Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record video in an apartment block

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There are longer answers but a short one is I'd prefer not to answer my door to anyone/everyone who gets past the apartment building buzzer door without knowing if I want to talk to them.

Then don't answer your door unless someone has rang/text to let you know they are coming or you are expecting a delivery. Same for the buzzer, tell everyone who will be calling to ring or text you when outside and then buzz them in. I know plenty of people who don't answer their door if they aren't expecting anyone, they've even had people knocking on the window while they watch TV to get their attention and still won't answer the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    What is the point in having video unless it records?

You can sell the doorbell at about / under cost and then charge €30 a year for cloud services. No point in asking me I just bought a kettle that I can control from my phone that connected to my wifi by blinking the screen so I'm probably a bit biased.

Someone must like the idea though as Amazon bought the company for a billion dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You can sell the doorbell at about / under cost and then charge €30 a year for cloud services. No point in asking me I just bought a kettle that I can control from my phone that connected to my wifi by blinking the screen so I'm probably a bit biased.

Someone must like the idea though as Amazon bought the company for a billion dollars.

STC, OMG your privacy is now completely gone as the tech company will now know how often you boil your kettle! That’s less concerning than the voice activated services or (my personal hate) Tesco Clubcard (Dunhunby) which was set up to capture data in a manner similar to Facebook. At one point they thought they might spin it off for a goodly approximation of the group’s overall value.

Advertisement