Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Park Problems

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

lanciadub wrote: »
    I have to commend your restraint and patience towards the management company.
    If I had my car clamped because my designated space was occupied even after you made them aware of the situation, I wouldn't be considering withholding 120 euro from them .
    I would be making their every working day a misery until I got every cent back and the car was removed from the spot, phone calls, texts, call to their offices etc.

From my reading the OP only informed the clampers and management company after they decided to park illegally also and got clamped.

OP your management company can remove the car but it takes a long time. They need to send a circular to all the members of the Management Company to say that there is an abandoned vehicle and if not moved in a few weeks will be disposed off. I've reported a few in my complex and that's what they have done, unfortunately it's a long slow process as the car owner could easily sue if they don't dot every I and cross every t before disposing of the car.

Yes, that's tricky. You'd have to find one that will extract the money from the owner.
    In fact I think that this would work far better than clamping.
    You can't cut off "gone". Would out a stop to a lot of self entitled clowns

I'd assume that aside from the initial toe fee the storage fee would be collected only when the car is being removed. Therefore the person collecting the car will have to pay that fee. I wouldn't be happy paying the toe fee either but maybe the op could chaege for the information of where the car is to the owner for the appropriate fee when they return and can't find their car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Have to say some ingenious answers given on here. FairPlay lads. Made me smile. Ha biscuit tins.....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

the_syco wrote: »
    OP; demand to view CCTV that shows who abandoned the car there.

Exactly how would that help? Oh it’s some guy wearing a green top and black pants with grey hair............ oh ya, it must be John from walkinstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mad m wrote: »
    Have to say some ingenious answers given on here. FairPlay lads. Made me smile. Ha biscuit tins.....:pac:

Dare you to put 2 metal lids under your rear wheels and pull the handbrake.

Then start flooring it while getting as close to donuts as on can in a front wheel drive car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

mad m wrote: »

Dare you to put 2 metal lids under your rear wheels and pull the handbrake.

Then start flooring it while getting as close to donuts as on can in a front wheel drive car.

Yeah but you’re not going to be able to push a car around just because it’s parked on biscuit tins....

hi_im_fil wrote: »
    Yeah but you’re not going to be able to push a car around just because it’s parked on biscuit tins....

Yes you can. Not going to be easiest job ever but can be done on flat surface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I can confirm a car can be moved quite a distance on biscuit tin lids and some lubricant, added benefit of something to put in your tea afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tiger57

Thanks again to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my original post on this topic and for all the advice. To update everyone:
    (1) The car clamp was removed some days ago, the car park operator say the de-clamp fee was not paid and they suspect it may have been removed illegally. (2) The car has now gone from my space. (3) The Management Agent continue to stand back from the issue, claiming that day to day management of parking is a matter for the car park operator, and that they (the agent) have no authority to remove vehicles. (4) I appealed against the de-clamp fee I was forced to pay (€120) but NCPS rejected that appeal, on the basis that there are signs warning drivers not to park illegally, etc. (5) NCPS say I have the right to appeal their decision to the National Transport Authority within 30 days. (6) I have told the management agent that I am considering placing the entire matter in the hands of my solicitor and that I reserve the right to reduce my next management fee by the €120. (7) I am considering putting a sign on the wall at my space to highlight that it is for the sole use of car reg XX D xxxxx, and I am also thinking of fitting one of those lockable posts to prevent this happening again. (8) Efforts to establish the identity of the offending owner/driver proved fruitless (as I expected) - I had hoped an address would allow me to drop them a note. However, the car tax people did confirm to me -
    without divulging the owners name and address, that the address was not that of the building I live in. (I had thought of a flyer in the mail boxes/on the lift, asking the offender to move the car).
    So that's it. Thanks again for all the advice.

• Advertisement

Fight the fee.

Good it's gone but I know I wouldn't have left the car as it was parked....

Next time super glue a notice onto windows if it were to happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Borderfox wrote: »
    I can confirm a car can be moved quite a distance on biscuit tin lids and some lubricant, added benefit of something to put in your tea afterwards.

Why oh why would you put lubricant in your tea.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

tiger57 wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone who took the trouble to reply to my original post on this topic and for all the advice. To update everyone:
    (1) The car clamp was removed some days ago, the car park operator say the de-clamp fee was not paid and they suspect it may have been removed illegally. (2) The car has now gone from my space. (3) The Management Agent continue to stand back from the issue, claiming that day to day management of parking is a matter for the car park operator, and that they (the agent) have no authority to remove vehicles. (4) I appealed against the de-clamp fee I was forced to pay (€120) but NCPS rejected that appeal, on the basis that there are signs warning drivers not to park illegally, etc. (5) NCPS say I have the right to appeal their decision to the National Transport Authority within 30 days. (6) I have told the management agent that I am considering placing the entire matter in the hands of my solicitor and that I reserve the right to reduce my next management fee by the €120. (7) I am considering putting a sign on the wall at my space to highlight that it is for the sole use of car reg XX D xxxxx, and I am also thinking of fitting one of those lockable posts to prevent this happening again. (8) Efforts to establish the identity of the offending owner/driver proved fruitless (as I expected) - I had hoped an address would allow me to drop them a note. However, the car tax people did confirm to me -
    without divulging the owners name and address, that the address was not that of the building I live in. (I had thought of a flyer in the mail boxes/on the lift, asking the offender to move the car).
    So that's it. Thanks again for all the advice.

Good to hear it’s been moved, you must have a different set up to our residential underground car park. We don’t have an independent operator; I would advise you to check with your management co before you install a lockable barrier as you may be contravening your head lease and may be ordered to remove it at your own cost and be made to make good any damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,507 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Good result but the biscuit tin lids would have been so much more fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Good result but the biscuit tin lids would have been so much more fun :D
    Do you have a car? And access to a supplier of biscuit tins?

Advertisement