Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lots of people getting the failing to connect thing. I'd say it'll be sorted in a day or two. Usual launch online crap...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I suck at Tekken.

Like I'm so bad! The movement feels so weird to me, but nothing for it to persist and keep practicing.

Haven't even come close to deciding on a main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

batman_oh wrote: »
    Can't connect to any online games outside of laggy tournaments at the moment! 1 v 1 it keeps failing to connect to opponent

Same here, it's pretty atrocious at the moment. Tournaments and player invites seem to work though. Have to make do with that for now until it gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Same here, it's pretty atrocious at the moment. Tournaments and player invites seem to work though. Have to make do with that for now until it gets sorted.

What's your psn? Different account for me on ps4

What's your psn? Different account for me on ps4
    the-domonator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Last two days have been practicing juggles with Josie. Doing abit more practice today versus Xiaoyu and the juggles i learned yesterday aren't working because she has a smaller hitbox or some **** :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Why is this a thing? Harada pls why? It seems to be mostly male characters having the bigger hitbox compared to female. Haven't tested everyone but Anna and Kat have the bigger......box.....and Lee so far of the males having a smaller hit box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Haven't tested everyone but Anna and Kat have the bigger......box
    Ooh er

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say the hardest part of getting this platinum will be getting to play 10 online matches. So hard to get a match. Does anyone know if it matters if they're ranked, player match or tournament, or do they all count towards it?

After that, all I need is to beat Akuma in arcade or treasure, and do 50k damage in practice. This has to be one of the easiest plats in a fighting game. Wouldn't have even gone for the plat except I was popping trophies left right and centre, and the ones it won't let you do in offline Vs you can still do in practice which makes no real sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Stopped giving a feck about 'achievements' a long time ago. 90% of them are just data gathering tools about the playerbase and any real achievement in a competitive FG can't be measured like that.

Having a lot of fun with the game. Just started doing ranked matches yesterday. Frustrating that it's only 1 revenge match per pairing, I think each player should get a revenge match opportunity. Already got hate mail which made me laugh a lot. Brings me back. People have to add you on steam to message you so every time I get a friend invite I have no idea if it's going to be "GGs lets player match later" or "abort yourself spamming c*nt" :D I might stop adding random invites otherwise my friend list might get maxed out. My movement is garbage again. Also I couldn't find a good layout of keyboard and nobody seems to be a vet at it for limb-based combat. Let me know if you find any reliable layouts! I had to revert to DS4 for now.

Any good suggestions for a stick? Had the venom before and it was only ok. Impulse bought a fighting stick mini which sucked and broke!
    I like the look of hori rap4 but that's some expensive stick!

• Advertisement

Stopped giving a feck about 'achievements' a long time ago. 90% of them are just data gathering tools about the playerbase and any real achievement in a competitive FG can't be measured like that.

Generally don't either but they can give you something to aim for and do something different and out of your comfort zone. For example, I've now learnt how to do Hwoarang's 10-hit combo by trying to get the trophy where you have to do one 3 times. I've been playing him since T3 and never bothered to learn it before.

Any good suggestions for a stick? Had the venom before and it was only ok. Impulse bought a fighting stick mini which sucked and broke!

At the moment Qanba look like the best cost/ quality option.

The Panthera is the quickest responding stick out there but does not justify the outlay IMO.

Hori are good all rounders but I always feel they're very lightweight which is off putting for some people.

Penn wrote: »
    Generally don't either but they can give you something to aim for and do something different and out of your comfort zone. For example, I've now learnt how to do Hwoarang's 10-hit combo by trying to get the trophy where you have to do one 3 times. I've been playing him since T3 and never bothered to learn it before.

Something I've learned from all this time playing FGs:

Don't let anyone tell you how to have fun, no one knows how you'll enjoy a game but you!

Also come to tournaments plz

After days of not being able to play online, I finally managed to do so today and nab brawler rank. Here's what I did:
    1. Plug headset into your PS4
    2. Continually spam the x button on your pad, and the occasional square button to reset the search until you inevitably hear "get ready for the next battle"
    3. Read the news or watch something whilst you are spamming x button as you might be doing this for a while
    4. Rank up!

You will eventually get a few games in, you just need to sit there for a while spamming. Once I got up to about 5th kyu, finding games became easier. If you have the patience for this method, then you'll get some games.

