Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Jigg79

Hi @izzyflusky @climber59
    For phase one I queued the evening before the launch date. The security man said we would be there all night but I had heard that someone would call by with numbers. After about 1.5hrs one of the main sellers arrived and issued us a number for the next day.

Been told last month that the show houses would be ready for February but perhaps it is delayed now until March. I'd imagine that's when phase 2 will be sold. :/

Seems to be about 20 houses almost complete right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Jigg79 wrote: »
    Hi @izzyflusky @climber59
    For phase one I queued the evening before the launch date. The security man said we would be there all night but I had heard that someone would call by with numbers. After about 1.5hrs one of the main sellers arrived and issued us a number for the next day.

Been told last month that the show houses would be ready for February but perhaps it is delayed now until March. I'd imagine that's when phase 2 will be sold. :/

Seems to be about 20 houses almost complete right now.

Thanks! And have they given you a timeline for the one you bought?

izzyflusky wrote: »
    Thanks! And have they given you a timeline for the one you bought?

Been told June but I'm sure it will be later.

Go to YouTube forward slash K8-lDwBGBF8 and you can see the latest from Somerton. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Hi @Jigg79 - sorry I missed this last week. Thanks for the update. As a matter of interest, what time did you start queuing at and where there many there?

Hopefully you'll get in without too much delay!

• Advertisement

I was trying to look this up but do any of the houses have driveways?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

I was trying to look this up but do any of the houses have driveways?

Most do, from what I can tell of the simulated plan. Some have lay by parking to the side. The driveways dont seem to have divisions between the houses though. See 3mins into this video for a drive through simulation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YnBwfhs5Lc

Quick question for anyone who has bought. Do they give you the option for an extension when you put down your deposit or is the planning permission just in place for you to do it yourself?

I see from the plans that some house types come with an extension option and was wondering how that works?

climber59 wrote: »
    Hi @Jigg79 - sorry I missed this last week. Thanks for the update. As a matter of interest, what time did you start queuing at and where there many there?

Hopefully you'll get in without too much delay!

Hey. I got there about 6pm and left at maybe 8pm or earlier. There were about 5 cars queuing at the time.

Thanks a mil for that - it's really good to have the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 LKJ80

Hi, This may already be answered in a previous thread, but does anyone know when phase 2 is due for release? Have tried to get answers from Savills, but not get any response to my calls/queries. Also does anyone know on the plans which houses will be included in the release?

They were saying end of February but are now saying it's looking like March. They said we'll get plenty of notice so hopefully that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Hi all

Like many on here I'm interested in a Phase 2 house in the Somerton development, but one HUGE sticking point for me is the proximity of the proposed traveller site to the Somerton development.

I know that they've said that this has been relocated to Tandy's lane, but does anyone know exactly where that is in relation to the phase 2 development?

From looking at the original site plans (2016) on SDCC website it seems as the proposed location is less than a kilometre from the houses that are going to be launched for phase 2, but not knowing the area (or what's been going on with the plans) I'm not sure if anyone on here would have a better grasp of the geography than I would?

Additionally it seems (going from the July 2017 development plans that were submitted to SDCC) that a large part of the development which was originally proposed as houses has now been changed to 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. Disappointing, but not unprecedented I guess.

Any information is appreciated!

@The Rook - Very valid point and that is a cause of concern for me too in relation to the proposed traveller site. You mention the July 2017 development plans. Do you have a link to a copy of this doc that you can share? Also you mention the houses that are going to be launched for phase 2. Do you have sight of which houses are to be included in phase 2? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elukaa

Hi , i know this thread is a bit old but just looking for a bit of information. I am currently looking at buying a 4 bedroom house on somerton grove in the first phase of building. I am just a bit concerned as the only available houses seem to be 3 houses in a row . Numbers 4,6 and 8. Would anyone know why this row wasn't picked? Feel a bit wary buying there now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 three putt

