Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY VIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

To get the free movie do I have to input card details? It's coming up at €16.99 not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭hotshots85

To get the free movie do I have to input card details? It's coming up at €16.99 not free.

I think you need to do the purchase on sky store website and not via the box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Just ordered SKY Q and the Sky Q Mini box for free, very handy I rang through the new app and they had it sorted in minutes. Instillation on the 15th of August, I like the way you just pay €16 for Multiroom now, no matter how many Sky Q mini boxes you have. I might add one on in a few months.

hotshots85 wrote: »
    I think you need to do the purchase on sky store website and not via the box

I'm trying to get it using the website. It's coming up at €16.99 and telling me to input card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Nutser wrote: »
    I didn't read the t&c's... if I accepted sky go extra does this put me in a new contract period?

I'd like to know this also. I didn't read t&c's either and have accepted sky go extra. If it's another contract, I won't be accepting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

R11 wrote: »
    I'd like to know this also. I didn't read t&c's either and have accepted sky go extra. If it's another contract, I won't be accepting it.

Nope, it was in the FAQs so no new contract! I had to check first too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

Enter GIFT as the code here.
    https://www.skystore.com/redeem

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cardshark

Thanks OP!

Now, can anyone recommend a few good movies to pick from?!

Nope, it was in the FAQs so no new contract! I had to check first too :D
    Cheers. Just saw it on the VIP FAQ's
    Quick question - can I watch recorded programmes from my sky box using Sky Go Extra? It says downloaded movies /programmes. I've never used it before...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭silverwood

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but if you have SkyVIP The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring is free on the SkyStore too. Both DVD and digital download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Tweaky wrote: »
    Got the email about the Sky go extra - just checked it there on my phone - all seems to be working - two extra slots for devices - thanks again OP

What level were you? I'm platinum and don't have the Sky Go Extra option

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

OnLooker wrote: »
    What level were you? I'm platinum and don't have the Sky Go Extra option

Platinum as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

topnotch wrote: »

Not recognised as a valid code for me. Could be becuause I cancelled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder should I ring them up and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So we are Black members, the account is in my fathers name - can us kids have match tickets because he will never ever go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

no matter how many Sky Q mini boxes you have.

Are extra Q boxes Multi room not limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm silver got an email to say there is a free movie waiting for me and the login to the Sky app.
    Logged in selected VIP but there is no option to claim movie. Anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Getting offered a free sky Q box but then do I need to pay an extra 16 a month just to use it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I'm silver got an email to say there is a free movie waiting for me and the login to the Sky app.
    Logged in selected VIP but there is no option to claim movie. Anyone else have the same problem?

Do you have to claim it via the e-mail they sent?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Are extra Q boxes Multi room not limited?

Yeah, I think 4 is the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Anybody on the waiting list get offered tickets to the hurling this weekend yet???

ANYONE??? 🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Getting offered a free sky Q box but then do I need to pay an extra 16 a month just to use it?

Yeah that seems to be the way the deal works, you have to take out Sky Mutliscreen, it's a good deal if you already have more then one box.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Not recognised as a valid code for me. Could be becuause I cancelled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder should I ring them up and complain.

What’s the point in calling to complain about something you cancelled 3 weeks ago? They have it on their system as a cancelling customer therefore you wouldn’t be entitled to anything. I checked our second account which we cancelled too and it says we’re not eligible but for our new account there’s no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Tweaky wrote: »
    Platinum as well

There is a known fault with IOS and the rewards not showing up. Sky are aware of it. I'm going to try my android tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Davexirl wrote: »
    Yeah that seems to be the way the deal works, you have to take out Sky Mutliscreen, it's a good deal if you already have more then one box.

I usually get all the sky boxes for free after a bit of haggling.

Already pay for multiroom to so would I be covered for this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I got email saying sky go extra activated. Excuse my ignorance but How do I download kids programmes to my tablet and phone so kids can watch them offline on holidays? I have sky go app downloaded but can't see a download icon or option..

topnotch wrote: »

It tells me I've already redeemed that gift which I haven't!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I got email saying sky go extra activated. Excuse my ignorance but How do I download kids programmes to my tablet and phone so kids can watch them offline on holidays? I have sky go app downloaded but can't see a download icon or option..

Click into episode / movie you want
    There will be a box with 3 white dots at the side
    Click on that and selects download in SD or HD

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

It tells me I've already redeemed that gift which I haven't!

I spent a bit of time going through this yesterday, somewhere in terms and conditions it mentions that credit won't show up in your account but you can still purchase using voucher. If you login in to the sky store site (not app) I think the fact that you can see a sky VIP offer section of movies to select from would back that up. I don't have the time now to find the link now, sorry.

km79 wrote: »
    Click into episode / movie you want
    There will be a box with 3 white dots at the side
    Click on that and selects download in SD or HD

I've done that, it says download to Sky+ box. No option to watch it on phone. When I go to downloads on sky go app, this shows -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've done that, it says download to Sky+ box. No option to watch it on phone. When I go to downloads on sky go app, this shows -

Click on manage devices on left hand menu of use screen
    See if 2 or 4 show up

I know you got an email say g extra had been activated but it looks like it may not yet be

Advertisement