Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I am I've never played any Witcher game ever on any console or pc am looking forward to seeing what this is about
    Just remember it plays perfectly as a standalone (Id say for a big percentage people who bought it it was their first Witcher and most of them will rate it as one of the best games they've ever played).

I played and loved Witcher I, II and read the books and I had no clue what was going on by the time III rolled around, you're not supposed to know who the main female protagonist is or whats happening really so just go with it, explore and enjoy. The tutorial is loooong, stick with it.

And Witcher III is one of the best games ever made but the Blood and Wine expansion is so massive and unique that its up there aswell, best DLC ever, its Witcher IV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Well I just started playing it again too so this thread revived in a timely fashion. I powered through a 100% completist run of I and II in about 4 evenings each. It was insane, but I got everything done in both games entirely.

Just started III on Friday evening and already the color of the world is seeping into my dreams with that off goldish sunshine hue that the Sun casts over the witcher world. And already I have hit content I did not somehow get the first time around. Small side missions and events around the map. I have decided this time not to do any fast travel you see :)

Not much of a gamer usually time wise, only a few hours a week, so this is going to take an age to complete. Hopefully I will finish it before Cyberpunk comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Steo1993f

Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I'm new to Boards.

I'm want to pre-order the digital version of The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch so I can pre-load ahead of time. However, the game is not appearing anywhere for me in the eShop? Is anyone else having this issue? I'd rather not have to buy the physical card tomorrow when it releases.

Thanks in advance! :)

Steo1993f wrote: »
    Hello, I'm sorry if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I'm new to Boards.

I'm want to pre-order the digital version of The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch so I can pre-load ahead of time. However, the game is not appearing anywhere for me in the eShop? Is anyone else having this issue? I'd rather not have to buy the physical card tomorrow when it releases.

You might get better responses in this thread about switch new releases: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057693466&page=426

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Steo1993f wrote: »

Id defo go for the physical copy of this tbh, a digital copy will be massive, which is usually a bad thing for the switch. Unless you're swimming in SD cards..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It's due for release tomorrow October 15

nix wrote: »
    Id defo go for the physical copy of this tbh, a digital copy will be massive, which is usually a bad thing for the switch. Unless you're swimming in SD cards..

Yeah I have a pretty big SD card (think its 128 or 256 gb) with a decent bit of space left so the space isn't a huge concern unless the large file size would effect load times or how the game runs? I'm trying to keep my Switch as a digital only device so I don't need to carry the cards and also the nearest shop that I can buy games isn't that near :(

No sign of it on the eShop for me yet anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

I was waiting for digital too. But it's 28GB so I think I'll end up with physical.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Played the base game to completion on Xbox, then played the base game and all DLC to completion on PC.

God help me but I'm already getting twitchy and fairly sure I'm going to get in on Switch too. Might just wait for a sale.

Just got it from Smyths... Should be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Smyths order is waiting for me to collect GameStop didn't get it from what I hear it's not unusual for switch games to be delayed Argos few and far between too at least it's orderable in Argos. Hoping to pick mine up after appointments this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, my GameStop pre order never arrived. End of week apparently.

chrislad wrote: »
    Cancel and buy from smyths? only 55 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

chrislad wrote: »

Now if you didnt do a pointless preorder in a gamestop of all places, you could have just walked into smyths and got it today no issue and also saved a tenner :P

Still no sign on the eShop. Is it there for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

nix wrote: »
    Now if you didnt do a pointless preorder in a gamestop of all places, you could have just walked into smyths and got it today no issue and also saved a tenner :P

I got it for a tenner with a trade in offer where I got 50 quid for some game during E3. :)

I've already finished it on PC, so I'm not in a rush anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Had a look at the Digital Foundry comparison video, and I'm amazed at the job they did: it does blow out of the water this idea of some games being too sophisticated or complex for the Switch; as while the end result is comparable to the PC version running on Low Settings, Witcher 3 is arguably an edge case for graphical prowess to begin with; plenty of AAA, current gen games don't push the boat out half as much. Basically I still dream of games like the Arkham series or Deus Ex popping up :D

Got enough time-sinks on the Switch though so might wait 'til the price drops and I've got through my backlog first.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭robojet

Gamestop haven't been paying their bills, I would imagine, as Witcher 3 (and Daemon X Machina before it) haven't been stocked on their release dates. Apparently customers were supposed to get an email mentioning a €10 refund for the inconvenience, and I would encourage gamers to think twice about pre-ordering Switch titles with Gamestop going forward.

When they're not sending Link's Awakening Special Editions to the wrong address, of course.

Staff didn't know about the lack of Witcher Switch until this morning, I was told, as part of their "dailies" email.

Hopefully Gamestop can pull out of this talespin they seem to have going on, but it's looking F'ng bad...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Weird. Had no issues with Links Awakening and Astral Chain pre orders, both there on launch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I started this ages ago, couldn't get into it. In light of the current situation, i desperately needed a game to get lost in, so I reloaded this on the PS4 and....well...

Holy bananas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I started this ages ago, couldn't get into it. In light of the current situation, i desperately needed a game to get lost in, so I reloaded this on the PS4 and....well...

Holy bananas.

So jealous of someone getting into it for the first time, you’re in for a treat. Get the DLC packs and chances are you’ll still be playing it after the lockdown. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

martyos121 wrote: »
    So jealous of someone getting into it for the first time, you’re in for a treat. Get the DLC packs and chances are you’ll still be playing it after the lockdown. :D

Oh, i'm well into it now! :D I've been up to 3am some nights over the past few weeks and then getting up for 'work' from home at 7/8 and starting again at 7/8 :pac:

Have the GOTY edition, so i've started on the expansions before i go back to the but finding them quite difficult as i'm only level 30/31. Maybe need to do a few contracts to level up.

I wasn't sure about the amount of cut scenes at first, but the story is very good imo, so i'm willing to overlook that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

martyos121 wrote: »

I bought it on the PS store last night and its currently downloading,i never played it before all i know of it is a youtube video i watched last night before buying it!

I'm the same, tried years ago, couldnt get into it, tried again on switch...couldnt do it... on PS4 now and OH MY GOD! only 40 hours in too but trying to make it last as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Felt the same way. Got it for free off someone on here.

Played an hour or 2. Meh.

Picked it up a month or 2 later, 270 hours later, here we are! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

What an absolutely unbelievable game, nearly 90 hours in, on level 37 starting the second dlc. So so good, tried God of war after beating the main story on W3 but it paled in comparison.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ha, every time that I've advocated this game to people, I've always started off "It's amazing, you'll love it, it's game of the year, hell, the expansion packs were game of the year after this", and once I've finally convinced people to give it a try, I always end the recommendation with "also, just FYI, you have to spend several hours getting through white orchard before you get to the actual game, and then you've got to play for several hours before it actually hooks you, but yeah, game of the year, do it".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I quite liked White Orchard.

:D How does one spend 270 hours on the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

morritty wrote: »
    :D How does one spend 270 hours on the game?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR27swtkDb7Qy9et1d8KWOaiEFDLenab1luBn1GUGCICBMjikJX&s

Advertisement