It seems strange that if there was so much interest/demand for houses in this development - as per previous comments on this thread - that there are still properties available (number 4, 6 and 8 Somerton Grove). Anyone know why this is? Are there issues with these particular houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elukaa

That's why I am concerned. Was onto the estate agent about it but waiting on their reply. Really love the somerton development but very nervous now about purchasing one of these houses as seems odd that nearly one whole row hasn't sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 New2018

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone on here has a floor plan of the 3 story 5 bedroom semi detached house. We have the brochure but this house doesn’t seem to be in it.
    Thank you

Copy attached. You'll find all house types and plans here
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=6431&regref=SDZ16A/0005&r=&l=&prop=&name=

Was there a priceguide for those?

• Advertisement

Was there a priceguide for those?

nope. I imagine somewhere between the 4 bed detached (470) and the 5 bed detached (575) but that's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

LKJ80 wrote: »
    @The Rook - Very valid point and that is a cause of concern for me too in relation to the proposed traveller site. You mention the July 2017 development plans. Do you have a link to a copy of this doc that you can share? Also you mention the houses that are going to be launched for phase 2. Do you have sight of which houses are to be included in phase 2? Thanks

You can see it all here!

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5922700

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Hi ,

For anyone who booked in Phase 1 ASH type house,the boiler and HWC are now been moved.HWC is moved to utility from the living room and the boiler is in the kitchen.Please find the layout picture attached incorporating the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Missy28

Hi all, I'm interested in buying in phase 2 of Somerton and am finding all your info really helpful. Can I ask about the 10k booking deposit, do they need to see full mortgage approval along with this? We've been approved for the help to buy scheme aswell but currently still in mortgage approval process. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Macaroon

Missy28 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm interested in buying in phase 2 of Somerton and am finding all your info really helpful. Can I ask about the 10k booking deposit, do they need to see full mortgage approval along with this? We've been approved for the help to buy scheme aswell but currently still in mortgage approval process. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Hey,
    Approval in principle is sufficient along with the €10k to secure a property, and then you’ll need full mortgage approval for signing contracts.
    Good luck!

Macaroon wrote: »
    Hey,
    Approval in principle is sufficient along with the €10k to secure a property, and then you’ll need full mortgage approval for signing contracts.
    Good luck!

Thank you for replying @macaroon Can I ask if you experienced putting the booking deposit down? If so what was the process? See a house you want from plans say you want it and then reserve w your documents? Or if someone else on this thread who has gone through the process of putting booking deposit down can please advise I just want to gauge how it could go when they release phase 2. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Macaroon

Missy28 wrote: »
    Thank you for replying @macaroon Can I ask if you experienced putting the booking deposit down? If so what was the process? See a house you want from plans say you want it and then reserve w your documents? Or if someone else on this thread who has gone through the process of putting booking deposit down can please advise I just want to gauge how it could go when they release phase 2. Thanks again.

It’s good if you know beforehand which house you want, or a selection of possibilities. On the day you need your approval in principle letter from your bank, €10k deposit and solicitors details. Not sure about HTB docs. If you register before the release date the estate agent will send out an email notification of what’s needed on the day, and at that stage you should know what houses are being released in phase 2.

Macaroon wrote: »
    It’s good if you know beforehand which house you want, or a selection of possibilities. On the day you need your approval in principle letter from your bank, €10k deposit and solicitors details. Not sure about HTB docs. If you register before the release date the estate agent will send out an email notification of what’s needed on the day, and at that stage you should know what houses are being released in phase 2.

Perfect thanks, yeah I'm registered with them so I'll see what info they provide me with. The Ash is our preference but I'm sure they'll be in high demand. Hopefully it won't be crazy ques on the day.

Hi All, 
    The post that was put up recently with the drone footage on you tube of Somerton at end of Dec was great to see...

From walking past the site last weekend, it looks like lots more has been done. If anyone knows of anymore drone footage or aerial shots can they post here......my curiosity is getting the better of me!! Only so much you can see through the fence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

Hi All,

Does anybody know when the possession of Phase 1 is going to be given?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement