Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,361 ✭✭✭✭phog

Perhaps, they're going to do away with the barriers at the entrances to the various estates and do random checks on cars for permits during the game. Less gardai required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I wonder how far it will go. For recent matches I've parked beside Ardscoil Rís.

I thought I posted this earlier :-(

Munster will play Leinster in the Guinness Pro 12 League in Thomond Park on St Stephen’s Day with a 3.00pm kick-off

Mentioned here http://limerickrugby.ie/brian-walsh-is-aware-of-high-expectations/

I wonder how far it will go. For recent matches I've parked beside Ardscoil Rís.

I think the main roads will be ok, it will probably be estates only, I saw a hit & run after one of the games, guys tore the side of a car and just kept going. Also, the guys who think its ok to park up on the green areas don't help.

I used to park in Ballynanty not sure now what I'll do, maybe pay for LIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

phog wrote: »

Munster will play Leinster in the Guinness Pro 12 League in Thomond Park on St Stephen’s Day with a 3.00pm kick-off

Mentioned here http://limerickrugby.ie/brian-walsh-is-aware-of-high-expectations/

Ah no that's a disaster of a time thank you sky sports

• Advertisement

sioda wrote:

it should suit anyone travelling to the game.

sioda wrote: »

Is it? It means people won't be travelling home in the dark on possibly dangerous roads.

sioda wrote:

it should suit anyone travelling, nice time of the day. Certainly suits families.

Edited to add. Using the Boards App and my earlier post still isnt visible nor Thomond's reply. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Yeah I don't think it's that bad a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I'd say people will be still driving home in the dark. It'll be 5 days after the shortest day of the year and people won't be clear of the ground until pushing 5pm.

I don't mind it as a time, though. It gives those coming from Leinster ample time to attend and get home at a reasonable hour with the same being true of those coming from Cork/Waterford.

It's also St. Stephen's Day. A lot of people will want to be back at home with their families or down their local catching up with friends come night time.

Probably the best time for all parties, I'd have thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Wouldn't be surprised if that game is pushed out by a day to the 27th.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I don't know why people are surprised with this. We played on St. Stephens Day in 2009 and 2011 (both against Connacht)

sioda wrote: »

Not necessarily sky sports. Although they since removed it from their site, TG4 listed this game as one they're showing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

Never been a 3 pm kickoff before.
    As someone who doesn't travel always prefer the late games.

Can understand it will be good for travellers though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Hopefully Ulster Connacht will be on after it.

From MR

Bad news for Niall Sacnnell however, the hooker picking up a fractured wrist during pre-season and will be out for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Will probably lose out on alot of supporters that go to the races in Limerick and then onto Thomond park.
    Strange time. St. Stephens day I find is a day where people tend to have a routine in the morning and the afternoon.
    Would have loved to see this game at 6pm at earliest

Volvic12 wrote: »
    Will probably lose out on alot of supporters that go to the races in Limerick and then onto Thomond park.
    Strange time. St. Stephens day I find is a day where people tend to have a routing in the morning and the afternoon.

Great point about the races. Nobody benefits if they clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Is it? It means people won't be travelling home in the dark on possibly dangerous roads.
    Perhaps someone could run a course on the use of headlights....:D

Strange time. St. Stephens day I find is a day where people tend to have a routine in the morning and the afternoon.

Forgot about the races, certainly woukd have an impact on the attendance.

Munster should look for a Saturday or Sunday game so, while they races run for a few days the big day there is almost certainly St Stephen's Day.

• Advertisement

Munster should look for a Saturday or Sunday game so, while they races run for a few days the big day there is almost certainly St Stephen's Day.

Van Den Heever got injured today to the point that he won't play tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Van Den Heever got injured today to the point that he won't play tomorrow.

His knee apparently, fingers crossed it's nothing major and they're just being careful

athtrasna wrote: »
    His knee apparently, fingers crossed it's nothing major and they're just being careful

Didn't read good on Twitter. Wing is one of our best positions in terms of depth thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭letowski

From MR

Bad news for Niall Sacnnell however, the hooker picking up a fractured wrist during pre-season and will be out for 6 weeks.

Thats disappointing for the lad. He had a bad injury too last year that kept him sidelined. Hopefully he can get back on track soon as he is an excellent prospect.

Lucky we have a few options anyway.

letowski wrote: »
    Thats disappointing for the lad. He had a bad injury too last year that kept him sidelined. Hopefully he can get back on track soon as he is an excellent prospect.

Lucky we have a few options anyway.

Is Sherry fit?

Munster Rugby website had this to say of Sherry yesterday:

'Back-row Dave O'Callaghan continues to increase the intensity while rehabbing his right knee injury, with Mike Sherry continuing to integrate back into training.'

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18858.php#.U-ZI8_ldUbg

Hopefully he will get back to full fitness within the next month or two.

Prediction from Munsterfans is that Munster play Daveta (Fiji) tomorrow in the QF. They looked great v San Francisco but tied v Moscow and of course we beast them 17-5. Still means we have to beat them twice to progress.

Shame about losing GdvH and hopefully he'll be back for the beginning of the season.

• Advertisement

Hopefully, some good news on Gerhard's injury

From twitter

Colm Kinsella (@ckSportLeader) tweeted at 10:24 PM on Sat, Aug 09, 2014:
    Early indications are that the knee injury Gerhard van den Heever picked up at the World Club 7's today is not serious #munster #rugby

letowski wrote: »
    Munster Rugby website had this to say of Sherry yesterday:

'Back-row Dave O'Callaghan continues to increase the intensity while rehabbing his right knee injury, with Mike Sherry continuing to integrate back into training.'

