Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Orbo goes on demo (sale?) .. breaks physics :-/

• 03-10-2015 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

On Wednesday, 28th October 2015 @ 7pm Irish technology and development company ‘Steorn’ will begin a series of LIVE online webinars showcasing the world’s first commercially available free energy technology – The Orbo “Powercube”.

"The ultimate aim for the company is to license it’s products to the consumer electronics industry…you put this in your product and you never have to recharge it" Steorn CEO (Shaun McCarthy)

Full article here

ORBO-PACKAGING-LID.jpg

Webinar here

Some context from internet archive :
    We had to break open the wind generators and started playing around with them, looking at, (amongst other things), the positioning of the magnets and testing the outputs – one of these configurations produced some strange results… Certain configurations gave calculated results greater than 100% around a closed loop. The core technology is the ability to construct certain magnetic fields, (using permanent magnets). In many ways our technology is like going up and down a hill, (a magnet moves into a magnetic field and out of that field and in doing so gains enery). When other magnetic materials travel around a closed trajectory within these fields a non-zero energy sum is achieved. For a fixed trajectory travel around a closed loop in one direction will gain energy and travel around the loop in the other direction will results in an energy loss. There is a fixed loss and a fixed gain for a specific closed loop. For a closed loop, one direction around the loop will see a gain in energy and the travel in the reverse direction will see a net loss. In some parts of it's movement around the field, stopping and starting at the same place, it will gain energy and in some parts it will lose energy. The gain is larger than the loss. As stated the technology does self sustain, and hence output is connected to input.

Field trials here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Would they ever just f*ck off at this stage. 7 years since they 'cracked it' now and still nothing to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

More Hype , More Funding , More of the same Scam .. Kind of becoming embarrassing at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Did anyone watch the public demo the other night? It was strange to say the least. The whole e-cigarette was weird but I suppose hooking up with Tesla or something was never on the cards. You can see the video on their Facebook page.

Looks like the Orbo O-Cube will be available from December for €1,200.

Worlds first free energy device? I true game changer if its for real. Can it really be a hoax?

Can it really be a hoax?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Did anyone watch the public demo the other night? It was strange to say the least. The whole e-cigarette was weird but I suppose hooking up with Tesla or something was never on the cards. You can see the video on their Facebook page.

Looks like the Orbo O-Cube will be available from December for €1,200.

Worlds first free energy device? I true game changer if its for real. Can it really be a hoax?

Elon Musk would have jumped on it , if it wasn't a massive scam..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Cant believe this is even being discussed in the Physics & Chemistry forum. Should be in Paranormal tbh.

leaked investor video (bad audio) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭TallyRand

celtic_oz wrote: »
    leaked investor video (bad audio) ?

So what is the verdict? Sounds to my ignorant brain that it's a scam....anyone with a more enlightened scientific mind give their thoughts as it seems they are on the cusp of what I would imagine to be the biggest revolutionary device in world history!

TallyRand wrote: »
    So what is the verdict? Sounds to my ignorant brain that it's a scam....anyone with a more enlightened scientific mind give their thoughts as it seems they are on the cusp of what I would imagine to be the biggest revolutionary device in world history!

It's a stupid, impossible scam.

One which has been done over and over by God knows how many people over the last millennium or so.

• Advertisement

This is what I would have thought, however, they seem to have stepped up their "marketing" and seem to be actually launching a tangible product imminently.

Surely they believe they have something, could this be the longest winded scam of all time?

How would Apple or even NASA not be all over them if they were the real deal instead of pub launches which is laughable!

I'm scratching my head but can't let it go at the same time

TallyRand wrote: »
    This is what I would have thought, however, they seem to have stepped up their "marketing" and seem to be actually launching a tangible product imminently.

Surely they believe they have something, could this be the longest winded scam of all time?

How would Apple or even NASA not be all over them if they were the real deal instead of pub launches which is laughable!

Proof is in the pudding I guess. It's obviously been very hard thing to replicate hence the past f ups. But now they seem to have developed a very stable product that recharges itself!
    Its defo isnt a scam, if it was they would have made a run with the € years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

I have a prototype. It's not bad. It wouldn't power your house but it charges my phone just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Morbert wrote: »
    I have a prototype. It's not bad. It wouldn't power your house but it charges my phone just fine.

Seriously?
    You're charging your phone with free magic power from nowhere... :confused:

Forever with no external input?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

Sorry couldn't resist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Sorry couldn't resist :pac:

Meddling mods.... Tsk Tsk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Steorn are not the only company about to announce a "free energy" product. This one looks like an obvious scam. Be careful out there.

o-cube-steorn-orbo-production-line.jpg?resize=720%2C437

Talk of an ophone ?

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ophone
    "A lot has happened in the past week or so involving Steorn – and now be prepared to throw away your phone chargers. With the biggest news coming last night – a Facebook status update from Irish model Rachel Wallace who is the public face of Steorn’s publicity campaign. Rachel is better known as ‘oGirl’ and in just the last few hours ANOTHER Facebook status update from Alex Cordero – who you may recognise as the barman from Slattery’s in the first webinar video.

Both statuses say they have an oPhone in their posession which we take to mean Orbo Phone. Part of Steorn’s marketing blitz is to get the devices out and into the hands of the public to report back on what they find. It is becoming increasingly hard for sceptics to ignore Steorn as more and more members of the public come forward with their stories of how they never need to charge the products."

link

FbYkITU.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Last year I got chatting to a guy while out one night who happened to be involved with Steorn (in a non-technical position it must be said). I left him talk for a while about free energy, dark matter (bizarrely), magnets, 99% of the energy in the universe being unaccounted for, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics not really being a law,...on he went for ages. Then I informed him that I have a PhD in Physics. Was fun to watch him squirm and back track on almost everything he said.

In the end I was getting more and more annoyed that he hadn't a clue how it worked, so made my excuses and left. But the weird thing is that I really didn't think he was trying to scam me. He seemed fully convinced that the technology worked and was a fairly sound fella.

Can't wait to hear how people get on with the actual device. My guess is that there will be quite a few faulty ones or something went wrong during production.

I still find it odd that they have set their sights so low. If you've got a source of perpetual energy I think I'd be aiming higher than e-cigarettes and phone chargers...

Maybe they can use their skills to invent a time machine to go back to a time where a phone design like that was relevant.

How much is it gonna cost?
    whats stopping anyone else from ripping this thing open and harnessing the power of free energy..

Oooh I hope Santa brings me one of those for Christmas 2001!

papu wrote: »
    How much is it gonna cost?
    whats stopping anyone else from ripping this thing open and harnessing the power of free energy..

Rumour is about €480

Nothing, go ahead and knock yourself out!

When I saw the pictures I was hoping there'd be a microUSB charging port somewhere...

So today is the day, I can't imagine they will be around for much longer if this flops after I read all their previous failures

Have a funny feeling it won't be as dynamic a webinar as they've hyped

Their Facebook page seems to have grown by about 40k likes over the last few weeks, so certainly people are taken by the idea

Yeah, it really is make or break for them at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,192 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thermodynamics says no...

Advertisement