Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sure why not...

Options
  • 04-08-2018 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

Brand new to cycling and have just bought a bike, cheap enough yoke from Halfords to get me going.

I've only been out a few times but already I enjoy it much more than running! :)

So far it's 3-4 times a week but I'm only doing the same short route, about 12km, because I'm out the door busy but I'm going to start extending that from Monday. I'm sure my times are crazy slow but they'll only improve, I hope!

Main reason for getting out is to enjoy a new hobby, get fit and lose a bit of weight. Main reason for this thread is to ensure I keep it up :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Brand new to cycling and have just bought a bike, cheap enough yoke from Halfords to get me going.

I've only been out a few times but already I enjoy it much more than running! :)

So far it's 3-4 times a week but I'm only doing the same short route, about 12km, because I'm out the door busy but I'm going to start extending that from Monday. I'm sure my times are crazy slow but they'll only improve, I hope!

Main reason for getting out is to enjoy a new hobby, get fit and lose a bit of weight. Main reason for this thread is to ensure I keep it up :D

The biggest difference changing from running to cycling I found was the time you need for it. Running you could put on runners and be out the door and back within an hour. Cycling is much more time consuming but it's great and much easier on the joints thankfully

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Stick to a similar circuit and as your fitness progresses you will start going faster and you can extend the distance then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Borderfox wrote: »
    Stick to a similar circuit and as your fitness progresses you will start going faster and you can extend the distance then

Will do!

Unfortunately I've had a few things pop up at home so I haven't been out much but I'm still enjoying it, that's half the battle!

Advertisement