883/

There's offline sessions every Wednesday and the big one, Celtic Throwdown, is happening this September. I know how you feel about the online portion of the game but just forget about it, not worth the stress. Offline all the way, just like in the old days :)

• Advertisement

Well I have to say, the new patch definitely changed things for the better. Although I can still detect input lag from time to time, it's still miles better than what it previously was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

tekken bowling is coming as DLC in august.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Geese Howard from Fatal Fury!!

Geese looks ****ing amazing!!

I know he was rumoured but still it was a cool reveal.

Advertisement