I've been paired up fairly regularly in ranked and player search on steam. Seems to be tons of people on. https://steamdb.info/app/389730/graphs/

Highlight from stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149761696

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Christ, the story mode is laughably bad so far. If this is their attempt at matching what Netherrealm do with MK and Injustice... YOU LOSE!

Just wait to you get to the Individual chapters. You'll wonder what drugs Harada was on to come up with those endings [here's a hint. The majority of the cast gets crapped on]

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Just wait to you get to the Individual chapters. You'll wonder what drugs Harada was on to come up with those endings [here's a hint. The majority of the cast gets crapped on]

Yeah, did all them. Disgrace that that's what we get instead of proper arcade endings for characters. Just throwing characters together at random and just doing... whatever for no good reason or logic.

Got the platinum too. Luckily didn't have to wait too long to get facing Akuma in Arcade, and got a few games online to finish it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yeah, did all them. Disgrace that that's what we get instead of proper arcade endings for characters. Just throwing characters together at random and just doing... whatever for no good reason or logic.

Got the platinum too. Luckily didn't have to wait too long to get facing Akuma in Arcade, and got a few games online to finish it off.

I was ticked off myself. When they first announced they were doing a story mode I was hoping that they would start taking it seriously and start developing the characters. Harada clearly didn't try with this.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I was ticked off myself. When they first announced they were doing a story mode I was hoping that they would start taking it seriously and start developing the characters. Harada clearly didn't try with this.

They even managed to give King a pretty good storyline over the last few games with Marduk and Armor King, coming to a huge confrontation at the end of T6. Now his only story in T7 is Armor King and Marduk ended up in hospital after fighting and King enters TKOIF7 to pay for their medical bills. Such a cop out after a story which has been building over the previous 3 games.

I know, I know. Who plays fighting games for their stories etc. But I always enjoy them. They add to the experience even if they're not essential to it, and I now feel no urge to play through Arcade mode with every character to see their endings, since a) they have no arcade endings, and b) the arcade mode is only 5 fights long now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

O... K so the online is ****ed on ps4 I take it.

I finally got a game after 10 or so connection lost's.

Also... Christ I suck. Lots of training needed so probably for the best online is ****ed. Lol

Playing Eliza through arcade mode. She's seems fun to play as.

I'll stop now but just for the record this game is absolutely gorgeous to look at and the gameplay is sooo ****ing tight.

Once they get online sorted I can see this being huge if promoted well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Game is good, but the loading times (PS4) are absolute arse.

The Venom Stick can take arcade-grade Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT joysticks & OBSF-30 buttons.

I have the joystick cable adapter needed, too.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The Venom Stick can take arcade-grade Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT joysticks & OBSF-30 buttons.

I have the joystick cable adapter needed, too.

How easy is it for somebody without a breeze to locate and install what's needed :pac:

They're grand on PC. Are you using the HDD you got with the system? Sony really cheaped out on em', apparently really low RPM. Probably not even worth upgrading it anyway since your opponent's default HDD will be the bottlneck anyway.

How easy is it for somebody without a breeze to locate and install what's needed :pac:

Can be done in an afternoon with 2 screwdrivers.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/202199/newbie-guide-venom-ps4-mayflash-v2-full-sanwa-seimitsu-mod-with-octo-for-116-uk-pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Loading times are even worse on the XB1, according to Digital Foundry they are twice as long at 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If you mean loading into online, I'd agree but that'll be fixed sooner rather than later hopefully but otherwise I'm finding loading ok or something I haven't noticed anyway which is a good thing.

I'm on an original ps4 as well so probably the ****tiest hard drive known to man. Still grand enough so far.

You want poor load times try Lego city undercover!!!

Looking forward to watching ye on twitch later lads. This scrub needs tips. Lol

If you mean loading into online, I'd agree but that'll be fixed sooner rather than later hopefully but otherwise I'm finding loading ok or something I haven't noticed anyway which is a good thing.

I'm on an original ps4 as well so probably the ****tiest hard drive known to man. Still grand enough so far.

You want poor load times try Lego city undercover!!!

Looking forward to watching ye on twitch later lads. This scrub needs tips. Lol
    Even offline.
    Multi-tier stages seem to be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Tournament Mode is the worst.

3/5 Rounds - Check
    60 Seconds - Check
    Can't Pause - Check
    Can't Skip Intros, or Win Poses - Check - WTF!!!!!

Advertisement