Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DigiWeb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kopfile1

I'm down to 20mbs and ping of 86 . I'm paying for 500mb ftth wghats the story DIGIWEB ?

apophis32 wrote: »
    Then Prove me wrong, show the evidence that would prove that, then I would Gladly and Humbly apologize, here in this open, public forum, and Would be only Happy to do so.

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

hows that apology coming along ?

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

kopfile1 wrote: »
    I'm down to 20mbs and ping of 86 . I'm paying for 500mb ftth wghats the story DIGIWEB ?

Have you spoken to our support team? Send us a message and we'll arrange a call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

hows that apology coming along ?

In true boards fashion it'll end up being your fault, it's a wonder you haven't been banned for a few days...
    He isn't part of the inner circle...

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ignacius

CoBo55 wrote: »
    In true boards fashion it'll end up being your fault, it's a wonder you haven't been banned for a few days...

That last bit sounds like a demented Trumpism.
    Anyhoo I find the Digiweb service to be too notch as a customer. Not a member of the Illuminati! Promise

• Advertisement

Ignacius wrote: »
    That last bit sounds like a demented Trumpism.
    Anyhoo I find the Digiweb service to be too notch as a customer. Not a member of the Illuminati! Promise

Trump.. What's with this site's obsession with Trump?
    Going by what's happening with peoples experiences with FTTH the last few months I'm glad I stayed with VM, not everyone has the choice unfortunately.
    I don't think FTTH is the holy grail it promised to be.

CoBo55 wrote: »

I'm surprised myself.

Digiweb wrote: »
    Have you spoken to our support team? Send us a message and we'll arrange a call back.
    I rang support this morning and when though I have screen shots of speed tests they want me to download a speed test app to my laptop disconnect everything and then do a speed test... So they can show eir and raise it to level 2. Now. I don't mind all this faff, but when he said I was the only one here heard of getting this problem I nearly laughed. I had the same problem with vodafone every night the 1gb connection would drop to 7mb at the same time 7-11pm. This is ftth fiber to the home. Supposed to be unshared no contention. False advertising again asking with your unlimited which is limited.
    I'm really sick of all this bull**** and will take it further. Currently writing to ask TD's and media outlets I know. It's illegal and a scam. Why pay for 500mb/s ? Of it was any other service there would be fines and outrage.

I rang support this morning and when though I have screen shots of speed tests they want me to download a speed test app to my laptop disconnect everything and then do a speed test... So they can show eir and raise it to level 2. Now. I don't mind all this faff, but when he said I was the only one here heard of getting this problem I nearly laughed. I had the same problem with vodafone every night the 1gb connection would drop to 7mb at the same time 7-11pm. This is ftth fiber to the home. Supposed to be unshared no contention. False advertising again asking with your unlimited which is limited.
    I'm really sick of all this bull**** and will take it further. Currently writing to ask TD's and media outlets I know. It's illegal and a scam. Why pay for 500mb/s ? Of it was any other service there would be fines and outrage.

It isn't contention you're suffering from it's backhaul/routing problems, most probably outside of Ireland. I had terrible problems with sky bb years ago, doing a trace showed the problem to be in the U.K. Birmingham I think was the bottleneck, they couldn't resolve it and let me out early. My father had sky bb at the same time and he never had a bother, his route trace was completely different to mine, his went through Dublin and mine went through Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

I can't believe how bad this is. Every evening my speeds are gone to s###e. It's terrible bad. Speeds are all over the place. Could be 300mb one test, next it's down to double figures. Got 15mb at one stage. On the phone well over an hour doing troubleshooting. This is why i haven't left a review on trustpilot yet, said i'd wait till 12 months should something go wrong. Emailed off screenshots too last night. My problems started when they reduced my upload to the 100mb profile.

• Advertisement

Beautiful internet tonight good win on warzone life is good

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e81d06c9-490d-4adc-a9ef-769502c44dae

Beautiful internet tonight good win on warzone life is good

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/e81d06c9-490d-4adc-a9ef-769502c44dae

Still less than half what you're paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Have you tried reinstalling your network drivers by any chance? I've had issues on an old dual nic motherboard like yours and a driver wipe resolved it. I'm on digiweb siro and have zero issues, it's rock solid.