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18858.php#.U-ZI8_ldUbg

Hopefully he will get back to full fitness within the next month or two.

DOC2 really had a bad run of it last year, only made five senior appearances the last of which was Zebre in February. He turns 25 next January so this could be a make or break season for him. POM is out until October so there's a spot for him to fight for.

What is concerning about Scannell's injury is that all the other senior hookers appear not to be 100% right now, that are all rehabbing or just back training. Ger Slattery might be needed again!

DOC2 really had a bad run of it last year, only made five senior appearances the last of which was Zebre in February. He turns 25 next January so this could be a make or break season for him. POM is out until October so there's a spot for him to fight for.

What is concerning about Scannell's injury is that all the other senior hookers appear not to be 100% right now, that are all rehabbing or just back training. Ger Slattery might be needed again!

Yeah your right, it's worrying enough. At least one positive is that we have Edinburgh, Zebre and Treviso first before the Ospreys come at the end of September.

I think wrt Dave O'Callaghan is that the lad has just too much competition. It must have being frustrating for him last season, especially after seeing Bulter moved out of position into his, meaning he is like fourth now in pecking order. He also has had injury woes.

I think the lad just needs to bit a bit more of a divil on the field. He should use his great physique more (6'5 and over 17st), and bring a more physical and aggressive edge to his game, that the position demands nowadays. Could you imagine how good Peter O'Mahony would be if he was his size!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Dave O'Callaghan needs to look at a move to lock if he wants to stay at Munster. Too much competition at 6 for him to break through but with the age profile of our second rows he could easily force his way into the reckoning next season. Life after POC and DOC wouldn't be too bad with himself, Foley and Ryan available.

Dave O'Callaghan needs to look at a move to lock if he wants to stay at Munster. Too much competition at 6 for him to break through but with the age profile of our second rows he could easily force his way into the reckoning next season. Life after POC and DOC wouldn't be too bad with himself, Foley and Ryan available.

I'd agree with the theory, he played there for the Ireland U20's with O'Mahony Zebo, etc. a few years ago iirc.

He would have alot of work to do with his skillset though. He would need to move ahead of Holland for a start but could find an opportunity during the international breaks with POC and probably Ryan on duty.

• Advertisement

More injury woes

Munster Rugby (@Munsterrugby) tweeted at 11:42 AM on Sun, Aug 10, 2014:
    A bruised knee rules Shane Buckley out today.Hooker Ollie Clough comes in from combined squad. Played for England Students #LimerickWC7s

Buckley was immense yesterday will be a huge loss today. That's two of our panel gone now.

More injury woes

Munster Rugby (@Munsterrugby) tweeted at 11:42 AM on Sun, Aug 10, 2014:
    A bruised knee rules Shane Buckley out today.Hooker Ollie Clough comes in from combined squad. Played for England Students #LimerickWC7s

Buckley was immense yesterday will be a huge loss today. That's two of our panel gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

LOD stretchered off at 7s. Hopefully just precautionary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Risteard wrote: »
    LOD stretchered off at 7s. Hopefully just precautionary.

He was back in the stand for the semi, some strapping on his thigh and knee

Munster finished in 7th place, we were beaten by Fiji and Moscow Saracens both of whom we beat yesterday but injuries cost us badly. I think Fiji had us anyway but Moscow should have been beaten.

We put in a good performance against Blue Bulls for 7th spot.

During the competition we lost GdvH, Buckley and LOD hope none of the injuries are too serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Luke O'D is just after rehabbing from a medium-term leg injury...the poor guy seems injury-prone.

Update of sorts on the injury front

Cian Tracey (@CianTracey1) tweeted at 8:02 PM on Sun, Aug 10, 2014:
    Gerhard van den Heever & Luke O'Dea had knee scans. Neither likely to be long term casualties. Shane Buckley (shoulder) pulled as precaution

LOD injured again. The poor bloke is cursed.

Fri 5 Sep vs Edinburgh
    Fri 19 Sep vs Zebre
    Sat 27 Sep vs Ospreys

Fri 10 Oct vs Scarlets
    Fri 28 Nov vs Ulster
    Fri 26 Dec vs Leinster

Munster home games in the Pro12 that have been confirmed. All those Fridays are a bollix, I'm sure there are quite a few people with a season ticket who don't live close to Limerick who are pretty annoyed right now.

On the first 14 matches it looks like 10 will be televised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Fri 5 Sep vs Edinburgh
    Fri 19 Sep vs Zebre
    Sat 27 Sep vs Ospreys

Fri 10 Oct vs Scarlets
    Fri 28 Nov vs Ulster
    Fri 26 Dec vs Leinster

Munster home games in the Pro12 that have been confirmed. All those Fridays are a bollix, I'm sure there are quite a few people with a season ticket who don't live close to Limerick are pretty annoyed.

On the first 14 matches it looks like 10 will be televised.

Cheers for that thomond (out with the diary now :D)The half seven kick off doesnt suit me the best though gggggr.
    Think herself wont be impressed when i try to convince her can i go to a match on a friday nigth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

All those Fridays are a bollix, I'm sure there are quite a few people with a season ticket who don't live close to Limerick who are pretty annoyed right now.

yep:mad:

The Zebre match isn't even televised and it's still on Friday. That's bull****.

crasy dash wrote: »
    Will it not be carried on Italian tv like last year i remember watching a live stream of the match?

It's on in Limerick.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement