Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Wish?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Already told my kids

No black at my funeral

Cremate me

As i go through the curtains i want Nelly Its getting hot in here playing over the speakers.

You won't be so cool then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I've already tempted fate skydiving. Don't need the adrenaline these days, cherish life more than death.

Skydiving is as safe as houses,dude. Not exactly taking crystal meth in the projects in Baltimore sort of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I remember reading that the crazy one out of the Beach Boys wanted to be buried at sea but was refused because the body was too toxic. Probably an urban myth but if its not true, it should be :D

Not exactly taking crystal meth in the projects in Baltimore sort of stuff.

You can obviously relate from experience, I'll acquiesce to the armchair general.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I remember reading that the crazy one out of the Beach Boys wanted to be buried at sea but was refused because the body was too toxic. Probably an urban myth but if its not true, it should be :D

Dennis Wilson, yeah, he drowned after a lengthy drinking “session” and diving for personal belongings he’d thrown away years before.

They had to get permission from the President to have him “buried” at sea, regardless of his “toxicity”. Think only members of the navy were allowed go that way up to then.

He did record a really nice album called ‘Pacific Ocean Blue’ that is well worth checking out.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You can obviously relate from experience, I'll acquiesce to the armchair general.

Don’t get me wrong, dude, it’s a great thing to do and all that. Well done. Skydiving is as safe as houses though. Hundreds of thousands of people do it every year. Sure my down syndrome nephew has done 8 or 9 of them at this stage for charity. Hiking or cricket probably have a higher fatality rate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

Skydiving is as safe as houses,dude. Not exactly taking crystal meth in the projects in Baltimore sort of stuff.

crystal meth is fine too, just got to make sure your diet is decent. plenty of milk, cheese, supplements, basically just keep eating and you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MeTheMan

I've always said I want a viking funeral. The lake beside us, wooden boat, bed of sticks bit of diesel maybe? Crack a match send me off and head to the pub. Of course the response is ''it couldn't be legal'' but who's is going to swim out put out the fire and drag me back to shore.

There was a woman on the TV lately who buried her husband in the back garden. When asked was it legal she said "no, but who's going to come and dig him up!"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

My Mam and Dad are elderly and have both requested cremation and the scattering of their ashes in locations they feel connected to. I will do my very best to honour their requests.

All good so far like but, I made the mistake of asking my husband how he'd like to leave this world. His answer is being thrown out of a helicopter into the Atlantic Ocean over some part of the West of Ireland. Is this even feasible?

Well someone thinks a lot of himself now doesn't he?

Already told my kids

No black at my funeral

Cremate me

As i go through the curtains i want Nelly Its getting hot in here playing over the speakers.

Similar but Highway To Hell by ACDC for the curtains part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I don't want a funeral. Weird things. People can find out i am dead when i don't respond to their texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hiring a chopper and pilot will eat a chunk out of the Life Assurance.

Get a Groupon deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Being fired off the coast from a giant catapult would be cooler than a helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

When I seen the thread title I thought it was how you want to die, my mistake. For me I would like to die peacefully in my sleep like my father, not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus.

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Buried in a Catholic cemetery.

Just a brief graveside ceremony conducted by a Catholic Priest would be my wish.

I could do without the Mass but it probably won't be up to me anyway.

I'm never going to discuss these kind of things with my family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

All good so far like but, I made the mistake of asking my husband how he'd like to leave this world. His answer is being thrown out of a helicopter into the Atlantic Ocean over some part of the West of Ireland. Is this even feasible?
    Ah, the Osama bin Laden package! ;)

A cousin of mine told me about a woman who had come to his area in the west of Ireland to scatter her sister's ashes into the sea, but got swept out to sea as she was doing it, and drowned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I'd like to be cremated but before that happens I'd love if my corpse starred in a remake of Weekend At Bernies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I'm in the process of registering with Trinity for my body to be used to teach medical students. Once the college is finished with it, they pay for the costs of either cremation or burial in Glasnevin Cemetery.

That's only if my organs aren't donated though, obviously if they're donated, my body will be of no use for dissection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They say you can't bring anything with you.

I'm saving up C4 as we speak, when the time comes I'm bringing the feckin nursing home with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

We have Paul on the line. Paul, welcome to the show
    Tell us Paul, would you like to be buried or cremated?
    Paul: "Oh, buried Gerry."
    Gerry Ryan: "And where would you like to be buried?"
    Paul: "Up to me balls in Bibi Baskin"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

So Paul the fecker drove Bibi underground...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

My Mam and Dad are elderly and have both requested cremation and the scattering of their ashes in locations they feel connected to. I will do my very best to honour their requests.

There’s a through line here. Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Disposed of. Apologies for my poor writing. Up Tipperary.

Not going to happen for many good reasons.

If you want to give someone a real fright, attach a load of weather balloons to his coffin, fill them up with helium and stand back. Based on the prevailing wind, he'll land somewhere in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

Buried in a Catholic cemetery.

Just a brief graveside ceremony conducted by a Catholic Priest would be my wish.

I could do without the Mass but it probably won't be up to me anyway.

I'm never going to discuss these kind of things with my family.

May I ask why you'll never discuss these things with your family?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I want to be cremated with Rammstein's Feuer Frei playing followed by Mein Herz Brennt. Black is allowed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,671 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not going to happen for many good reasons.

If you want to give someone a real fright, attach a load of weather balloons to his coffin, fill them up with helium and stand back. Based on the prevailing wind, he'll land somewhere in the UK.

Just make sure its a really windy day at that the winds are blowing the right way.

Can see it now,

Sir we have something unidentified coming in over the west coast on radar.

What is it?

No idea sir but it is coming in fast.

Must be a new Russian weapon.

Quick shot it down.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement