Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭tc20

^ it looks well in the photos, the drivers door looked like it had a bit of work done on it, but in fairness for a 36 y/o Italian she was looking mighty fine ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

a few from italy and 1 from quinns labane
    IMG_2959_zps2qr3410e.jpg
    IMG_2960_zpsrpucgbv4.jpg
    IMG_3152_zps2g3wjgg3.jpg
    IMG_2895_zpsbl1gthjs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭john hanrahan

not really a classic but a nice sight
    IMG_2985_zps9apxztfw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It's like an episode of Montalbano!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hi all .

First time posting here. This is owned by a friend of mine. He has a nice E Type as well. I'll post that tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That Beta is what I would call my dream car.
    Love those Betas. Always thought they were beautifully proportioned... like a cross between the Fulvia coupe and an BMW 635.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Spotted this close to my house one day, no one has gone into the shed in years which you can tell by the not so see through window.

I hadnt a clue what it was so thankfully the reg showed it is a Renault Fuego GTS 1647cc. Bit of searching gives me the impression they are quite a rare car, but is the reason for that good or bad?

IMG_20150714_204649_zpsjky5lnvj.jpg

IMG_20150714_204716_zpsnumm8zwh.jpg

IMG_20150714_204709_zpsoqrcrhjk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'd love it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Renault Fuego that is so rare. I seem to remember those been reasonably common in the late 80s/early 90s but all disappeared fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

road_high wrote: »
    Renault Fuego that is so rare. I seem to remember those been reasonably common in the late 80s/early 90s but all disappeared fast.

Miley in glenroe had one. You just cant buy that level of street cred. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Great find that, what year is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

road_high wrote: »

They were quite common and even though never a Renault fan they always got my attention...
    I bought a car a couple of years back from a chap in Athlone who had an immaculate one stored in a shed waiting for attention, as he put it..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think they took over from the R17 TS. I remember a neighbour of mine had a 17 for a few years. He was going to buy a second one when the dealer told him to wait a few months till the Feuego came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Essentially an R18 in a party frock. But a big step up in styling from the hard to love r15/r17.
    And in early to mid eighties ireland a fuego was a car to aspire to when bmw and audi coupes where beyond most of the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Essentially an R18 in a party frock. But a big step up in styling from the hard to love r15/r17.
    And in early to mid eighties ireland a fuego was a car to aspire to when bmw and audi coupes where beyond most of the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Great find that, what year is it?

85 reg, Drove directly past the building 100's of times, but that was the first time i went for a nose through the window. Plenty of tools still inside aswel as a Laguna,Scenic and another car so must find out what the story behind the place was.

What sort of money are they worth as my usual source done deal isnt for helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭kfog

Trim yesterday
    DSCF2309.jpg
    DSCF2308.jpg
    DSCF2307.jpg
    DSCF2300.jpg
    DSCF2279.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg
    DSCF2298.jpg
    DSCF2297.jpg
    DSCF2256.jpg
    DSCF2248.jpg

• Advertisement

Great to see some photos from Trim.

Gutted I couldn't go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

a minute ago, Leisureworld Bishopstown, Cork

20150721_152308.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

That red Charade gets to every show .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

kfog wrote: »
    Trim yesterday
    DSCF2309.jpg
    DSCF2308.jpg
    DSCF2307.jpg
    DSCF2300.jpg
    DSCF2279.jpg

Consul Capri..... My dream car when I win the Lotto..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

jca wrote: »

When I was about 8 or so my dad had the 2-door version of the Classic version, with the rear window like an Anglia. I can still remember the reg plate and the ignition key number. I used to climb on the roof to get into the attic of our garage. Great panic when I dented the roof doing so, luckily it popped back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Hope I win it before you so!! Always loved them, and the 315.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

red sean wrote: »
    Hope I win it before you so!! Always loved them, and the 315.

A teacher I had in second class had one, I thought it was the business. I don't think my teacher shared my enthusiasm as it was "starting challenged" at any sign of a cloud in the sky. We gave him many shove as a class to get him going. A nice teacher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

We had two 315s back in the day but never the Capri version. My father always wanted one. Still talks about one that he "missed".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Very excited to see this on St Stephens Green yesterday. Made my morning!

lLz0jfc.jpg

jDDRL2Z.jpg

Also saw a Pontiac Trans-Am about 10 minutes earlier.

• Advertisement

Niiiice :cool:

I've seen that come up on my Facebook newsfeed a few times

Advertisement