Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virginia to Dublin commute

Options
  • 13-12-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, we are considering moving to Virginia, Cavan. We have family there and know that we love it there. However i will be commuting to Stephens Green 4 days a week. I have flexi time and great annual leave. How doable is the commute? Is the 109 bus okay or am I better off driving? Or do you know if there are carpool options? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I did a similar commute from Virginia for a year and IMO the only way to do it would be by car if you have parking in Stephens Green, but it wouldn't be cheap.

As well as the fuel costs, you'll have the 2 tolls each way, and the extra wear and tear on the car meaning more servicing costs, tyres etc.

The bus would work out cheaper but would take a lot longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

There is a bus that leaves Cavan every hour, on the hour but how long it takes to get to Virginia I don't know and on to Dublin but I've done it a few times and it's
    a pleasant enough journey!

Advertisement