No I'm only paying for 500mb/s so all good

jimmad wrote: »
    Have you tried reinstalling your network drivers by any chance? I've had issues on an old dual nic motherboard like yours and a driver wipe resolved it. I'm on digiweb siro and have zero issues, it's rock solid.

yeah wiped everything ,all good now must have been a one off not like vodafone every night . I'll keep an eye on it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭allanroche

Hey Silver, I'm thinking of switching to Digiweb so would you mind retesting your setup now through Blacknight in Carlow. I find the Irish Telecom server to be unreliable. For example here is my current connection with VM through the two different servers:

Blacknight

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10611663176

Irish Telecom
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/10611673434

Before they messed my speeds up, i found BT Ireland to have the best results, even on my phone i was getting up to 800mb using wifi 6 on that server. I was consistently getting full speeds on my laptop using all those servers. Usually selects Irish Telecom automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭allanroche

Thanks for that, did you say you have switched to the 500Mb now or should that be 1Gb?

allanroche wrote: »
    Thanks for that, did you say you have switched to the 500Mb now or should that be 1Gb?

1GB rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

If I missed this, apologies. May I ask are you guys/gals on SIRO or OpenEir?

cunnijo wrote: »
    If I missed this, apologies. May I ask are you guys/gals on SIRO or OpenEir?

Siro

Siro

Thanks for that dasilverfox.

As I mentioned in an earlier post if you were on SIRO before the 1st July 2020 you should be on the 1000/200 profile and you should get speeds like this irrespective of ISP? As you will see from the link below I am with Digiweb.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/7a004b03-47d0-45e2-a3a1-f7393b1cb471

I had the same experience with download speeds this time last year. My download speeds dropped by 66% but upload speeds stayed. My pings went from 3-5ms to 10ms+. I persisted and got it moved up to a person in 2nd level support who to their credit followed up with SIRO until it was resolved and even replaced the modem, which at the time made little difference. They even arranged an engineer call out and he tested with his laptop and also experienced the same issues as I did and even changed the ONT with little success. It took 4 months to resolve resulting in I getting 3 months credit from customer support.

So I advise you to persist and if you are using speedtest.net export the results to Excel and send samples before and after your changes happened. I was also advised by the engineer to use Blacknight for the test as the installers use it to confirm everything should be as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

cunnijo wrote: »
    Thanks for that dasilverfox.

As I mentioned in an earlier post if you were on SIRO before the 1st July 2020 you should be on the 1000/200 profile and you should get speeds like this irrespective of ISP? As you will see from the link below I am with Digiweb.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/7a004b03-47d0-45e2-a3a1-f7393b1cb471

I had the same experience with download speeds this time last year. My download speeds dropped by 66% but upload speeds stayed. My pings went from 3-5ms to 10ms+. I persisted and got it moved up to a person in 2nd level support who to their credit followed up with SIRO until it was resolved and even replaced the modem, which at the time made little difference. They even arranged an engineer call out and he tested with his laptop and also experienced the same issues as I did and even changed the ONT with little success. It took 4 months to resolve resulting in I getting 3 months credit from customer support.

So I advise you to persist and if you are using speedtest.net export the results to Excel and send samples before and after your changes happened. I was also advised by the engineer to use Blacknight for the test as the installers use it to confirm everything should be as it should.

Do you recall what resolved the issue?

apophis32 wrote: »
    Then Prove me wrong, show the evidence that would prove that, then I would Gladly and Humbly apologize, here in this open, public forum, and Would be only Happy to do so.

I await your "Proof"

apophis32

A person who never admits fault, never apologises, always blames someone else (like my mother) is usually narcissistic. The main symptom of narcissism is a profound lack of empathy, they just do not 'feel' for anyone else, they are the ONLY important person.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Do you recall what resolved the issue?

As far as I can recall the issue was eventually resolved by SIRO after constant contact from the rep in Digiweb's 2nd level support with evidence provided by me. The rep did mention however that if the engineer called out and found no issue there would be a call out fee of €200 but thankfully he also found the issue and reported back to SIRO. Surprisingly enough the issue was resolved soon after that.

Unfortunately the 2nd level support rep was not made privy to what was in the engineers report to SIRO despite efforts to obtain it.

Digiweb told me the upload change is irreversible, but they have absolutely destroyed my download now. Here is my latest blacknight server speedtest https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/dc0924a8-0a1e-432a-8d1e-15ab496cae72

• Advertisement

As i said in an earlier post i have cancelled with digiweb and will be moving to another provider in the new year. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to sort this out, but they'll be quick enough to take my money. Should i give comreg a call?

Advertisement