Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Wish?

Options
  • 18-08-2019 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

My Mam and Dad are elderly and have both requested cremation and the scattering of their ashes in locations they feel connected to. I will do my very best to honour their requests.

All good so far like but, I made the mistake of asking my husband how he'd like to leave this world. His answer is being thrown out of a helicopter into the Atlantic Ocean over some part of the West of Ireland. Is this even feasible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My Mam and Dad are elderly and have both requested cremation and the scattering of their ashes in locations they feel connected to. I will do my very best to honour their requests.

All good so far like but, I made the mistake of asking my husband how he'd like to leave this world. His answer is being thrown out of a helicopter into the Atlantic Ocean over some part of the West of Ireland. Is this even feasible?

Use a drone....

Or a firework....

Go out with a boom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

is this pre or post death.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

If he also gets cremated first then it's probably possible. Don't think you can just go firing corpses out of helicopters though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Is "how does he want to leave" how does he want to die, or dispose of his remains?
    You both need to be a bit clearer I think.

Both are very feasible. Might not be legal though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Use a drone....

Or a firework....

Go out with a boom

He doesn't want to be cremated. 17ish stone of a man and a least a half of a mile up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

is this pre or post death.

Looks like pre, going by the name.

Viking funeral all the way! Burning ship cast adrift in the ocean.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I want my remains to be scattered across the country. I also don't want to be cremated.

Spleerbun wrote: »
    If he also gets cremated first then it's probably possible. Don't think you can just go firing corpses out of helicopters though

Ah really...
    Dang it....

I thought the heading was a remake of death wish!

It could be done like reality TV and follow those been shot out of cannons or thrown from helicopter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Hiring a chopper and pilot will eat a chunk out of the Life Assurance.

• Advertisement

Is "how does he want to leave" how does he want to die, or dispose of his remains?
    You both need to be a bit clearer I think.

Both are very feasible. Might not be legal though

Disposed of. Apologies for my poor writing. Up Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

What would Charles Bronson do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Bruthal wrote: »
    Looks like pre, going by the name.

thats what im afraid of. poor divel could wake up some day at terminal velocity

Hiring a chopper and pilot will eat a chunk out of the Life Assurance.

Nobody thought of the pilot he must also be taken care of as you know witnesses are a bit too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

j
    He doesn't want to be cremated. 17ish stone of a man and a least a half of a mile up.

Well I can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be feasible.

No siree, not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You have a busy week ahead of you...how are you going to kill them?

I want my remains to be scattered across the country. I also don't want to be cremated.

I see Malcolm MacArthur has been out of prison for a while, odds on he might need a job so....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Heard recently that cremation only burns the “flesh” but leaves the bones. This takes an awful lot of fuel and is terrible for the environment. The charred bones are then “ground up” and the dust left over is swept into the urn.

There’s one place looking into setting up a different “model” where the body is put in a type of acid bath, it may be alkaline, so that the flesh is removed in a more environmentally friendly way. Of course, the bones are dealt with the same way.

I think I’d prefer that, after my organs have been donated. But, to be honest, I’m not too bothered about what happens, whatever is “easiest”.

Regarding your dropping of the body into the sea west of Ireland, OP, I’m not sure that’s legal.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

If we have two helicopters this could work

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    You have a busy week ahead of you...how are you going to kill them?

Hidden amongst the Tipperary celebrations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Hidden amongst the Tipperary celebrations!

There's enough experts around here , so we should have no trouble sorting you out .

Just make sure you label the people you bumped off properly. An X on their foreheads or a label on their coats.

I've already tempted fate skydiving. Don't need the adrenaline these days, cherish life more than death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

Sky burial. Don't think we have any vultures in Ireland though? except bankers and politicians.

Why can't it be done? Some ridiculous bylaws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Burial at sea, body intact, is allowed. There are regs to follow (body must be tagged etc.) but it’s allowed. Getting chucked out of a helicopter, I don’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Don't recall ever hearing that it's written into the Irish constitution that a corpse cannot be fcuked out of a helicopter.
    Over international waters then maybe?

Burial at sea, body intact, is allowed. There are regs to follow (body must be tagged etc.) but it’s allowed. Getting chucked out of a helicopter, I don’t know.

Thanks odb, his request not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Friend of mine is a top...
    When he goes, he wants to be cremated and have his husband sprinkle some of his ashes in a curry...
    So he can dribble out of his ravaged arse one last time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,456 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Already told my kids

No black at my funeral

Cremate me

As i go through the curtains i want Nelly Its getting hot in here playing over the speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,628 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Already told my kids

No black at my funeral

Cremate me

As i go through the curtains i want Nelly Its getting hot in here playing over the speakers.

Your name would be perfect for getting flung out of a helicopter.

Advertisement