Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCD bound 2011

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

Tradesmann wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Did anyone who accepted an offer from UCD at round 0 stage get their information packs from the college yet or what's the story? Got nothin here yet and just wondering : /

Cheers

AFAIK they dont get sent out until the LC get their offers at round 1

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Shrugging Atlas

Any word yet on when you select your optional module? Previous years seemed to have had a week or two into the course before having to choose, but not clear if that's the case this year or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tradesmann

I still didnt get any course timetable etc or module info from ucd even though I accepted a place in grad med...should i be contacting them or am i getting my jocks in a twist over nothing? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I would be very surprised if we don't get a week or two to check out some of the electives before making our choice.

The latter, tradesmann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Maybe bit off topic, but if anyone here plays rugby, could you send me a PM, as training for Hospital's Cup will start shortly into term, and just looking to see if anyone interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Looking at the facebook page of UCD GEM class of 2014, it seems they picked their modules around this time last year and although we don't have to commit to a choice until September 9th, modules are available on a first come first served basis and some options such as psychology and food and diet fill up early.

There is a problem with the website at the moment: read all about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Paella

Does anyone know if our timetable is available yet? I haven't been able to access it yet on the UCD website and I'm hoping to get hold of it ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭pollypigwash

Paella wrote: »
    Does anyone know if our timetable is available yet? I haven't been able to access it yet on the UCD website and I'm hoping to get hold of it ASAP.

Don't think we can get our individual timetable's until we pay our fees.

This has everything though

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/generalreferencetimetable.html

Scroll down to BHMED007 on the left. That's us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Paella wrote: »

You should be able to see it in SISWeb once you register. Think your registration opens 1st Sept, according to the registry website. The registry website appears to have collapsed twice in recent weeks when registration for other years opened, so don't freak out if it all goes tits up on Thursday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Paella

Hi all, looking through our schedule for tomorrow and student card collection is at 12:30. However my fees haven't been paid yet so according to the UCD website, I won't be able to pick up my card.

Does anyone know if this'll cause a problem or if I'll just be able to pick it up at a later date when my fees have gone through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tradesmann

I dont think that will be a problem. I wont be paying fees until next week either anyway and you can just go collect your student card during next week as well. Anyone know wheres the best place to get books/dissection kits and all that malarky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Lbgem

Tradesmann wrote: »
    I dont think that will be a problem. I wont be paying fees until next week either anyway and you can just go collect your student card during next week as well. Anyone know wheres the best place to get books/dissection kits and all that malarky?

The peer mentors seemed to suggest the student union for the anatomy lab stuff. Books - peer mentors have a pdf version of most of the books we'll be using, and if you ask yours nicely they might share it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 getleft

There's pdf or chm versions of all recommended texts floating around alright. Would recommend buying the following though:
    mcminns clinical atlas of human anatomy
    talley & o'connor clinical examination
    Amazon cheapest for new copies.

Advertisement