Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Links Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

fungie wrote: »
    Does anybody know any good companies that are doing 'staycation' packages this summer? My family want to try some golf courses around the country. The packages don't have to contain accommodation as well.

Fairways and Fundays are doing a lot of packages to courses/areas around the country.

Last year SWING did something similar but I haven't seen anything specific so far this year - they do have golf only packages on their website under 'Special Offers'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

A summary of all of the changes made in Rosses Point over the last 4 years or so. The 15th fairway change is ongoing so doesn't appear correctly in the video clip:

We're open for bookings for whenever we get started again. Don't be shy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,149 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A summary of all of the changes made in Rosses Point over the last 4 years or so. The 15th fairway change is ongoing so doesn't appear correctly in the video clip:

We're open for bookings for whenever we get started again. Don't be shy!!!

Are there plans for open comps by any chance? Want to tick this one off this year

I'm not sure re: Open Competitions. Open Week went ahead last year: it's always on from Aug Bank Holiday weekend to following Sunday (9 days)
    Keep an eye on @CountySligoGC and https://www.brsgolf.com/countysligo/opens_home.php

If I think of it, I'll post details here as and when they come up. Might be something around June Bank Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

New 6th, 7th and 8th in Tralee. Looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Stunning change to 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

Looks great; going on a trip to play there, Ballybunion and Waterville in the summer, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

trip to Clare booked for June,

Do Lahinch or Doonbeg have any current discounted green fees for golf ireland members?
    or even better, any members on here willing to take a 7 handicap with an awful duck hook out for a morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Portstewart are doing a GUI rate of £90 on Monday/Thursday/Friday after 4pm.

I've booked a 4 ball for a Monday and the pro came back to me and said he could book us in for 3pm so maybe they're more flexible on times than advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Soundshkin

trip to Clare booked for June,

Do Lahinch or Doonbeg have any current discounted green fees for golf ireland members?
    or even better, any members on here willing to take a 7 handicap with an awful duck hook out for a morning?

At the moment Lahinch are offering a deal to play the two courses on consecutive days or the same day for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Soundshkin wrote: »
    At the moment Lahinch are offering a deal to play the two courses on consecutive days or the same day for €150.

Link?

On their website at the link below they have a form to fill out to enquire about the GUI rate. When I did this is the rate I was emailed back. I rang up yesterday and booked for the start of next month!

https://lahinchgolf.com/visitors/green-fees/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

On their website at the link below they have a form to fill out to enquire about the GUI rate. When I did this is the rate I was emailed back. I rang up yesterday and booked for the start of next month!

Have emailed them for a price just for the Old course, will report back.

Have contacted Rosses point and the GI rate is 75 from Sunday-Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Cheers, that's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

etxp wrote: »
    Have emailed them for a price just for the Old course, will report back.

Have contacted Rosses point and the GI rate is 75 from Sunday-Friday.

Rosses point told me 130 and lahinch was 150, basically castle course is free.

Anyone think Lahinch will do some Open comps this year or is that a no no there?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Just got the nod for Waterville late July on a Friday. Anyone know if Tralee or Ballybunion will be doing GUI fees? Gonna head down on the Thursday and stay and play somewhere else before hitting Waterville.

Or dare I ask would I get out in Hogs Head on the Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Just got the nod for Waterville late July on a Friday. Anyone know if Tralee or Ballybunion will be doing GUI fees? Gonna head down on the Thursday and stay and play somewhere else before hitting Waterville.

GUI rate Ballb is 125, tralee 120

I would much prefer to go play somewhere like Dooks over Hogs Head, i don't see the attraction to the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

A group of us are heading west in July and got the following GUI green fees:
    Enniscrone - 55
    Carne (27 holes) - 75
    Rosses Point - 70

• Advertisement

elgstring wrote: »
    Enniscrone - 55
    Carne (27 holes) - 75
    Rosses Point - 70

a great line up, Rosses quoted me 75/85 weekends, is there a big group of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

elgstring wrote: »
    Enniscrone - 55
    Carne (27 holes) - 75
    Rosses Point - 70

Enniscrone have upped their price from 40 last year. Trying to get closer to Co Sligo prices/appeal etc maybe.

Carne, fantastic value for the 27 holes. Incredible golf course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Carne is a great course but respectfully a long trek for almost everyone, I've played it for green fees a few times but never more than €40, they seem to have well upped their prices, it's still quite rough in parts, mainly the greens

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭redhill

bailey99 wrote: »
    Enniscrone have upped their price from 40 last year. Trying to get closer to Co Sligo prices/appeal etc maybe.

Carne, fantastic value for the 27 holes. Incredible golf course.

A lot of courses have upped prices a wee bit...
    Seems to be v few Senior Opens aw well, where Green Fees were lower

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Got an email yesterday from Golfbreaks.ie with a deal for June. €379 for a round at Fota and the Old Head with 2 nights accomodation at the Kingsley Hotel. Seems ridiculously good value considering the usual green fee cost of the Old Head alone. I'd assume it may be limited to Monday to Friday, will send an enquiry to clarify. Anybody have any experience with using Golfbreaks before? Nearly seems too good to be true.

KevH1984 wrote: »
    Got an email yesterday from Golfbreaks.ie with a deal for June. €379 for a round at Fota and the Old Head with 2 nights accomodation at the Kingsley Hotel. Seems ridiculously good value considering the usual green fee cost of the Old Head alone. I'd assume it may be limited to Monday to Friday, will send an enquiry to clarify. Anybody have any experience with using Golfbreaks before? Nearly seems too good to be true.

The Old head are charging €130 a round for May and June before going back to the usual fee from July on so I'd say the deal is legit alright.

I think your prices are the quoted ones. Sunday should be the cheaper rate as it's normally relatively quiet. Course is in top shape at the moment.

As for someone complaining about an increase to €55 for Enniscrone, come one lads! That's still great value compared to golf further south. If you're willing to travel that far, €15 surely isn't going to put you off.

My guess is that once things settle down in the next couple of weeks, more domestic bookings will be made and prices will go up based on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

I think your prices are the quoted ones. Sunday should be the cheaper rate as it's normally relatively quiet. Course is in top shape at the moment.

As for someone complaining about an increase to €55 for Enniscrone, come one lads! That's still great value compared to golf further south. If you're willing to travel that far, €15 surely isn't going to put you off.

My guess is that once things settle down in the next couple of weeks, more domestic bookings will be made and prices will go up based on demand.

Agree fully with this. Value for Golf in Sligo is superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

Only 6 of us at the moment. Havent played any of them yet so very much looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭blue note

Has anyone heard of any GUI rates or opens for the Island? I remember hearing that they were considering a Friday open when the lockdown ends. Has anyone heard anything about it since?

Advertisement