Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apollo Saturn V - Wow

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In the comments for that article is an estimate of $900 for brick-linking the parts to build it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mine is still sitting in the box unopened. I need to find time... anyone know where to look ?;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've been looking at this set as a Christmas purchase, so recalled that there was a thread on it. The problem is, I don't think I could build it unless it had a display case similar to the below.

497947.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Got it for Christmas and love it.
    Had an idea to display it like this(attached) but need to fine tune it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

Got it for Christmas and love it.
    Had an idea to display it like this(attached) but need to fine tune it

That's a cracking display idea. Let us know how the fine tuned one looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

I'm looking to get this (late I know), anyone know any shops that still have it in stock? Or even good places to buy online?

Looking online amazon.co.uk have it for €195 but amazon.com is much cheaper at €109 even if you are on the cost of addresspal to have it delivered here from the us. Has anyone bought Lego from the us and had it delivered like that?

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

I'm looking to get this (late I know), anyone know any shops that still have it in stock? Or even good places to buy online?

Looking online amazon.co.uk have it for €195 but amazon.com is much cheaper at €109 even if you are on the cost of addresspal to have it delivered here from the us. Has anyone bought Lego from the us and had it delivered like that?

You'll get hit with the customs charge when An Post bring it in. Theres a couple on Adverts if you want to stay local. Try Bricklink for a wider European selection, theres an unopened one in Hungary for €119 + delivery

You could also try eBay Uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have one here unopened that I bought direct from Lego when it was launched. Probably not going to build it at this stage so it's there if your interested.

Edit: meant to say I'm not looking to make a profit so I'll let it go for what I paid and we can arrange delivery/collection/postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Reati

It was still in stock on lego Ireland website like a week ago pity ya just missed it as its gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I have one here unopened that I bought direct from Lego when it was launched. Probably not going to build it at this stage so it's there if your interested.

That's a strong candidate for keeping mint in box in the attic...

Thargor wrote: »
    That's a strong candidate for keeping mint in box in the attic...

Probably but it's a waste to have it sitting there. I had planned on displaying it but space is tight at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Finally started building mine yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Dunno much about this site - but its £109 there - have seen these very often in Science Museums. Its very popular and I think Lego have brought it back once before - so might again.

https://www.alza.co.uk/toys/lego-ideas-21309-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-d5137402.htm

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ozmo wrote: »
    Dunno much about this site - but its £109 there - have seen these very often in Science Museums. Its very popular and I think Lego have brought it back once before - so might again.

https://www.alza.co.uk/toys/lego-ideas-21309-nasa-apollo-saturn-v-d5137402.htm

That site has red flags all over it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

irishgeo wrote: »
    That site has red flags all over it.

Looks ok to me https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.alza.co.uk

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Edit: meant to say I'm not looking to make a profit so I'll let it go for what I paid and we can arrange delivery/collection/postage.

Okay that for that I'm definitely interested I'll send a pm soon!

Reati wrote: »
    It was still in stock on lego Ireland website like a week ago pity ya just missed it as its gone now.

I know:mad:
    Ive had a tab open on my browser for about a month and when I went to buy this week it was sold out!!

Okay that for that I'm definitely interested I'll send a pm soon!

No worries at all. At least someone can enjoy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Spocker wrote: »
    You'll get hit with the customs charge when An Post bring it in.

If the total cost of the item and shipping is less than €150, there is no customs duty. Vat may be applied however.

More info here.

Advertisement